all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you wanted to say......

+23
Mac Doobie
AmandafromCali
this and that
blue moon
nombre de otro
senorita
fiberNz
Andy
Lee Van Queef
eddie
precinct14
Dick Fitzwell
Old Mack
ISN
sil
felix
Constance
LaRue
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Blondie
tigerlily
tatiana
27 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Things you wanted to say......

Post  tatiana Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:46 am

37 years since i left school
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Things you wanted to say......

Post  sil Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:02 am

silent

Last edited by silviando on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:31 am

Constance wrote:What do you teach, and what ages? I teach college freshman, the two basic English classes that the kids need to graduate, and thank God I've never had to deal with a parent. I expect the kids to be forgetful and sometimes really confused about what they're doing. I really think their brains aren't well organized enough to be totally efficient and organized. It's a big relief to them that I'm lenient, and everything almost always seems to work out by the end of the semester. At 18-years-old, they're still kids.
I taught in primary schools ages 5 to 12. I taught from 1971 until 1995. I had reached my use by date by then. A lot of the fun went out of teaching . I enjoyed most of my time especially in the small country schools where you had to do it all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:09 am

Doc Watson wrote:
Constance wrote:What do you teach, and what ages? I teach college freshman, the two basic English classes that the kids need to graduate, and thank God I've never had to deal with a parent. I expect the kids to be forgetful and sometimes really confused about what they're doing. I really think their brains aren't well organized enough to be totally efficient and organized. It's a big relief to them that I'm lenient, and everything almost always seems to work out by the end of the semester. At 18-years-old, they're still kids.
I taught in primary schools ages 5 to 12. I taught from 1971 until 1995. I had reached my use by date by then. A lot of the fun went out of teaching . I enjoyed most of my time especially in the small country schools where you had to do it all.

That's fun. Where I live the schools are good. I'm lucky. All three of my girls have had nothing but good teachers. My second grader loves school and adores her teacher. I just put her on the school bus!
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Tue May 03, 2011 2:24 am

there was a beautiful purple petal resting on the outside of the car window tonight on my ride home

I said that it was lovely......

the guy driving me home said his car is under the tree with the beautiful petals all the time and it's annoying

when did romance become so pedestrian to borrow a phrase from SJ

when did we renounce beauty for money or objects or cars or houses......when did we renounce love for an empty hand?

when did we choose quiet deceit and nastiness, phoniness and, yes, the pathetic cliched herd mentality?

when did the truth become a second-hand disease? Rhone would know what I mean.......I love you

we did that - but when did we do that...?

I'm trying to figure out when that happened.....?

I think it happened around the same time as we tried to forget love....when love just became too inconvenient......

and honesty too embarrassing.........

it was about the same time we decided to be slaves to money and objects.......and ideas of what should be rather than what we can be with all our hearts........and who we could be........all of us....some of us.....

no more beauty.......no more love.....no more purple violets......

I don't care if romance and truth are outdated.......I'm going to swim through the water and find something.....

my son is coming with me and we're not looking back........and if God guides us - then that would be good.......

I'd never trust a chimera and God is love

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 2 IllinoisPurpleVioletFlickrMuffet

ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Thu May 05, 2011 12:27 pm

I had a crazy dream last night...I can't remember it BUT I can remember it was crazy !

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 2 Spellbound-Dali_400
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 06, 2011 12:35 am

Old Mack wrote:I had a crazy dream last night...I can't remember it BUT I can remember it was crazy !

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 2 Spellbound-Dali_400
I have one every night Things you wanted to say...... - Page 2 95383541

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Sun May 08, 2011 10:43 pm

What I have every night lately are nightmares. I don't know why.

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 2 410pxgoyacaprichos28432
"The sleep of reason produces monsters"
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Sun May 08, 2011 10:48 pm

last*night*I*heard*Torin*laughing*in*his*sleep.........I love you

I*used*to*have*awful*nightmares..........

now*only*periodically

don't*let*them*bother*you........(it*sounds*trite)

they*will*stop*eventually........(at*least*in*my*experience)
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Mon May 09, 2011 2:46 am

I've never had a nightmare. But last night I dreamed that Geddy Lee burned down the middle school in my town and I had to catch him myself cause no one would believe that it was him.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am

Captain Hi-Top wrote:I've never had a nightmare. But last night I dreamed that Geddy Lee burned down the middle school in my town and I had to catch him myself cause no one would believe that it was him.
Did you catch him ?

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Mon May 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Last night I didn't have a nightmare.
I dreamt of Cristiano Ronaldo and Humphrey Bogart... strange combination scratch
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Mon May 09, 2011 9:52 pm

silent

Last edited by silviando on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Mon May 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Andy, I have a repeating dream of being paralyzed, too.

