all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you wanted to say......

+23
Mac Doobie
AmandafromCali
this and that
blue moon
nombre de otro
senorita
fiberNz
Andy
Lee Van Queef
eddie
precinct14
Dick Fitzwell
Old Mack
ISN
sil
felix
Constance
LaRue
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Blondie
tigerlily
tatiana
27 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 Empty Re: Things you wanted to say......

Post  Lee Van Queef Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Oh, apparently he is 20.
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 Empty Re: Things you wanted to say......

Post  felix Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:31 pm

TickleCockBridge wrote:Oh, apparently he is 20.
He wears his hair looong (we've seen the pix) and he plays a very loud rock guitar (we've heard the clips) and he's a rude boy (they don't like dem rude boys over there - hey! he's bein a rude boy again! Zap 'im!).

But hey, he's kind of an OK geezer innit.
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:18 pm

pinhedz wrote:This should probably have been brought up in the Language Korner, but is it correct usage in geordie to refer to someone under 65 as a "geezer?" Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 4242516590
Answer: ...it's correct atu2 usage to refer to our pally as a 'geezer'
Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 Geezer01
...hmmm...long hair...loud music...Geezer Butler...musician and songwriter...bassist and lyricist in Black Sabbath. "While Ozzy Osbourne was the frontman of the band, Geezer wrote almost all of the band's lyrics, drawing heavily upon his fascination with religion, science-fiction, fantasy and horror, and musings on the darker side of human nature that posed a constant threat of global annihilation."

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 Geezer_stud_muffin_blk__61442_std

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:17 am

TickleCockBridge wrote:I'm sorry to be so negative, but is it just me or is this forum rather boring these days? I aware I could try and liven it up, but I think I am not up to the task.
I am so busy I can not be here as much as I used to and I think it is the same for a few others.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:21 am

TickleCockBridge wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling that Hal Jones spends more time on this site than all of us put together?
Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 2116463008 Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 148

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:24 am

blue moon wrote:Answer: ...it's correct atu2 usage to refer to our pally as a 'geezer'
Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 Geezer01
...hmmm...long hair...loud music...Geezer Butler...musician and songwriter...bassist and lyricist in Black Sabbath. "While Ozzy Osbourne was the frontman of the band, Geezer wrote almost all of the band's lyrics, drawing heavily upon his fascination with religion, science-fiction, fantasy and horror, and musings on the darker side of human nature that posed a constant threat of global annihilation."

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 Geezer_stud_muffin_blk__61442_std

that's funny cause the last song I posted was a Sabbath cover, but it didn't have any bass or lyrics

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:36 am

yea, Paladin doesn't bother me either.

tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:39 am

no one bothers me , I try to see good in everyone.
People visit here for various reasons , some of which I may not appreciate , but as long as their posts are interesting that is ok.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:24 pm

Doc Watson wrote:
I am so busy I can not be here as much as I used to and I think it is the same for a few others.

Why don't you try to think of us rather than being so darn selfish? This forum needs you like a heart needs a beat. bounce
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:41 pm

I just wanted to say that I am happy that it is now Thursday night.....

and that I am hungry, so I am going to cook some dinner

Also, I think this little monster smilie is still cool Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 2530140023

cheers to my dear.

Cool
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:11 pm

hal. jones wrote:Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 148
...why is your avatar an old one of precints, hal? Thats a fantastic smiley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Does anybody here have studied something at a distance university? I'm planning to start studying "English Studies". I would only take two subjects to see if I can manage it: "Instrumental English I & II" (which is about learning English properly) and "Medieval and Renaissance Literature" (which scares me a bit). I haven't tried to study for a long time so I'm not used to it but this is something I'd like to try.

I am also planning to go to Edimburgh soon and live and work at whatever not extremely bad job there.

Maybe it's silly these decisions, especially the latter, make me think something is going to change (in a way that I picture things differently)... but Lou Reed must be onto something:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:17 pm

blue moon wrote:
haha I didn't read the name and thought it was him who posted
blue moon... that's an old avatar on ER, isn't it?... how do you know it? Suspect
How are you, Hal?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:42 pm

asdf wrote:
blue moon wrote:
haha I didn't read the name and thought it was him who posted
blue moon... that's an old avatar on ER, isn't it?... how do you know it? Suspect
How are you, Hal?
...remember the confessions thread? I confessed to becoming a member at er, where I posted a poem, and then asked to have myself deleted two days later. Whilst there, I trawled er for background to the founding of ATU, to better understand pinz's movie. I noted precinct's avatar at the time. I'm glad hal's vomit-face avatar has gone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:59 pm

asdf wrote:Does anybody here have studied something at a distance university? I'm planning to start studying "English Studies". I would only take two subjects to see if I can manage it: "Instrumental English I & II" (which is about learning English properly) and "Medieval and Renaissance Literature" (which scares me a bit). I haven't tried to study for a long time so I'm not used to it but this is something I'd like to try.
...Years ago I enrolled in two subjects through Open Learning, one of them was "Myth, Ritual and the Sacred", and the other was "China in Transformation: Revolution and Rebellion, 1850-1949". Best thing I ever did. I enrolled because those subjects were hobbies, but eventually I enrolled in a concrete Uni and finished an Arts degree, and then a Graduate Diploma of Education. I left school at 12 years of age asdf...if I can do it, you can do it...mind you, my self-respect was at stake, and I wanted to be a good example to my beautiful daughters, so I worked really really hard Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 Smilie_les_025

