all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

+9
Dick Fitzwell
Andy
eddie
felix
TinyMontgomery
tatiana
Lee Van Queef
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Old Mack
13 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 Empty Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Just think how many Occupy Wall Street Protestors were over joyed by this sad event !

All those rich peoples vacation ruined and even better some were hurt and even killed !

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 East_the_rich
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 Empty Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  felix Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:08 am

What do you think, Mack? Do you think there were any 'rich' people on that sad ship?
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Let me put it to you this way felix...there weren't any poor people on there unless they snuck on !

In happier times: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 CostaConcordia_20060816_Palma-025
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:27 am

So anyone who isn't 'poor' is 'rich folks'? Mack, I'm not poor. But I sure as hell ain't anywhere approaching 'rich'.

'Rich' folks don't go on cruises in floating hotels with thousands of other 'rich' folks. They go to their own private resort in their own private yacht or jet. Those folks on that sad vessel, you can bet your life, were ordinary folks - pensioners, honeymooners, cruise addicts - who were spending their own hard-earned cash or their lifetime-worked-for pensions. Don'tcha think?
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:02 pm

felix wrote:So anyone who isn't 'poor' is 'rich folks'? Mack, I'm not poor. But I sure as hell ain't anywhere approaching 'rich'.
felix your blowing things out of proportion here ! What I said Just think how many Occupy Wall Street Protestors were over joyed by this sad event ! All those rich peoples vacation ruined and even better some were hurt and even killed !

I stand by it...that in my opinion some of those nuts are actually happy this happened. (maybe you haven't been keeping up with that)

Now, I’ll be glad to disagree and argue with you…but you gotta give me a clue what we're arguing about !
felix' wrote:'Rich' folks don't go on cruises in floating hotels with thousands of other 'rich' folks. They go to their own private resort in their own private yacht or jet.
I think your confusing the rich with the super rich. The poor go over their sister / brother / cousins house for a vayK !

BTW: You wouldn’t happen to know any recipes for spicy shrimp rolls would you. I’m going to make some and have to find one.
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:41 am

Dunno if we're arguing Mack. I'm asking if you think the people on that ship were 'rich folks' like "those nuts in Occupy who are actually happy this happened" do?

And I'm saying, I don't think they were. Have a look at the brochures* for those Costa Mediterranean tours, like the Costa Concordia was on. Prices start at around 350 euros (about $400?) You've gotta be rich to afford that?

* like this one - http://www.nakhal.com/cruises-list.aspx?pageid=596

Spicy shrimp roll? Haven't tried it myself, but here's a recipe someone gave me:

Spicy Shrimp Roll

Ingredients:
nori, one sheet
cooked sushi rice, handful
3-4 tempura shrimp, tails removed
avocado, 2-3 thin slices
cucumber, 2-3 thin sticks
imitation crab meat
spicy mayo (1/4 cup mayo, 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce, 1 drop sesame oil)

Directions:
1) Lay nori sheet on bamboo rolling mat with the rough side facing up.
2) Get your hands wet, and grab a handful of rice. Place the rice in the middle of the nori sheet, and spread it into an even layer on the nori, covering all but the top inch of the sheet.
3) Place your shrimp on the bottom edge of the nori sheet and arrange avocado and cucumber snugly against top edge of shrimp. Mix crab meat with spicy mayo and spread on top of shrimp.
4) Roll sushi tightly with the bamboo mat and cut with a sharp knife into 6-8 pieces.
5) Optional step: Lay the pieces on a plate facing up and drizzle with a small amount of spicy mayo.
6) Serve with wasabi and soy sauce for dipping.

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 Spicy-tempura-roll

What d'ya think?

