ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV -- and EPISODE V -- and EPISODE VI

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV -- and EPISODE V -- and EPISODE VI

Post  pinhedz on July 25th 2012, 5:04 am

Before reading the following episode, it would be best to read Episode I, or at least the epiloque to Episode I: http://acrosstheuniverse.forummotion.com/t274-atu-the-movie-episode-i-with-epilogue-part-1-and-2-and-episode-ii-and-episode-iii-and-episode-iv

... from which the action proceeds as follows ...

pinhedz wrote:Blue Moon -- "Can we depart first thing in the morning?" Smile

Mack -- "We? You're not going--that weren't never part of the deal. We're gonna be goin' up against tough hombres, the worst roughnecks in Nevada!" affraid

Blue Moon -- "I know all about 'tough hombres.' I've been on lots of prawn hunts; we work all day and then tell ghost stories at night--it's fun." Cool

Has the ATU crewe ever got moving before noon after a night of drinking and carousing? And was there ever a night of anything other than drinking and carousing in ATU history? drunken

But we'll just have to accept that the mission to save The Universe did not get underway until mid-afternoon. And that was already the day after the day after Miss Panties' tour bus arrived at the front gate of the Nevada Test Site ("Home of the world's only nuclear-pumped X-ray laser") with Precinct and his goons and stooges. Neutral

(I should add that I do not consider Doktor Sagdayev to be a goon or a stooge. But having shown that he can be bought, let's just say that he is no better than he should be).

As the bus pulled up to the guard post at the front gate, Precinct said to the driver: "Move your posterior to one of the passenger seats--I will do the talking here."

As the guard stepped up the the driver's window, Precinct opened up his "Letter Of Authorization" from Senator Lugar.

Last edited by pinhedz on December 8th 2012, 4:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV -- and EPISODE V -- and EPISODE VI

Post  pinhedz on July 26th 2012, 10:48 pm

Precinct handed the "letter" to the guard--who read it to the best of his ability:

Greetings,

I am Senator Richard Lugar, ranking member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, Republican from Indiana and proud of it, and the most senior member of the US Senate. If I knew how to use a computer, I would put a bouncy smiley here!

I've had a jolly good run in the US Senate, but before I retire for good and all, I would so very much like to rid our planet of a few more of those beastly proliferation threats.

And so, by the powers invested in me, I hereby deputize Mr. Precinct, ESQ, and his merry band--and our favorite Russian nuclear scientist, Dr. Sagdayev--to remove forthwith that nasty nuclear-pumped laser experiment from the Nevada Test Site, which is otherwise a splendid ecological research park of pristine beauty and pastoral peacefulness.

I am certain that you will give Mr. Precinct, Dr. Sagdayev, and the rest of the lads immediate access to the site, and see to it that they get tea and scones--perhaps some Devon cream teas--at the appropriate times of day.

Thank you ever so much for your hospitality and cooperation.

God save the Queen,
(signed) Senator Richard "Dick" Lugar

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Re: ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV -- and EPISODE V -- and EPISODE VI

Post  pinhedz on July 26th 2012, 10:59 pm

The test site guard cast a baleful look on the occupants of the bus. Suspect

The look he was giving them did not seem to bode well for the success of the planned heist. Neutral

The guard looked at them long and hard, as if he would bore holes through them with his gaze. affraid

They all froze and held their breaths, awaiting the outcome.

Finally the guard spoke:

"Do you people realize that the Safety and Emissions sticker on this vehicle expired three months ago?" Mad

The guard paused and waited for the import of his words to sink in. Then he heaved a deep sigh and said:

"I'll let you in today, but the next time you come back here in this vehicle, make sure you have a current sticker, or you're going to one heck of a ticket!" bounce

Hanging their heads in shame, Precinct, Sagdayev, and all his goons and stooges proceeded through the gate. Embarassed

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on July 27th 2012, 1:33 am

pinhedz wrote:Precinct handed the "letter" to the guard--who read it to the best of his ability:

Greetings,

I am Senator Richard Lugar, ranking member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, Republican from Indiana and proud of it, and the most senior member of the US Senate. If I knew how to use a computer, I would put a bouncy smiley here!

I've had a jolly good run in the US Senate, but before I retire for good and all, I would so very much like to rid our planet of a few more of those beastly proliferation threats.

And so, by the powers invested in me, I hereby deputize Mr. Precinct, ESQ, and his merry band--and our favorite Russian nuclear scientist, Dr. Sagdayev--to remove forthwith that nasty nuclear-pumped laser experiment from the Nevada Test Site, which is otherwise a splendid ecological research park of pristine beauty and pastoral peacefulness.

