all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you wanted to say......

+23
Mac Doobie
AmandafromCali
this and that
blue moon
nombre de otro
senorita
fiberNz
Andy
Lee Van Queef
eddie
precinct14
Dick Fitzwell
Old Mack
ISN
sil
felix
Constance
LaRue
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Blondie
tigerlily
tatiana
27 posters

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 14 Empty Re: Things you wanted to say......

Post  Andy Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:44 am

2012 so far:

01/2012: Jazz class series: 4 weeks jazz history with Miles Davis' carreer as a starting point + un concerto
02-03/2012: Beginners course wine tasting - 5 weeks
01/2012 - 06/2012: Finishing 3rd bachelor philosophy
01/2012 - 06/2012: Beginners course in debt mediation - 11 days over 6 months, for work

Looks pretty interesting! Things you wanted to say...... - Page 14 781693036

Andy
Non scolae sed vitae discimus

Back to top Go down

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 14 Empty Re: Things you wanted to say......

Post  Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:52 am

Yes, it looks like an interesting year 2012 for you. Hope you enjoy those activities a lot, Andy.

Makes me think I should do something... I'm waiting for someone to call me for at least a job interview (I thought in Christmas they would need someone but I'm still waiting). Maybe I should do a beginners beer tasting course alien. I wanted to do a cooking course (to work later in something related) but those people haven't called me either. So I've been playing bass all the afternoon Things you wanted to say...... - Page 14 3386054303

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:17 am

I would encourage you to do almost anything and everything, as long as it's at least remotely within your field of interest.
I don't like to be sitting at home too much anymore. Being out, meating people, getting in touch with new ideas, personalities.
I just love all that and feel that it is an incredibly positive force in my life.

Maybe I could plan a trip to Rioja-region - where Calatrava has built an absolutely gorgeous winehouse and some of my absolute favorite wines were born - where we could get into some wine stuff together! You drink it red, I hope?

Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:27 am

haha yes, I drink it red... I've never been to La Rioja. A friend visited it recently (visiting winehouses) and hated it, but that was her...

I know, the worst thing is to be at home doing almost nothing... your abilities deteriorate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:27 am

Vera Cruz wrote:
Paladin wrote:THEY KILLED IT
But more important

did Axl move properly?

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 14 44753_o

he sure did

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:39 am

...my computer was invaded by something malicious called 'root kit' (or something like that).
I think me and the malware have defeated it...but you never know Things you wanted to say...... - Page 14 90771731

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:37 am

The Sony BMG CD copy protection rootkit scandal concerns the copy protection measures included by Sony BMG on Compact Discs in 2005. Sony BMG included the Extended Copy Protection (XCP) and MediaMax CD-3 software on music CDs. XCP was put on 52 titles[1] and MediaMax was put on 50 titles.[2] This software was automatically installed on Windows desktop computers when customers tried to play the CDs. The software interferes with the normal way in which the Microsoft Windows operating system plays CDs by installing a rootkit which creates vulnerabilities for other malware to exploit. This was discovered and publicly revealed by Mark Russinovich on the Sysinternals blog. Other operating systems were not affected.

As a result, a number of parties have filed lawsuits against Sony BMG; the company ended up recalling all the affected CDs; and greater public attention was drawn to the issue of commercially-backed spyware and rootkits. Additionally, further investigation revealed that Sony had created its copyright protection software, in part, using LAME code, violating the GNU Lesser General Public License,[3] and VLC code written by Jon Lech Johansen and Sam Hocevar, violating the GNU General Public License.

The rest of the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:43 am

Occasionally I wonder how things are going with Ariël Sharon.

Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:26 am

Occasionally, I wonder if Chuck Manson has hopes and dreams.
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 pm

I'm gonna try to learn a bit of Arab.

First I think I should learn the alphabet...

Here's the first letter, "alif", for you all

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 14 Alifu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 am

wiki

Written as ا, spelled as ألف and transcribed as ʾalif is the first letter in Arabic and Perso-Arabic alphabet.

Together with Hebrew Aleph, Greek Alpha and Latin A, it is descended from Phoenician ʾāleph, from a reconstructed Proto-Canaanite ʾalp "ox".

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:15 am

wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 14 Alfabetoa

I'm sure Moony will help us to pronounce it properly (IPA...)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:45 am

This looks like a good place to learn the alphabet http://www.arabic-alphabet.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:13 am

Majnoon radjul !

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 14 Bob+Denver+maynard1
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:27 am

I have a toothache... it's not a very intense pain but I feel it every five seconds and everytime I feel it it makes me worried and it makes me feel guilty God knows about what...

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:27 am

Awch ... I had that done about a year or 4 ago.
Phase 1 ended with me getting something called a 'necrose' while my regular dentist was on a holiday.
Seriously: a few hours of that type of pain are more than enough to start considering suicide - and I think I'm really not the type who's easily upset over pain.

You take good care of the Mrs, Mr. Pinz! I love you

Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:38 am

endodontist? not just a dentist? why? affraid

How is she?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:39 pm

My tooth seems to not ache today (I don't think it's serious... I'll go to the dentist anyway)
but I already had my ration of pain today with laser hair removal... it smells like when you burn chickens hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:31 am

^ that sounds like literature of polar exploration.
Good luck as you venture in the frozen land with no computers affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:35 am

It's not been the same since buchygod quit the scene.
precinct14
precinct14
Coming up empty from the piggy bank?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:08 am

Yesterday I went to bed at midnight and today I woke up at midday... that's half a day sleeping and when I sleep so much I just feel sleepy
Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:37 am

Vera Cruz wrote:Yesterday I went to bed at midnight and today I woke up at midday... that's half a day sleeping and when I sleep so much I just feel sleepy
Sleep

I don't know what the weather's like where you are, Vera, but it's a comparatively mild winter so far here in London. That hasn't stopped me contracting the sleeping sickness bug, too. I've been dragging myself into work on automatic pilot and sleepwalking my way through my (thankfully not very onerous) duties.

Must be a dormant hiberation chromosone kicking in.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:21 pm

Here it is very cold at night and during the day light time it's also cold but there's a shining sun with no clouds

My friend who lives in Edinburgh says people there believe in Spain it is always hot but she says it is even colder here at night (at least in our region). She does miss the sun.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:14 am

I can't live without my moonie dose much longer... no, I can't

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:56 am

Luckily I've found some wine to replace my addiction drunken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next