all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

+5
Constance
Nah Ville Sky Chick
blue moon
this and that
eddie
9 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 Empty Re: Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

Post  Constance Thu May 16, 2013 3:16 am

I typed The Well of Shadows into the amazon search bar and it didn't come up. Is this because it isn't released in the US?
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 Empty Re: Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

Post  eddie Thu May 16, 2013 4:02 am

Constance wrote:I typed The Well of Shadows into the amazon search bar and it didn't come up. Is this because it isn't released in the US?

That would be correct, Constance: UK release only for the time being due to the copyright agreements I've had to make regarding certain images & quotations. But all in good time, I hope...
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu May 16, 2013 5:02 pm

pinhedz wrote:Can we open accounts on amazon.co.uk?

Very good question. Try this link. It's the Amazon UK book description page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Well-Shadows-Underground-ebook/dp/B00CPRIEU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368255755&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Well+of+Shadows%3A+Underground+London%27+Ed+O%27%27Regan

eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:46 am

pinhedz wrote:I see there are now three glowing reviews.

Five, now. Smile

Thanks to all UK-based ATUheads who bought "The Well of Shadows: Underground London" on Amazon Kindle. x
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:03 pm

pinhedz wrote:I have to decide the best time and place to plant my angry indignant review bounce (of course some of you'all will have to be ready to argue with me when I do Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 3686606283 ).

I'm uncertain about your cunning plan, Pinz. Too many things could go wrong. Main problem is that if nobody argues with you (and why should they?) all we're left with is a bad review! pale
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:20 am

pinhedz wrote:But of course, the rating would still be a 5. What a Face

I'm not at all sure it would. If stars are awarded on the basis of averages, wouldn't a negative review lower the rating? pig

Unless you mean YOUR rating would still be a 5...but how would that square with a negative review? What a Face

It's all too subtle for me. Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 4102597059
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  blue moon Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 pm

eddie...are you online? We got in last night. Took 5 days to steam home through the most appalling weather imaginable...but I can pay for my daughter's wedding dress now Very Happy and on friday I'm doing another delivery to Port moresby, and that's going to pay for a new computer...how's everything going?
blue moon
blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Moony! cheers cheers cheers

I'm glad to see you're still alive
You're looking like a saint

Glad to hear the pirate expedition was prosperous.

"The Well of Shadows: Underground London" has been published on Amazon Kindle UK since your last visit here, but, as Pinz wisely anticipated, publishing the bloody thing is only half the story; there follows the small problem of actually marketing it.

So I've been adapting to hitherto unfamiliar technology like Twitter @edoregan to spread the good word.

I think that's me done with Literature for the time being; I've started sending out job applications. But...just in case nothing turns up...I also bought myself some spiral notebooks today in case I feel like starting the new all-fiction opus. Stationery is important in these things....
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  blue moon Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm still a little dazed from the adventure on the high seas eddie. it's going to take me awhile to be lucid. And the delivery trip is looming...didn't realise it was going to happen so soon.

Shocked

I've thought a lot at sea about a joint-venture re the literary thing but it would take more brain cells to outline than I currently have.

Talk soon x
blue moon
blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:40 pm

blue moon wrote:Talk soon x

OK. x
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:11 pm

pinhedz wrote:But I think I might be getting a different idea now--maybe even more subtle and pinheded. Suspect

scratch study
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Ha ha, I don't believe it. "The Well of Shadows" has just garnered a 5-star review on the Amazon Kindle book page from a certain T.H. Lloyd, author of "The English Wool Trade in the Middle Ages". There's glory for you! I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 995831_186857118144933_1152378842_n
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:01 pm

^

Well, at least T.H. was nice about it:

Fantastic, 12 Jun 2013
By
t.h.lloyd - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)

This review is from: The Well of Shadows: Underground London (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully written, captivating memoir. Sometimes dark, sometimes funny, always engaging and erudite. It was a real joy to read, and hopefully the first of many from Ed O'Regan.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:43 pm

^

Seems I can relax. It's not the same TH Lloyd, but a completely different- and unrelated in every way- TH Lloyd. I find this strangely disappointing. The book-reviewing TH Lloyd turns out to be someraven from ER.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:36 pm

pinhedz wrote:I just got my Kindle all set up and my Amazon.co.uk account all updated, and still got the no-go message. Mad

I still left a review (not the one you saw before) though.  It will be interesting to see if a review from colonies makes it to press.

It's as I feared, Pinz: UK availability only for the time being, necessitated by the substantial copyright costs involved in using certain quotations & images worldwide.

Thank you for your review. Rather curiously, the Amazon Kindle UK site won't let you buy the book, but it will allow you to review it! Go figure. The review itself might put the cat amongst the pigeons, typo notwithstanding.

Nine 5-star reviews thus far, but sales remain sluggish. How "word of mouth" is generated is a mystery, like the change of the seasons or the tides of the sea....
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Some time before Xmas, all being well, you ought to be able to order a 'real' printed paperback copy of "The Well of Shadows: Underground London" from a print-on-demand online publishing company. They're working on it now. I'll publish the details here when everything is set up and ready to roll.

Meanwhile, UK residents can still order an Amazon Kindle copy of "The Well of Shadows: Underground London" from http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Well-Shadows-Underground-ebook/dp/B00CPRIEU4

There's no doubt that the internet has changed the face of contemporary publishing, perhaps forever.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:21 pm

user wrote:i was reading the reviews of the tube-book on the website, it sortof reminds me of this hippie-dippie friend i had from high school who decided to join the Marine Corps based on interpretations of Nordic Rune flippings, it didnt work out that great for him
lol! Good to know that I've got a future in holistic massage.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:29 pm

user wrote:did O'Reagan believe in some kind of metaphysical integrity of the i ching in determining occupation, or was it more the idea that a coin flip is as good as anything else
I think it was a combination of desperation, superstition and Tom Stoppard's "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead". And maybe a touch of having nothing & therefore nothing to lose.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:59 pm

pinhedz wrote:a Celtish gene pool
Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 2530140023 
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 am

The paperback edition, now proof-read, is with the printer's for a few corrections. Out soon. Looks good:

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 WellofShadows
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:40 am

Good-o!  Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 1848667513  And a happy birthday to you. Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 4242516590 Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 3386054303 Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 1848667513 
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Cheers, my feline friend.  cat Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 1295889145 Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 968971161 
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 am

Any news on the date for the paperback edition Ed?
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi, Nash.

Usual delays. You get used to them. Occasioned this time by my asking for corrections to the proof copy, so it had to go back to the printer for the necessary amendments. That and the Xmas/New Year shut-down, of course. This means that I missed out on any potential pre-Xmas sales- which is a pity- but it'll be a better book in the long run.

I've passed beyond frustration to a zen-like calm. I'll let you know when it's finally 'out there'.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:11 am

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 6 220px-Keep-calm-and-carry-on-scan

cat Neutral cat Neutral cat Neutral cat Neutral cat Neutral cat 
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next