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:21 pm

tatiana wrote:I just wanted to say that I am happy that it is now Thursday night...and that I am hungry, so I am going to cook some dinner. Also, I think this little monster smilie is still cool Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 2530140023
I'm glad tomorrow's friday, I've just eaten, cracked open a vodka UDL and I like this smiley Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 Horse-no

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 pm

pinhedz wrote:
blue moon wrote:... Whilst there, I trawled er for background to the founding of ATU, to better understand pinz's movie.
There was a chain of events, starting with LaRue blowing up her chemistry lab in high school, and culminating with Carnap protesting against the name "Bush" being automatically changed to "BuckMcDuck" whenever typed (this digital conversion was by order of one--but not the only--of the more immature moderators over there).
...thanks pinz...there's interesting stuff over there when you type ATU into 'search'...when you search 'strawberry jam' it's disturbing. I didn't want any part of it. Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 90771731

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:02 pm

pinhedz wrote:Now that I think of it, LaRue was already here when she blew up the lab. Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 4201394543
...i thought la rue blew up the ship Things you wanted to say...... - Page 9 1sm447shipwrecked

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:37 pm

blue moon wrote:...Years ago I enrolled in two subjects through Open Learning, one of them was "Myth, Ritual and the Sacred"
You could use your knowledge in a Jungian way and start a thread called "I analyze your dreams"...

blue moon wrote:I enrolled because those subjects were hobbies, but eventually I enrolled in a concrete Uni and finished an Arts degree, and then a Graduate Diploma of Education. I left school at 12 years of age asdf
Wow, that's a big achievement having left school at 12... I'm proud of ya cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:06 am

asdf wrote:Does anybody here have studied something at a distance university? I'm planning to start studying "English Studies". I would only take two subjects to see if I can manage it: "Instrumental English I & II" (which is about learning English properly) and "Medieval and Renaissance Literature" (which scares me a bit). I haven't tried to study for a long time so I'm not used to it but this is something I'd like to try.

I am also planning to go to Edimburgh soon and live and work at whatever not extremely bad job there.

Maybe it's silly these decisions, especially the latter, make me think something is going to change (in a way that I picture things differently)... but Lou Reed must be onto something:

I studied by correspondence to give myself an extra year of teacher training . It is a good way if you can organize yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:07 am

TickleCockBridge wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:

Why don't you try to think of us rather than being so darn selfish? This forum needs you like a heart needs a beat. bounce
Ok I will try to be lass selfish.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:07 am

blue moon wrote:
there's interesting stuff over there when you type ATU into 'search'.

I just gave it a go. It seems that most stuff that mentions ATU gets deleted. They seem to delete posts there all the time. Or a lot anyway. I just searched for my last posts there and they seem to have been deleted as well (unless I'm being stupid!). I can't imagine why my posts would be deleted, I just listed a load of names of people I wanted to say hi to. Andy, who had been a member there for many years, recently started a thread saying goodbye to everyone and explaining his exit, which got deleted in a matter of seconds. You gotta give them credit, they sure are efficient!

I stopped posting there a good few years ago because a particular moderator edited my posts on numerous occasions. My posts were usually replaced with a full stop, which made my posts even more nonsensical than they usually are anyway. The mod would PM me calling me a troll, telling me that I'm not funny (ouch) and that I'm not endearing myself to the mods. Then would apologise saying they got the wrong end of the stick, or something like that. All very odd.

Does Stellar or whatever her name is still post there? I remember she was the only person that I actually properly disliked. Which kind of feels weird now, considering I don't actually know her. Oh well, you live and learn. bounce
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:09 am

Doc Watson wrote:
TickleCockBridge wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:

Ok I will try to be lass selfish.

I'm tempted to change my username to "Lass Selfish". It's a good name Doc, you never cease to amaze me. Very Happy
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 am

asdf wrote:
blue moon wrote:...Years ago I enrolled in two subjects through Open Learning, one of them was "Myth, Ritual and the Sacred"
You could use your knowledge in a Jungian way and start a thread called "I analyze your dreams"...
blue moon wrote:I enrolled because those subjects were hobbies, but eventually I enrolled in a concrete Uni and finished an Arts degree, and then a Graduate Diploma of Education. I left school at 12 years of age asdf
Wow, that's a big achievement having left school at 12... I'm proud of ya cat
...re post 1, one needs a knowledge of the dreamer I'd think. Jung was adept at analysing his own dreams because he could decode the archetypal universal symbols and the personal symbols he'd accrued. Dreams have both?
...re post 2, thank you asdf. I'll brag now. I had only one competitor for top place re the Arts degree...we became best of friends. My kids are soooo proud. One of my daughter's sat next to me in the first subject I took in the concrete uni. We were enrolled in the same subject...she was in her last year, while I was in my first. Sigh...that's a great memory.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:11 am

TickleCockBridge wrote:I'm tempted to change my username to "Lass Selfish". It's a good name Doc, you never cease to amaze me. Very Happy
...you could be "Less Selfish", doc could be "One Liner" Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next