I am certain that you will give Mr. Precinct, Dr. Sagdayev, and the rest of the lads immediate access to the site, and see to it that they get tea and scones--perhaps some Devon cream teas--at the appropriate times of day.

Thank you ever so much for your hospitality and cooperation.

God save the Queen,
(signed) Senator Richard "Dick" Lugar
Why did he write "God save the Queen ?

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on July 27th 2012, 4:53 am

Doc Watson wrote:Why did he write "God save the Queen ?"
Patriotism, I reckon, and force of habit.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on July 27th 2012, 5:36 am

pinhedz wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:Why did he write "God save the Queen ?"
Patriotism, I reckon, and force of habit.
But he would not be British.

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on July 27th 2012, 10:39 am

Doc Watson wrote:But he would not be British.
That depends on who really wrote the letter, doesn't it?

Food for thought. Suspect

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on July 27th 2012, 8:07 pm

I've got a feeling I'm going to be taken by surprise.
I always think I know what's going to happen, and then it turns out different.
Will Woo meet the fate I've been expecting? Maybe not.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on July 27th 2012, 8:11 pm

Little known fact, for about a year before the Woo family reunion in 2001, Woo had become obsessed with Russin literature--especialy Tolstoy--and Russian folklore--especially the story of Snegurochka.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on July 27th 2012, 8:12 pm

I hope I haven't given away too much too soon. silent

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on July 28th 2012, 12:55 am

In the fullness of time , all will be revealed.

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on July 28th 2012, 4:07 am

Let me just get my bearings here--don't want to lose the thread (updates in bold red):

pinhedz wrote:June 10, 1911, EPISODE II -- Abram Zimmerman born in Duluth, Minnesota

May 15, 1934 -- LaRue acquires fission device technology from the Dillinger brothers crime syndicate

June 10, 1934 -- Abram Zimmerman marries Beatrice Stone

July 22, 1934 -- John Dillinger (aka "Precinct") supposedly dies in a shootout with police

December 1, 1938 -- LaRue detects traces of barium after bombarding uranium with neutrons. Lise Meitner congratulates her for discovering nuclear fission

January 2, 1938 -- Enrico Fermi emigrates to the US and offers LaRue a post-grad fellowship at the University of Chicago

August 1, 1939 -- Franco Dino Rasetti, born in Castiglione del Lago in 1901, emigrates to Canada. Very suspicious

August 25, 1940 -- Beatty Zimmerman pregnant

August 26, 1940 -- Frank Dillinger (aka "Woo," aka "Konakai") enlists in the Army, subsequently meeting Maria Teresa Pezzati in Sicily

May 25, 1941 -- Robert Allen Zimmerman born in Duluth

November 20, 1943 -- Suze Rotolo born

June 15, 1943 -- LaRue becomes a double agent within the Dillinger crime syndicate

July 16, 1945 -- The "Trinity" device is detonated at the Nevada Test Site

May 14, 1947 -- Franco Rasetti emigrates to the USA

November 28, 1954 -- Enrico Fermi dies in Chicago.

June 1st, 1955 -- 1st ATU reunion: Bob meets Paladin, "Shakira" liquidated at Naniboujou, Woo's whereabouts unknown

June 6, 1955 -- LaRue and Mack raid the Franco Rasetti Winery, but The gadget is gone.

December 15, 1959 -- Bob Zimmerman sits alone in his gray room over Grey's Drug Store in Dinkytown, writing earnestly in his UofM spiral notebook.

January 10, 1960 -- Nash liquidates Sally Sue Brown in Arizona.

October 31, 1966 -- Nash liquidates 3 more replicants at a house of ill repute in Buenos Aires.

July 4, 1967 -- The US Department of Energy establishes a particle accelerator laboratory outside of Batavia, Illinois, but names it the "National Accelerator Laboratory" instead of naming it "Fermilab," as LaRue had suggested. Mad

July 5, 1974 -- After years of hounding from LaRue, the National Accelerator Lab is renamed "Fermilab." cheers

July 26, 1992 EPISODE III: The scheduled test of the Department of Energy's X-ray laser, powered by a nuclear explosion, is cancelled, leaving the test device ready to detonate at the Nevada test Site. Miss panties must have it, and Kona Gold will finance her evil plans.

