ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV -- and EPISODE V -- and EPISODE VI

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV -- and EPISODE V -- and EPISODE VI

Post  pinhedz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:05 am

Meanwhile back at Mack's boat, Mack has decided not to kill Rasetti quite yet. At least not until Rasetti sees what he can do to repair the boat's motor.

Rasetti noted that the barge had stopped at a distance of a kilometer or two from the island, and was no longer approaching. To Rasetti, this is an ominous sign:

Rasetti -- "From that distance, the beam cross-section from the x-ray laser will be just the right size to burn the entire island to a black, smoldering mass of cooked plastic bottles."

Mack -- "Well, hurry up then! The sun will be going down soon, and we won't even be able to see the barge any more!"

Rasetti returned to the boat and commenced to rummaging around in the cabin and the engine compartment.

While Franco was busy making himself useful, there was a joyous reunion as Nash and Tigerlilly, walking their circuit around the coastline, finally found the posse:

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV -- and EPISODE V -- and EPISODE VI

Post  pinhedz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:29 am

As you can well imagine, there were hugs all around. The old ATU friends related their exciting adventures and talked their heads off.

But then Mack noticed: "The sun's going down--I'd better check on Rasetti and get my gun!"

Mack went to the cabin of the boat, opened the top utility drawer, and suddenly swore loudly:

Mack -- "My cotton-pickin' gun is gone! Where's Rasetti?" Mad

But Franco was already gone, heading out for the barge as the sun was setting:

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:31 am

Does Franco think he can shoot it out with Panties and her goons? Shocked

Of course not. What a hackneyed turn of plot that would be. Rolling Eyes

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:33 am

Meanwhile, Woo is fading fast.

He's way worse than when he got up that morning, and Uzi can see he's not long for this world:

Last edited by pinhedz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:35 am

Uzi believes the time has come. He loads Woo into his canoe, and they shove off together:

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:03 am

Contrary to Mack's pronouncement, the barge did not become invisible after dark. The target-acquisition beam and some other lights were quite visible.

Sagdeev had been terribly busy assembling and testing the target acquisition system, and his last task--which he was finishing up under intense time pressure--was the detonation delay timer.

It's just a three-digit timer, so 999 seconds was the longest time delay he could set. Yes it's crude. But like I said, he was in a hurry:

The barge was not Uzi's destination, but seeing the light, he paddled that way out of curiosity.

Tying up his canoe to the side of the barge, Uzi finds it deserted--almost. Franco was on the deck sitting on a folding chair in the dark, with the flickering light from the detonation timer illuminating his ancient craggy face.

Uzi -- "Are you a being from the spirit world?"

Franco -- "I don't know, but if I am I will find out very soon"

Uzi -- "Are you the only being on this very large craft?"

Franco -- "Other than you, I am. The others have left on smaller boats, because they are not yet ready to return to the spirit world. According to their plan, a nuclear explosion will occur on this very spot in less than 999 seconds."

An LED display on the device showed the countdown to "T = 0" in progress.

Franco -- "Do you see this advanced target-acquisition system? It is locked onto the center of mass of the island. No matter which way the island drifts, or which way the barge rotates, the weapon remains locked onto the target until the detonation time. This will allow the evil-doers to reach a safe distance before the explosion."

Uzi -- "Who would take the trouble to do this?"

Franco -- "The vengeful and the greedy. The greedy in this case being Doctor Roald Sagdeev."

Uzi -- "I was before his people. Can Roald Sagdeev bring life? Can he make a baby, this Roald Sagdeev?" bounce

Franco -- "With Susan Eisenhower? Not so far."

The three mystics watched for awhile as the LED continued the inexorable countdown.

Uzi -- "Is there a reason why you are not leaving yourself?"

Franco -- "I have tried to prepare myself for this day--which is long overdue, I might add. Have you considered saving yourselves?"

Woo -- "I'm not sure what I should expect, since I can't die until I experience a moment of perfect happiness."

Franco -- "Wasn't this the day you should have experienced that?"

Woo -- "I did not find perfect happiness, because the party broke up too soon, and she left." Neutral

Franco -- "I am 100 years old, and I, too, feel that the party is breaking up too soon."

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:30 am

Some might think that there should be a greater sense of urgency around the detonation-delay timer, but it is not often that three deeply reflective people find themselves all together on an occasion with such profound philosophical significance. And when the likes of them get to talking, they lose all track of time.