EDIT: I know you're a motorcycle man. And I see a new Harley can set you back a cool $15,000. Do you have to be 'rich folks' to own a new Harley? You could get a hell of a lot of Costa cruises for 15,000 bucks... cat Very Happy
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 am

felix wrote:Have a look at the brochures* for those Costa Mediterranean tours, like the Costa Concordia was on. Prices start at around 350 euros (about $400?) You've gotta be rich to afford that?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!” John Lennon
felix wrote:Haven't tried it myself, but here's a recipe someone gave me:

What d'ya think?
I will summit it to the Lab Rat (my squeez) for approval.
felix wrote:EDIT: I know you're a motorcycle man. And I see a new Harley can set you back a cool $15,000. Do you have to be 'rich folks' to own a new Harley? You could get a hell of a lot of Costa cruises for 15,000 bucks... cat Very Happy
Do you have to be rich to own a new Harley paying $15,000 cash ? The answer to that is NO...you just have to have saved your $$$ over the years and not have alot of bills.

I own a Harley and I'm poor. How did I afford it...I bought it when it was 25 years old from a guy who needed $$$ and I financed it over a long time.
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:59 pm

There ya go, Mack. I didn't think we were arguing! The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 4242516590

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 Out_on11
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm guessing (even tho it is a V-twin) that is a English bike maybe late 40's early 50's.

I'll tell you what...if Old Mack ever hits the powerball he's going to build a big garage and buy a bunch of old motorcycles to fill it with.

Than again it looks like the guy is wearing cowboy boots. I wonder...do Englanders wear cowboy boots ?

Anyhow...in the old days when you got your car worked on the garage would bring it to you and the guy would ride back on the Servi Car.

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 Towinga1934Servicar

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 1936GD The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 1934ServiCarPolice
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:13 pm

...sorry to intrude...this isn't a Harley.
It's my dad.

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 196358_205492946145140_100000533096803_702286_6537555_n

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:43 am

Old Mack wrote:I'm guessing (even tho it is a V-twin) that is a English bike maybe late 40's early 50's.

I'll tell you what...if Old Mack ever hits the powerball he's going to build a big garage and buy a bunch of old motorcycles to fill it with.

Than again it looks like the guy is wearing cowboy boots. I wonder...do Englanders wear cowboy boots ?
It's a 1937 BSA G14 1000cc. There were other British v-twins: Brough Superior and Vincent come to mind, there were others ... Here's T.E. Lawrence (of Arabia) on one of his Brough Sups:
The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 Lawrence_of_Arabia_Brough_Superior_gif

And here's a 1939 Vincent-H.R.D. Rapide:
The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 1939-Vincent-HRD

Dad bought the combination in the pic for £80, I think, in 1955/56. That's me in the pic, in 1959, and, no, they ain't cowboy boots. Brits, especially country & western fans, sometimes do wear cowboy boots, though... cat

Last edited by felix on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:51 am

Moony, what a great picture! Just for your dad and his Royal Enfield, here's a song about a guy with black denim trousers and motorcycle boots who had a hopped-up cycle [pron. sickle] that took off like a gun ... well, listen to it:

cheers
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:02 pm

^ Nope. Leiber & Stoller wrote the original. In American. Laughing The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 1295889145
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:00 pm

blue moon wrote:...sorry to intrude...this isn't a Harley.
It's my dad.

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 196358_205492946145140_100000533096803_702286_6537555_n
blue moon thanks for posting that picture...it is great ! There's no intruding in Codename: Mackadamia unless your bombing it with negativity. Or asking the MOD to shut it down just because it's all things Mack like some other ultraliberal posters at some other website did. If you have anymore old motorcycle pictures PLEASE put them up. BTW: I'd guess (based on the front end) that is a English (one lung) early 60's.
felix wrote:...a guy with black denim trousers and motorcycle boots....
Are you sure that song wasn't a out take from a Frank Zappa album ?
pinhedz wrote:No American would ever say "trousers."
I say it all the time...when I'm trying to be funny.

When Lab Rat (my squeeze) asks me what I want for dinner, I always say...trouser steak smothered in underware.
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:34 pm

BTW: I'd guess (based on the front end) that is a English (one lung) early 60's.
Maybe a Royal Enfield ? ...picture taken around 1948 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:46 pm

blue moon wrote:Maybe a Royal Enfield ? ...picture taken around 1948
I guess I need to bone up on my English bikes. Now that you mentioned it...it does look like Royal Enfield on the tank.