The nightmare I have from time to time is of my teeth crumbling and falling out. It's really a distressing dream.
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 12:41 am

I often dream of being back in school as a student and I left school 44 years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Tue May 10, 2011 1:11 am

ANDY wrote:
guacamayo wrote:Last night I didn't have a nightmare.
I dreamt of Cristiano Ronaldo and Humphrey Bogart... strange combination scratch

I had another nightmare in which I was paralysed - a very stange experience.
I dreamed I was laying in bed, which obviously was the case. I wondered what time it was and start looking for my mobile phone but couldn't get it.
Than I started hearing noises: there were people in my appartement, very clearly. But I was unable to move a muscle or even scream.

The good thing about this type of dreams is that I have had them more than once.
So even while I'm dreaming, I'm having a sort of awareness of the fact that I'm just dreaming.
Only this time the dream was so realistic that I couldn't really tell it apart from reality - it simply continued in the setting I was already in. A few small details could have provided a hint: when I couldn't grab my phone I thought about asking my BF if he could check his clock - but he doesn't have a clock in real life.

Being entirely paralysed, utterly unable to move a muscle or make a sound remains a rather awkward and somewhat distressing experience. Though I am getting more used to it as time goes by.

that's a brilliant description.......in every way......it's almost like I was in the room with you (and I am....hehehe....evil laugh)

my dreams are fairly pedestrian these days (shopping........kissing......interesting things)

what really worries me is that I don't really dream of young Torin very much.......I worry about that a bit.....

I would swap any dream or nightmare with the experience of being awake endlessly and not getting a wink.......hearing whispered voices outside the window......anxiety plus......and incredible fear.......the need for at least 9-12 hours sleep.....leaves me freaked out and terrified.....when I have insomnia

if I don't get enough sleep I end up ill.....which is what happened in Byron Bay and which is leading itself falteringly to my latest nervous breakdown.......I suppose I should nip it in teh bud and go to bed Razz

Michael was aware of this problem......and about an hour before Torin was born.....20 hours after I went into labour.......he told the doctor that I needed my sleep (if only he'd been as understanding when we had a newborn) and they gave me a sleeping tablet and sent me to bed....heeehhhee (funny now, but at the time.....)

hey ho, fun times
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 10:29 am

I survive on 5 hours sleep .

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Tue May 10, 2011 11:52 pm

ANDY wrote:
Constance wrote:Andy, I have a repeating dream of being paralyzed, too.

I'm told that it is actually not an unusual type of dream: when you fall to sleep your brain shuts of your (controlled) muscular activity. Normally this only happens in a phase of deep sleep - I believe you do dream in this stage, but that these are dreams you'll rarely remember after waking up.
Occassionally you're brain will already set itself in the deep-sleep-mode while you're actually not in deep sleep yet - a phase in which you are much more aware of your dreams and still able to process some sensory input from your surroundings.
So the effect this produces is a rather agonising state in which you feel as if paralysed.

For some reason these dreams - at least in my case - are always hyper-realistic.
The first time I had one of them I just dreamt I woke up and got up to go to the bathroom and leave for work - which was absolutely the thing I was going to do the next morning. In the hallway of our studio I encountered 2 totally unfamiliar and bad looking types who were breaking in - I stood naked in front of them. I tried to yell to my boyfriend to get his help, but couldn't make a sound or move a muscle.

When I wake up after this type of dream, I will occassionally need a few moments to realise just how much of it was really only a dream as many aspects seemed so real.

I had a bad dream last night where I was trapped and scared

after I woke up - I wondered whether I was really awake or whether it was one of those dreams I haven't had for a long time - like yours Andy

where you think you're awake and start doing your normal stuff when things get weird and you wake up for real

the feeling of panic made me wonder about the thought of actually being in a dream in my everyday life for the past years or however long

and then maybe sometime in the future - I'll wake up and realise this was all a dream......but what kind of place will the reality be?
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Sun May 15, 2011 11:38 pm

I bought this dress last friday

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 2 Dibujohatl

Can't wait for summer to wear it hehe
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:50 am

guacamayo wrote:I bought this dress last friday

I saw that on a different thread

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Wed May 18, 2011 12:14 am

The driver who drove through the puddle and drenched my girls while they were out waiting for the bus is an asshole. They had to come in and change and my husband had to drive them to school.
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 am

Spent more time playing with Torin last weekend......it's a long story, but watched the movie Consuming Kids and realised that I need to spend more time being with him and doing things he likes while he's here at my place.....

Best time I've had with him since Christmas.....we bonded so much over the holiday.....

He really thrives on love......

Both of us enjoyed the lovely weekend.....Smile
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Wed May 18, 2011 12:53 am

guacamayo wrote:I bought this dress last friday

That is gorgeous, where did you buy it? x
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Wed May 18, 2011 1:17 am

It is a new shop here, I don't remember the name but the dress brand is ByLu: http://www.bylu.net/
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Wed May 18, 2011 1:27 am

It is a very nice shop with lot of beautiful dresses.
They also had this one (http://www.surkana.com/):
Things you wanted to say...... - Page 2 Dibujoelqo
but it didn't fit me very well
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next