Uzi asks Woo:

Uzi -- "Who told you that you could not die until you experienced a moment of perfect happiness?" Suspect

Woo -- "Nonosabasut, the last of the Beothuks."

Uzi -- "Nonosabasut died in 1819, and he was not the last." Razz

Woo -- "I think that's just his last name -- 'Last-of-the-Beothuks'."

Uzi -- "Do you know how to tell when an Indian is being ironic?"

Woo -- "It's the same as when they're not."

Uzi -- "Do you know how to tell when an indian is making a social statement?"

Woo -- "More often than we realize."

Uzi -- "Do you know how to tell when an Indian is pulling your leg?"

Woo -- "Do they do that?" Shocked

Uzi -- "Not exactly, but sometime they talk in riddles, and will tell you something that is literally true, but which leads you to exactly the wrong conclusion."

Woo -- "From time to time I've suspected that." Suspect

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:08 am

Uzi is often the one to cut through the BS:

Uzi -- "Ask yourself this. When Nonosabasut told you that you would not die, did he tell you that other mortals would die?"

Woo -- "No." Suspect

Uzi -- "What if you had asked him 'Will others die?' What do you think he would have said?"

Woo -- "He probably would have said that no one dies, that it is all part of the endless cycle of death and rebirth, by which life never ends, but simply transitions from one cycle to the next."

Uzi -- "Yes. So Nonosabasut was just feeding you the same line of bull that he fed every other man that wanted to date his daughters, trying to discourage them from having too good a time." Wink

Woo -- "It all makes sense now." Rolling Eyes

And so, a discussion about the meaning of life and death segued into some useful advise on parenting. Razz

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:29 am

Just then, to everyone's surprise, a man stepped out of the shadows and stood before Rasetti, and spoke:

Sagdeev -- "I am reminded of the legend of Snegurochka, the snow maiden. She dies in the spring, and we think it is the end, but it isn't, because she dies every spring."

Franco -- "Aha! My long-time nemesis, Doctor Sagdeev! I assumed you had left with the others." Cool

Sagdeev -- "And so we meet again, Doctor Rasetti. It is what the Russians call 'The Irony of Fate.' But since someone had to set the timer, you must have known that I would be the last to leave, yes?" Cool

Franco -- "Yes, hastening this particular cycle of death, and so Snegurochka will be sublimated into a different state of being. The substance does not melt and evaporate, but is sublimated directly from solid form into an invisible vapor."

Sagdeev -- "As always, Doctor Rasetti, you succeed in being both a physicist and a mystic at the same time." Cool

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:54 am

Woo asks Franco:

Woo -- "Where do you know this evil-doer from?"

Franco -- "From many international conferences over the past 5 decades. I know him as a man who cannot be tricked and cannot be intimidated ... "

Sagdeev -- "But can be bought?"

Franco -- "Indeed."

Sagdeev -- "And I know you as a man that the Americans tried to buy in 1939, but they failed."

Franco -- "I had other plans."

Sagdeev -- "So can you be tricked?"

Franco -- "If I was tricked, how would I know?"

Sagdeev -- "I'll answer for you--you cannot be tricked."

Franco -- "Whatever you say."

Sagdeev -- "But can you be intimidated?"

Franco -- "At my age? What could you threaten me with?"

Sagdeev -- "I'll answer for you: you can't be intimidated."

--- pause ---

Sagdeev -- "So, in short, we have no basis for negotiation."

Franco -- "None that I can see. But I wonder if it is still the case that you cannot be intimidated?"

With that, Franco pulled Mack's pistol out from under his belt.

Sagdeev -- "Intimidate me with a gun? All your life you avoid violence, and now you have a weapon? I don't believe you could hit the broad side of a barn at 10 meters!" Razz

Franco -- "Oh, I would not shoot you. I wouldn't even think of it. But right in front of me is the nuclear device that will drive the nuclear-pumped laser."

Franco holds the barrel of the pistol against the waist of the housing:

Franco -- "Where is the center of the device? Right about here?" Cool

Sagdeev -- "I don't doubt that you will find the right location if you open the maintenance hatch."

Franco -- "Yes, that's what I was about to do when these guests arrived."

Sagdeev -- "And I remember now that I was about to leave when they arrived. So, if you'll excuse me, I'm late for a previous engagement."

Sagdeev hurriedly climbed into his motorboat, started the engine and departed at full speed.

Franco -- "I'd almost say that he was intimidated." Razz

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:14 am

Franco proceeded to open the maintenance hatch with his Swiss Army knife. It was considerably larger than the Hollywood version that Nicole Kidman opened, and Franco was much more cool and adept at it than Nicole was.