July, 1993: Shipment of Woo's Kona Gold on the way to California blows off course and is wrecked on the coast of southern Alaska. Porpoises and bears behave strangely.

July 4, 1993: Mack goes undercover for the FBI, taking the job as Chief of Security at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. 2nd ATU reunion gathering in Las Vegas. LaRue's operation terminates when she moves to Cern.

July 5, 1993: Franco Rasetti abducted by Precinct's goons, leaving his wife with Andy in a bar in Waremme.

July 7, 1993: LaRue beats the snot out of Precinct's goons in Geneva.

July 8, 1993: The final concert by balalaika players stoned on Kona Gold in Sitka Alaska is a stunning triumph, and Constable Artem foils Tiffany's plot to rob and bankrupt the Balalaika and Domra Association of America.

July 9, 1993: Franco Rasetti's focus group at an undisclosed location disintigrates when Woo has one of his episodes of recurring Paranoia. Woo assumes a new identity because his location has been leaked by irresponsible tweeters.

June 19, 1999 -- EPISODE IV: June 19, 1999 -- Suze Rotolo undertakes the enormous task of locating Woo's kids and arranging a family reunion.

February 2, 2001 -- Precinct recruits Dr. Roald Sagdeev to collaborate with Miss Panties.

May 29, 2001 -- Mack and the pinhed track the evil doers to Las Vegas and encounter Doc Watson, Felix and Blue Moon.

June 1, 2001 -- Panties, Precinct and Sagdeev infiltrate the Nevada test site, intending to steal the nuclear pumped x-ray laser, unless Mack and his posse arrive in time.

June 18, 2001 -- The great Woo family reunion, ...

December 5, 2001 -- Official announcement of Franco Rasetti's death.

April 1, 2011 -- EPISODE-I: Infamous 3rd ATU reunion at Maple Lake, Minnesota, Gypsy D (Panties) has the deeds.

April 8, 2011 -- After the Eruption (triggered by The gadget) and deluge (triggered by Woo), the Australians arrive at Grand Marais courthouse, with the deeds in Willie Murphy's stolen van.

April 11, 2011 -- The trial of the century (Precinct vs Mary Jane Magnusson) held in Grand Marais. Eddie and Precinct pass through a wormhole and arrive at different destinations. Bob, the pinhed and Felix jailed on multiple charges.

Oct 4, 2011 -- Panties eaten by Eddie. Fembot/replicant army left leaderless.

Nov. 16, 2011 -- Katerina vaporizes the fembot army. Paladin and Felix generate cosmic vibes to avert the apocalypse, which might or might not have worked, since it opened so many worm holes we can't be sure were, when...or if...we are at this point in time and space (assuming we are at some point in time and space).

Nov. 21, 2011 -- "Tiffany" marries chief of border patrol, who dies mysteriously on his wedding night.

Nov. 27, 2011 -- Heavy-metal band "Depleted Uranium" begins long-term engagement at Naniboujou Lodge (now under Katerina's management).

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on July 28th 2012, 4:32 am

pinhedz wrote:Has the ATU crewe ever got moving before noon after a night of drinking and carousing? And was there ever a night of anything other than drinking and carousing in ATU history? drunken
Back at Caesar's Palace, there is a knock on the door of the hotel room where Mack, Felix, the pinhed and Doc are still passed out in their now-rumpled tuxes:

Delavan -- "Room service!"

The pinhed stumbles to the door and opens it.

Delavan -- "You guys owe me. Ordinarily the hotel doesn't like to serve breakfast after 2:30 pm."

pinhed -- "We owe you dude. And we're going to owe you more."

Delavan -- "Why are you going to owe me more?" Suspect

pinhed -- "Because we need you to drive us out to the test site today. The rest of use are a bit under the weather."

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on July 29th 2012, 4:59 am

pinhedz wrote:Delavan -- "Room service!"

The pinhed stumbles to the door and opens it.

Delavan -- "You guys owe me. Ordinarily the hotel doesn't like to serve breakfast after 2:30 pm."

pinhed -- "We owe you dude. And we're going to owe you more."

Delavan -- "Why are you going to owe me more?" Suspect

pinhed -- "Because we need you to drive us out to the test site today. The rest of use are a bit under the weather."
Four hungover party animals and one service-sector worker--not much of a posse, is it? But that's about all we got left, we'll just have to do our best.

Although there's still the bunch that went to the reunion--Otro Nombre, Constance, Eddie, Tigerlilly, Tatiana and Nash. Little do they know what's headed their way. affraid

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top