all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

+5
Constance
Nah Ville Sky Chick
blue moon
this and that
eddie
9 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 7 Empty Re: Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

Post  eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:27 am

The paperback edition of my Tube memoir "The Well of Shadows: Underground London" is now available to order on Amazon UK. Here's the publicity blurb and cover:

As it is with postmen, so it is with the uniformed gate line staff on the London Underground. Invisible to most busy commuters, unless as an object of complaint or vilification, the figure in the glass box is barely credited by passengers with having any interior life at all.

Everything changes with the publication of former Customer Service Assistant Ed O’Regan’s Dante-esque memoir of over 13 years’ service in the living hell of London’s Tube network, where ghouls stalk the tunnels, passengers sometimes die, Management morph into Dad’s Army’s Captain Mainwaring and the poor bloody infantry on the front line have somehow to cope with whatever is thrown at them. Some are born mad, some achieve madness and some have madness thrust upon them.

A former theatre worker and Further Education lecturer, Ed’s unlikely decision to toil beneath the city streets is prompted by an I Ching reading after experiencing a series of mid-life crises, and his account of an inglorious ‘career’ is peppered with references as diverse as Hieronymus Bosch and the Travelling Wilburys, William Hogarth and The Rolling Stones. As the wallpaper inside CSA O’Regan’s skull unfolds, no reader of ‘The Well of Shadows’ will ever see the man in the glass box in quite the same light again.

“…highly enjoyable reading.” (The London Magazine)

“We read it with enthusiasm and were impressed by its originality and engaging style.” (The Susijn Agency)

Order here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Well-Shadows-Underground-London-Thirteen/dp/0957510012/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1394651873&sr=1-1

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 7 51ytAZ5g2HL._

eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 7 Empty Re: Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:34 am

I just ordered my copy  Very Happy 
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:57 am

I love you

Really hope you enjoy it, Nash.

If you do, please post a (preferably 5- Like a Star @ heaven ) review on the Amazon book page. But, really, anything would do.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:04 am

Hope she had a lovely day! lol! 
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:30 pm

An old friend in the US reports, much to my amazement, that he's been able to order a copy on the link above. So might be worth a try for other non-UK residents.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:48 am

Well, well, well... scratch cheers cyclops Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 7 3722360048 
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:06 pm

pinhedz wrote:I'll be in London June 25-26 to get it autographed. Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 7 1295889145 

Must check my annual leave roster.  Smile 
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 7 10008444_742512929121698_1453510646_n
Astounded purchaser.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:18 pm

cheers Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground  - Page 7 4242516590 

Everyone seems to be receiving their orders but the poor bloody author. I'm still waiting for my copies.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:50 pm

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:I just ordered my copy  Very Happy 

Has it arrived?
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7