Franco -- "The movie with Nicole Kidman was entertaining, but her idea to prevent spherical implosion by removing a singe high-explosive lenz was not such a good one. If all of the other detonators worked properly, it would be a multi-point detonation scenario instead of a single-point detonation scenario, and the implosion might have been quite close to spherical."

Franco can now see the best spot for one-point detonation, and he holds the barrel of the pistol against it.

Franco -- "But this way, we are assured that the high-explosive will be detonated at only a single point."

--- pause ---

Franco -- "Of course, Nicole Kidman and George Clooney were hampered by another consideration--they were hoping to escape with their lives, which is not a consideration for us."

pinhedz wrote:

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:53 am

Uzi -- "How much time would we need to get out of range of the nuclear explosion?"

Franco -- "It's already too late for you to get out of range in the event of a nuclear explosion. But, if the implosion is not spherical--as it will not be in the case of a single-point detonation--there will be only a non-nuclear high-explosive blast. You would only need a few minutes to get out of range of that."

Uzi -- "How much time do we have now?"

Franco -- "We've counted down from 999 seconds to 199 seconds, so you still have plenty of time--over three minutes."

Uzi -- "Thank you my friend. In the fullness of time we will return to the spirit world, but not by the same path as you."

Franco -- "Buon viaggio, my friends."

Uzi shoved off from the barge, and with a few powerful strokes the canoe glided swiftly into the darkness.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:32 am

That sure was a long stretch of talk talk talk with no action. How come there ain't no explosions in this here movie? bounce bounce

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:03 pm

^^I'm about to explode.

senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:42 pm

weird , when I log on to this thread from my email , it says something like no posts exist for this topic !

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Doc Watson wrote:weird , when I log on to this thread from my email , it says something like no posts exist for this topic !

Thanks for sharing. I don't know what I would have done without knowing that. I feel so mush wiser now. Frick killing the Woo, kill the Doc the interrupter.

senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Blue Pinggo wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:weird , when I log on to this thread from my email , it says something like no posts exist for this topic !

Thanks for sharing. I don't know what I would have done without knowing that. I feel so mush wiser now. Frick killing the Woo, kill the Doc the interrupter.
sorry I thought it may have been the same for others just treat it as an interval or break in the story or every other poster will have a go at me too Smile Smile

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:48 pm

A proper break from reality is when I run down a dream with Del while licking LSD wallpaper.

senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:20 am

This morning I read somewhere Pinggotro saying that the pinhed was too much of a pussy to kill Woo. Rolling Eyes

This is a transparent attempt to manipulate another's supposed sexual insecurity--suggesting that I could prove my manhood by doing another's bidding. Razz

The pinhed is not so easily tricked. Cool

Nor can the pinhed be intimidated. bounce

How about bribery? Are you up for bribery? I'm listening. What a Face

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 am

pinhedz wrote:Franco -- "Buon viaggio, my friends."

Uzi shoved off from the barge, and with a few powerful strokes the canoe glided swiftly into the darkness.
Tigerlilly, Nash, Tatiana, Otronombre, Constance and Eddie are all watching the lights on the barge from the island.

What is Franco waiting for? Surely he's not going to let the detonation-delay timer count down all the way to ZERO. affraid

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:11 am

pinhedz wrote:

Woo -- "I did not find perfect happiness, because the party broke up too soon, and she left." :|

Who is this mysterious "she" you speak of, Mr. Blah? Tell us more, tell us more.

senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:40 am

pinhedz wrote:

Woo -- "He probably would have said that no one dies, that it is all part of the endless cycle of death and rebirth, by which life never ends, but simply transitions from one cycle to the next."

:P

Never ends!! Yikes! It's just like this story.

How about a song to pass the time away until the next installment of "The Endless Babble of Picklepinhedz."

senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:00 pm

senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:51 pm

pinhedz wrote:This morning I read somewhere Pinggotro saying that the pinhed was too much of a pussy to kill Woo. :roll:

This is a transparent attempt to manipulate another's supposed sexual insecurity--suggesting that I could prove my manhood by doing another's bidding. :P

The pinhed is not so easily tricked. 8)

Nor can the pinhed be intimidated. :bounce:

How about bribery? Are you up for bribery? I'm listening. :face:

I'll take of my mask and reveal who I Am really if you kill that miserable Woo.

senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top