Here's a story from Old Macks older days. I had a 650 Trump-it that needed work. I went to see Ed La Belle, thee guy in the extended Philadelphia area to work on English bikes. So I walk in and say to him...'I some work done on my bike and was wondering if you could do it for me.' He looked at me and said...'I don't work on Choppers.' I said 'excuse me' and he repeated it again. I said ...hmmm ! I than said to him....'I do not have a Chopper. I just inherited a Vincent and was told you were the man to see.' before he could say anything, I turnt my back to him and started walking out. He followed me saying...sir, sir wait a minute. When I got to the door...I stoped, made a WTF face at him and walked out.

Old Mack, major bull shitter struck again !

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 Chain

From Ed's obit: A professional motorcycle racer, he held a world record in England on the Isle of Man. He was also a three-time winner of a Canadian national championship. After racing, Mr. LaBelle worked in the motorcycle industry for many years.

From a blog: It was consigned to the Chadds Ford Classic Motorcycle Auction by Ed LaBelle, former Canadian National Champion Roadracer and longtime motorcycle drag racer who had a shop on Felton Street in North Philadelphia for about half a century.

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 DSCN2149 The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 Lyster+kennedy

Also above......is a picture of an Englishman on his nicely finished "Kennedy - Lyster" kitted out with lights for the roads.

The blog goes on to say: Ed built the bike with Colin Lyster, the Rhodesian native who found fame in Europe first as a racer, but then as an early adapter of disc brakes for motorcycles of his own design. Grand Prix mechanic Nobby Clark told me he knew Colin from when they both worked together in the off season (from racing) in the Copper mines of South Africa.

Below is a shot of Ed about to give the Vincent a run. He also did battle on the back streets of Philadelphia in the 1950's against Harley-Davidsons, BSA and Triumphs to see who had bragging rights. Oee of my friends, Harley tuner Charles Kawchak said that seeing this as a young boy changed his life. He was fishing with friends when he heard the roar of motorcycles revving their engines. They scampered to the top of the hill just in time to see Ed get beaten by a Harley-Davidson ridden by Tommy Hannum.

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 Ed+labelle

Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Moony's dad's bike was a Royal Enfield as I said. My dad's bike before the Beesa big-twin was an Enfield. No sidecar, though, so family couldn't ride with him. I don't think Zappa ever did 'Black Denim Trousers' - but Sha-Na-Na did ... sort of:

felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Talk about iron balls ! This story made the local news in Philly but for some reason, which I'm not sure of it didn't seem to make it nationally. There musta have been some kind of scandal going on or something.

Escaped killer, now doo-wop singer?

A man who authorities say escaped from a New Jersey prison in 1974 after serving four years....was in custody yesterday in Florida, where he made a living belting out doo-wop songs. Danny C. Catalano, who claimed to be the former lead vocalist for Sha Na Na, was being held yesterday in Pinellas County Jail in St. Petersburg, Fla., after authorities revealed what they say is his true identity. Edward Elmer Solly, wanted since his escape from Bayside State Prison in Leesburg, where he was serving a 20- to 25-year sentence....

The arrest of Solly, 55, on Thursday night while he was fishing off a pier near his St. Petersburg home may have ended one mystery. But it opened a host of new questions about the bizarre life of a Florida entertainer who went by the stage name "Danny C." and said he was a Sha Na Na member who appeared to have died in 1974, but who, Catalano insists, faked his own death to "protect certain economic and personal relationships that were important to him."

Peter Erlendson, of Sha Na Na Productions in Encino, Calif., said yesterday that Catalano is a fraud who has never been a Sha Na Na member and whom he has considered suing. Erlendson, who has been with the group for 20 years, said he first heard of Catalano several years ago when a club owner complained about booking him for an oldies act and then learning that he was never in Sha Na Na.

