Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

Post  eddie on Thu May 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Could be a VERY IMPORTANT EVENT this weekend in the world of online publishing...!

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Re: Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu May 02, 2013 7:32 pm

I wondre if the marxist author blew the proverbial wad vis a vis the book publishings. Rule 1: never get high on your own supply. Rule 2: always withhold material for a sequel. If I was getting my memoir on, I would divvy it up into probablee three books ... with all the most salacious & outrageous escapades in Book 1. For Book 2 the hero would be feathered w/ optional tarring, beaten, humiliated, brought to the brink of doom and perhaps oblivion but then survives against most odds handicapping. With Book 3 it would be expect the unexpected, bring the skeletons out of the wardrobe and watch them dance the electric slide ... culminating in a hilarious yet rousing finale that is ending on a wry yet strangely hopeful timbre. And by Book 3, enuff momentum should have been conjured whereby the book will be featuring an introduction "written" by a widely admired celebrity or geologist. O heavenz, I wish I never signed the nondisclosing pledge and thereby I could publish a written account of my time with the Peace Corps in Liberia - during Master Sergeant Doe's Krahn Coup, I begrudgingly ended up running interference for both USA and besieged True Whig Party coordinators... "LOL" doesn't really come close to summarizing the fubars.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Thu May 02, 2013 11:58 pm

QUOTE: "I wish I never signed the nondisclosing pledge..."

My lips were sealed by my contract of employment. I no longer work for them, so that's OK, then.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Mon May 06, 2013 1:45 pm

I think I'll send a message to "London Loop" suggesting that they publish it in serial form. study

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Thu May 09, 2013 4:32 am

When can Tom and I read the finished version?

Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Thu May 09, 2013 9:32 am

Hi, Constance. UK publication any day now. Reformatting complete. Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing account opened. Just waiting for the upload. Worldwide publication will take longer because of the copyright issues described earlier in this thread, but I'll try to post you a typescript of the something-like-final draft.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Thu May 09, 2013 10:48 pm

What wonderful news! Thats so exciting. You deserve a huge success and I wish the book all the best of luck.

Looking forward to reading the finished version.

Keep us posted on all the details!

Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Sat May 11, 2013 4:51 am

Almost there...Text of my LU memoir "The Well of Shadows: Underground London" is up and running on Amazon Kindle UK, but still ironing out a glitch with the illustrations. Ho hum. Par for the course, really. Hope to get this sorted tonight. Price is £8.04.

The Well of Shadows: Underground London [Kindle Edition]
Ed O'Regan

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Sat May 11, 2013 6:08 am

Updating now. Hopefully, the illustrated version should be available tomorrow morning.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Sat May 11, 2013 6:27 am

Congratulations! May 10th is an important day now in the publishing world. can't wait to hear all that happens next.

Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Sat May 11, 2013 9:04 am

Constance wrote:can't wait to hear all that happens next.

Thank you, dear Constance, you're very kind.

What hopefully happens in the immediate future is that I wake tomorrow morning, check my own Kindle device and find that the book looks something like I would wish it to look. I've already checked the text; it's all there and it's fine.

All being well, I then have to start writing & emailing those who have expressed an interest to inform them that it's finally 'out there'. Only one thing's certain: it'll be 60 days before the first royalty payment!

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Sat May 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Saturday morning. Just checked and yes, the complete version of 'The Well of Shadows: Underground London' by Ed O''Regan (Text & Illustrations) is now available for download from Amazon.co.uk. If you don't have a portable Kindle device, you can download a Kindle reader from the site onto your pc or an app onto your smartphone (Android etc). Price of the book is £8.04, if you're interested. Thank you for your patience over the long, gruelling months it's taken to get this project flying at last. xxx

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sun May 12, 2013 12:00 am

I'll get right on it. study
But let me warn you--there will be controversy if I have anything to say about it.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Sun May 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Any advice about Twitter? How does it work? How do I sign up? Being a grouchy middle-aged technophobe, I had to be dragged kicking & screaming into the wonderful world of Facebook, but now that I'm faced with the daunting prospect of publicising a book, it occurs to me that Twitter might be a useful tool. A former student's emailed to say she's had a couple of "tweets"? from anonymous (to me)Tube workers about it- and I must say that's pretty impressive evidence that the bloody thing actually works.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Tue May 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Opened a Twitter account @edoregan, much against my better judgement, and have amassed the pitiful number of 6 "followers"- or "disciples", as I like to call them. Serves me right.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Tue May 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Had a really nice review by txt from a former colleague today who'd bought and read the book. Txtd back: "For God's sake! Write a 5-star review on the Amazon book page! Don't tell me!"

Already picked up one 5-star review there, but the more the merrier.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  capitán poo on Tue May 14, 2013 10:02 pm

disciples Laughing
the end of twitter as we know it

I see now they are 9
maybe you could add a background different than that twitter clouds to make it more eye catching.
If I can help with it I know a bit of photoshop

capitán poo

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Wed May 15, 2013 2:53 am

9! I'll be changing water into wine next!

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance on Thu May 16, 2013 3:16 am

I typed The Well of Shadows into the amazon search bar and it didn't come up. Is this because it isn't released in the US?

Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Thu May 16, 2013 4:02 am

Constance wrote:I typed The Well of Shadows into the amazon search bar and it didn't come up. Is this because it isn't released in the US?

That would be correct, Constance: UK release only for the time being due to the copyright agreements I've had to make regarding certain images & quotations. But all in good time, I hope...

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu May 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Can we open accounts on amazon.co.uk?

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Thu May 16, 2013 5:02 pm

pinhedz wrote:Can we open accounts on amazon.co.uk?

Very good question. Try this link. It's the Amazon UK book description page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Well-Shadows-Underground-ebook/dp/B00CPRIEU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368255755&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Well+of+Shadows%3A+Underground+London%27+Ed+O%27%27Regan

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu May 16, 2013 5:40 pm

THE OWL

Last edited by user on Wed May 29, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue May 28, 2013 3:01 am

I just went to Amazon.UK to create an account, and they said "You already have an account, you pinhed!"

Sure enough, it looks like I ordered every available Jo Anne Kelly CD back in 2008. geek

And with my new operating system, I can Kindleize. flower

So, if you got a credit card, Amazon.UK is ready to welcome you as a new best friend.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue May 28, 2013 3:03 am

I see there are now three glowing reviews.

I have to decide the best time and place to plant my angry indignant review bounce (of course some of you'all will have to be ready to argue with me when I do ).

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top