all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you wanted to say......

+23
Mac Doobie
AmandafromCali
this and that
blue moon
nombre de otro
senorita
fiberNz
Andy
Lee Van Queef
eddie
precinct14
Dick Fitzwell
Old Mack
ISN
sil
felix
Constance
LaRue
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Blondie
tigerlily
tatiana
27 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 22 Empty Re: Things you wanted to say......

Post  Constance Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:37 am

I think that what the Doc says is convincing and right. You say that your son is gifted in computers and interested in IT. I wish I knew of a direction in which to channel his talent into a career. We have 2-year community colleges here that offer many such skilled-based career paths.

Does he have to repeat his last year?

I've always said to my friends and sister that my girls excel without any input from me. I provide the food and shelter and it is as if they run on their own battery. The only place I push is that they go to Chinese school on Saturday mornings. They would rather not go but they are very compliant.

I feel bad for you and your son, Tats. I know you are doing your best to encourage him.

Haven't heard back from Cindy from my email or call. I'll call her maybe today or tomorrow;. I don't tell her about Madeleine and Elisabeth.
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 22 Empty Re: Things you wanted to say......

Post  tatiana Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:35 am

the school has a very good circularium (typo) and they do everything to help the kids discover what they might be interested in.
there is lots of opportunities for apprenticeships, and other things
yes, they have kids who fall through the cracks .. the teachers have been trying to engage him for years, he is one of those kids who always blames others for his faults .... eg it was the teachers fault, she wasn't very nice to me
he has blamed others for years
he is like my grandmother. and he is a snob
and he has a loud voice when he is playing the games because he has a headset on, and doesn't hear himself

my son is lazy when it comes to doing anything other than the computers
yes he might be good at it, but motivating him to make a living out of it, rather sitting around playing games

he is stubborn and very oppositional.
he has been allowed to do a reasonable amount of computer things because it was the only place i could let him be when the boys were younger
josh used to torment ryan, and tease him and hound him, so we bought computers for them, one each ....josh played it awhile but went back to being on the go all the time ... asperger and ADhd
ryan never moved away from it again
it worked for me also, because i was always running aroung making sure that josh was safe, and doing what he was supposed to do, that it was easier to leave ryan playing the games'
he went to school, he was not doing too well, but i was too busy to make a difference
i tried very hard, i used to tell him all the time that i wanted him to do better, i got tired of that though when he kept telling me that my expectations were too high, and that i should just let him work at his own level >>> BAH to that stupid idea also

i hope that when he finishes school in November, he will transfer himself into employment, without any down time, but i seriously doubt it.
i have been told that he will ditch the computer and the games when he gets a girlfriend, but that might be tricky because all of his online friends are his (male) classmates.

i had this bullshit from my eldest son also, they don't like the idea of me being a dope smoker, and an ex drinker.

plus i think my eldest son might not have been too happy that i was a single parent, back then (the 80's) it was still rather shameful for the kids to only have a single parent

the opportunity to repeat this year is available , he is still eligilbe for another 12 months of school based education, he won't do that because i asked him, he said . no, and really what is the point, if he can't be interested now, why take the place of a kid that is interested
plus he can go to TAFE and other learning facilities
or he can get a job

constance. thanks for the update
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:50 am

emu, good thoughts there

the schools do try to motivate the kids, it is just that the kids are so determined that they don't need the education.
and with so much potential overcrowding , often it is easier to concentrate on the interested kids

we also have a very good special education system, he was tested and found to be too intelligent for any special ed services
he has been given books, he used to read all the time, that was his first mental escape

tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 am

i am tired, that is all
and i am getting to the end of many years of looking after my sons
my eldest was born in 1979, the next in 1990, then the last in 1995

i just want them to grow up, get a good job, be happy, and move away Embarassed
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:47 pm

tatiana wrote:i am tired, that is all
and i am getting to the end of many years of looking after my sons
my eldest was born in 1979, the next in 1990, then the last in 1995

i just want them to grow up, get a good job, be happy, and move away Embarassed
Even when they move away , they still return.

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:08 am

I've discovered the "Who Is Online" function. There are folks from Russia, Korea, Turkey, US, Poland, UK, Ukraine, and Germany currently viewing this site. Who are you people? Why won't you make yourselves known? Is it the food?
senorita
senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:02 am

Altered ego of Pinhedz wrote:I've discovered the "Who Is Online" function. There are folks from...Ukraine... currently viewing this site...
now we're talking
only after the eurocup and Nataliya I've seen how beautiful ukrainians are
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm about to take the city.

And it's done. I've torn down PinnyPicklehedz' shitty wall! That will show him for all the years he kept me hidden away and burned me over and over with a hot bacon press.
senorita
senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:45 pm

I see young Woo that you are currently the most recent poster in every section but this one.
What is your agenda ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:17 pm

woo wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:I see young Woo that you are currently the most recent poster in every section but this one.
What is your agenda ?

No agenda. Don't have much to say other than I fell helpless...and I want that to end.
ok just give it time things will improve.

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:12 am

felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 pm

hello
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:10 am

tatiana wrote:hello
good to see you back again.

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:27 am

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 22 2323005652 Things you wanted to say...... - Page 22 1295889145
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:08 pm

What do I wanta say...I'm thinking, I'm thinking !

BTW: I'm getting ready to post this at another website so I have it loaded in my pen:

'I just read the Daily News and swear by every word.'
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Doc Watson wrote:

thankyou
when was i away, and did i enjoy myself?
when i am expected to be back?
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:44 pm

tatiana wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:

thankyou
when was i away, and did i enjoy myself?
when i am expected to be back?
Ok whatever

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:58 am

I Am bek to destroy the Woo's wall of terror.
senorita
senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:11 pm

I doubt anything will really happen!

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 22 2530140023

good evening everyone ....
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 pm

tatiana wrote: Things you wanted to say...... - Page 22 2530140023

good evening everyone ....
from me too , even though to some of you it may be good morning !

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:44 am

Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin' ... into the future

felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:02 am

Ahbut ...

Irma, Irma, oh, Irma ... cat
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:17 pm

woo wrote:I just ate rancid Creme! Frickin' 99 proof!
What you eat you are !

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:11 am

felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next