After viewing Catalano's Web site and learning that he also claimed to be Vinnie Taylor, the group's original lead guitarist, Erlendson said he e-mailed him and warned him to stop the imposture. He got back an e-mail from Catalano insisting that he was Taylor and that he had faked his death in 1974. "I can promise you Vinnie is dead," Erlendson said. "He was a friend." The arrest was announced yesterday by the U.S. Marshal's Office in Philadelphia and the New Jersey State Police.

Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:42 am

Hi there, speaking of death prediction, I find it really odd that one of the on-line death prediction services showed me the same death date that I was foretold in my dream about a year ago. http://yourdeathdate.info/1/index.html - I can’t explain this coincidence in any other way except that there must be some kind of magic involved here.

Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:13 pm

I think I should have made this into a thread !
Old Mack wrote:After reading this in the Philly newspaper...I think I'm going to try and get me a J O B as a reporter:
NEXT UPDATE: From a Philadelphia news site: Man dies after being hit by car in NJ

Here's is the picture that accompanied the 40 word article, what were those people thinking :

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 8531775_448x252

From another local news source:

Also recovered from Henson was $208 cash — five $10 bills, 24 $5 bills and 36 $1 bills, the affidavit states.

Thats a pretty boring writing there...hardly news worthy but even worse, I'm not to good at arithmetic but pretty good at counting money: 5 $10 bills plus 24 $5 bills plus 36 $1 bills adds up to $206 !

END OF UPDATE

Old Mack wrote:Police said other witnesses have ruled out Smith and identified another unidentified suspect.
Here's another one: BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Two mortars hit an Iranian dissident camp in Iraq just days after Baghdad extended a year-end deadline for the camp to be closed as the U.N. negotiated resettlement of 3,000 residents there, the Iraqi military said Sunday. The mortars landed on Camp Ashraf, home to the People's Mujahideen Organization of Iran.

The first use of mortars could squeak by as acceptable, but the second time the word is used is totally incorrect.

I don't know who is proof reading this stuff !

Here's another winner: this one is from a story where a guy in Philly delivering pizza, disarmed a robber and killed him with his own gun !

Police found two boxes of pizza, a bag of food and blood at the scene.

Some of these 'reporters' are unbelievable ! This is from a story about a Police Officer who was just killed in the line of duty !

A woman who answered the door at the Carouse home at the end of a three-unit townhouse building Thursday night said it wasn't a good time to talk, and they were trying to get the children to bed. A group of people were sitting around a table inside.

This reminds me of the time a guy was locked up for molesting children. A 'Action News Reporter' knocked on his (like) 90 year old mothers door and asked her if she would like to comment on his arrest ! These people have no shame !

Update: The Policeman's killers name was finally given...from that article:

Nobody answered the door at Ashley's parents' home in Pennsylvania County in the northern part of the state. The house was dark and no vehicles were in the driveway. The two-story, log cabin-style home in a semi-rural area sits about 200 yards off the road up a narrow gravel drive.
Thats some great reporting there. (Just what you need after your son killed a police officer...some goof ball reporter knocking on your door.)
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Sports fans, Old Mack didn't get to watch the Superbowl the other day and as a matter of fact it's the first one I ever missed. Even when I was on the DMZ in Korea, we had the day off and got to watch it in the NCO club. As I remember we were not allowed to drink any alcohol tho. Anyhow, by all accounts I understand it was a great game, where as some Superbowls have been lack luster and let's face it the Gaints didn't have a very record...so I'm glad they won. (since they aren't the Yankees)

The last play of the game:

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 The%20Last%20Snap%20of%20Super%20Bowl%20XLII
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:19 pm

user wrote:But who brings a half-empty jar of Hellman Mayon-aise to a midwestern political rally?? scratch
user thats for your thoughts...they were profound !

I'll try and answer your question as best I can. I would guess someone who was called at the last moment and didn't have time to stop because he / she didn't want to be late, would be the person who would bring a half-empty jar of Hellman Mayon-aise to a midwestern political rally and rather than show up empty handed he / she took it from their own icebox.

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 Obama-high-speed-rail-system-promise-to-take-money-from-people-sad-hill-news-250x181
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:18 pm

I think I should have made this into a thread !
Old Mack wrote:After reading this in the Philly newspaper...I think I'm going to try and get me a J O B as a reporter:
NEW UPDATE: I just read this in the paper, can you make sense of this sentence ?

Edith Blackwell, who was elected to the city controller's position last November in a Democratic sweep that saw Democrat John Linder take the mayor's office, as a victim in the shooting.

Edith Blackwell was the person who was shot.

END OF UPDATE

Old Mack wrote:From a Philadelphia news site: Man dies after being hit by car in NJ

Here's is the picture that accompanied the 40 word article, what were those people thinking :

The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! - Page 7 8531775_448x252

From another local news source:

Also recovered from Henson was $208 cash — five $10 bills, 24 $5 bills and 36 $1 bills, the affidavit states.

Thats a pretty boring writing there...hardly news worthy but even worse, I'm not to good at arithmetic but pretty good at counting money: 5 $10 bills plus 24 $5 bills plus 36 $1 bills adds up to $206 !

Police said other witnesses have ruled out Smith and identified another unidentified suspect.
Here's another one: BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Two mortars hit an Iranian dissident camp in Iraq just days after Baghdad extended a year-end deadline for the camp to be closed as the U.N. negotiated resettlement of 3,000 residents there, the Iraqi military said Sunday. The mortars landed on Camp Ashraf, home to the People's Mujahideen Organization of Iran.

The first use of mortars could squeak by as acceptable, but the second time the word is used is totally incorrect.

I don't know who is proof reading this stuff !

Here's another winner: this one is from a story where a guy in Philly delivering pizza, disarmed a robber and killed him with his own gun !

Police found two boxes of pizza, a bag of food and blood at the scene.

Some of these 'reporters' are unbelievable ! This is from a story about a Police Officer who was just killed in the line of duty !

A woman who answered the door at the Carouse home at the end of a three-unit townhouse building Thursday night said it wasn't a good time to talk, and they were trying to get the children to bed. A group of people were sitting around a table inside.

This reminds me of the time a guy was locked up for molesting children. A 'Action News Reporter' knocked on his (like) 90 year old mothers door and asked her if she would like to comment on his arrest ! These people have no shame !

Update: The Policeman's killers name was finally given...from that article:

Nobody answered the door at Ashley's parents' home in Pennsylvania County in the northern part of the state. The house was dark and no vehicles were in the driveway. The two-story, log cabin-style home in a semi-rural area sits about 200 yards off the road up a narrow gravel drive.
Thats some great reporting there. (Just what you need after your son killed a police officer...some goof ball reporter knocking on your door.)
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:14 am

Old Mack wrote:NEW UPDATE: I just read this in the paper, can you make sense of this sentence ?

Edith Blackwell, who was elected to the city controller's position last November in a Democratic sweep that saw Democrat John Linder take the mayor's office, as a victim in the shooting.

Edith Blackwell was the person who was shot.

END OF UPDATE
Mack, yep - it's obvious there was a typo. Insert a 'w' in the appropriate spot and all is clear. Ain't nothing but a typo. cat

(Or have I missed some subtle ultraliberal hidden message somewhere? Suspect confused alien )
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:30 pm

felix thank you for not shunning me !

Here is the sentence again with the typo fixed:

Edith Blackwell, who was elected to the city controller's position last November in a Democratic sweep that saw Democrat John Linder take the mayor's office, was a victim in the shooting.

It is a poorly constructed sentence and you know how bad my grammar is !

What does Democrat John Linder taking the mayors office three months ago have to do with the news story being told ?

How does this sentence sound:

Edith Blackwell, one of the victims of the shooting was elected to the city controller's position in last Novembers Democratic sweep.

So the subtle ultraliberal hidden message was we got a Democrat mayor in office !

BTW: How do like this headline from the same newspaper:

Tattoos are a new way to show off one’s love.

WTF is that guy smoking ?

Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next