all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bin Laden is dead

+6
Blondie
tatiana
precinct14
LaRue
eddie
Dick Fitzwell
10 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bin Laden is dead - Page 3 Empty Re: Bin Laden is dead

Post  Blondie Thu May 05, 2011 12:43 am

precinct14 wrote:p.s. It was Obama's decision to go for the riskier raid option, that could either deliver Osama's body, or end in calamitous failure and the tarnishing of his presidency, over a missile strike that could be carried out far more easily, reduce the compound to rubble, but be less likely to deliver ultimate proof of bin Laden's death. I wonder what Bush would have opted for?

Oh, and is this risky raid operation that Obama invented being used in Libya?
Blondie
Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 12:58 am

Blondie wrote:
Captain Hi-Top wrote:Bin Laden is dead - Page 3 Tumblr_lklhzg5IUH1qf10tro1_500

There's probably more than a few motherfuckers out of work who'd like a cheap tank of gas. Can you add that to your agenda, Mr. President?

I don't even understand how he can keep his mind on the job at all scratch

http://news.yahoo.com/video/politics-15749652/just-dance-michelle-obama-dances-at-dc-school-25107281
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Blondie Thu May 05, 2011 1:07 am

Okay, so Britain may have a gorgeous newlywed Prince and Princess, but we have a First Lady that can "dougie". Suck on that! lol!
Blondie
Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 1:10 am

yeah, I was talking about his sexy motherfucking distracting wife......Pinz's post disappeared.....

I really don't think he's out of his depth at all........

you can't really compare Obama to Bush in any real way......Bush is like a child......he was havin' fun......messing around - he didn't have a clue - totally clueless

a bit like old dr shoehorn - gormless

except he's a lot funnier than old dr shoehorn

Last edited by Catherine on Thu May 05, 2011 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Blondie Thu May 05, 2011 1:17 am

Catherine wrote:you can't really compare Obama to Bush in any real way......Bush is like a child......he was havin' fun......messing around - he didn't have a clue - totally clueless

You may dislike Bush and disagree with his policies, but to say that he was "just havin' fun-messin around-and clueless" is ridiculous. Bush made some HUGE mistakes during his presidency but he isn't the bumbling fool some people like to portray him as.
Blondie
Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Thu May 05, 2011 1:27 am

tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 1:29 am

Blondie wrote:
Catherine wrote:you can't really compare Obama to Bush in any real way......Bush is like a child......he was havin' fun......messing around - he didn't have a clue - totally clueless

You may dislike Bush and disagree with his policies, but to say that he was "just havin' fun-messin around-and clueless" is ridiculous. Bush made some HUGE mistakes during his presidency but he isn't the bumbling fool some people like to portray him as.

well, if he doesn't want to be accused of being 'a bumbling fool' he should grow an intellect!

he doesn't need to be portrayed as anything - it was glaringly obvious that he was having fun and pretty much an imbecile......he didn't need any help in getting that message across

I don't dislike him - I think he's kinda cute for a moron - and as to his policies - I'm a huge fan of his contributions to Africa - I've usually defended him on that basis alone - he's the only recent president that has made a real difference in Africa

Last edited by Catherine on Thu May 05, 2011 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am

I take it the rum in rhythm was a slip of the tongue Laughing Wink

pirat
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Thu May 05, 2011 2:23 am

pinhedz wrote:"Thousands of messages" come from the kind of people that will post messages--in other words, people that do nothing.
What, you mean the kind of people that post messages with lyrics that are supposedly better than Bob Dylan's? Shocked
pinhedz wrote:What's needed is leadership and resources--not posting messages.
Right. Or, in the case of London's 7/7 attacks, a bomb-making kit, 4 rail tickets, 4 backpacks and a posthumous video message.
pinhedz wrote:And those messages don't even reflect the views of the general populations of the middle eastern countries. Polls over the last 10 years show that Al Qaeda's approval rating has plunged to single digits in most countries.
So what? Did the terrorist acts of al-Qaeda reflect 'the views of the general populations of the middle eastern countries'? Didn't stop them committing them though, did it? And anyway, the 7/7 bombings had nothing to do with al-Qaeda, let alone its popularity. This beast is hydra-headed, Mr Bin Laden is dead - Page 3 4242516590
pinhedz wrote:I remember some idiot on the stage at Woodstock announcing "This it the 5th largest army in the world." cheers

Irrelevant poppycock. Plus, Woodstock only lasted 3 days. Bin Laden is dead - Page 3 3386054303
pinhedz wrote:This at a time when the entire movement has become almost universally unpopular (those "thousands of messages" notwithstanding).
So unpopular that its leader was able (or allowed) to spend 5 years living next door to the blue chip military academy of a Muslim country that has produced a conveyor belt of religious extremist, would-be terrorists.
pinhedz wrote:And does the author really think that Bin Laden was the "first Saudi Martyr?" Weren't most of the 9-11 terrorists were Saudis? All were from Saudi Arabia, with the exception of Fayez Banihammad, according to the 9/11 Commission Report.
Nitpicking. Anyway, we're talking head honcho martyr here.
precinct14
precinct14
Coming up empty from the piggy bank?

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 3:05 am

pinhedz wrote:
Then why not say "head-honcho" instead of "first?"

it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind

oops, wrong quote......heheheh
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Thu May 05, 2011 3:26 am

Blondie wrote:There's probably more than a few motherfuckers out of work who'd like a cheap tank of gas. Can you add that to your agenda, Mr. President?

No, he can't because we have a thing called "free market." Why the fuck do people pretend the President has ANY power over gas prices?

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 3:32 am

who gives a fukkin rat's arse about gas/petrol

grow some balls and stop depending on the nearly depleted ugly oil reserves.......and the disgusting cockroach-like ubiquitous ugly car

grow some balls and start thinking about the environment/sustainability/future......

grow some balls and cycle or walk or fukkin run for all I care

just get on a bus, Gus

wake up and smell the coffee

oil is so yesterday

ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 3:33 am

pinhedz wrote:Fun fact--Angelina Jolie is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR).

she has a few 'foreign relations' herself
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Thu May 05, 2011 3:45 am

Catherine wrote:who gives a fukkin rat's arse about gas/petrol

grow some balls and stop depending on the nearly depleted ugly oil reserves.......and the disgusting cockroach-like ubiquitous ugly car

grow some balls and start thinking about the environment/sustainability/future......

just get on a bus, Gus

oil is so yesterday

In case you weren't aware...the United States is a fucking huge country...things are very far apart...Most people can't walk to where they are going. There isn't really any public transportation except in big cities.

My state alone is like the size of the United Kingdom dude. And it's one of fifty.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 3:53 am

Strawberry Jam wrote:O

Very fine that a dangerous terrorist and mass murderer has been killed (though taking him to court would have been better if he really was unarmed, as latest news seems to suggest)

I'm not a really big fan of extra-judicial assassinations which everyone has somehow come to accept as the norm

there is a process and procedure called a court, a judge and a jury

for dealing with criminals, murderers - the Nazis had their Nuremburg

the Yugoslavs have their Hague tribunals

even Saddam Hussein was tried and predictably found guilty before a court

this new kill them and ask questions later trend doesn't instill much confidence in me

doesn't instill much confidence in me about the age-old 'innocent until proven guilty' ethos of every decent judicial system

I know it seems asinine and naive

it's one of the first things my father taught me - the other was the meaning of the study of economics and the benefits of keeping a diary - good old Dad

but I think that people deserve their day in court

if only to remind us of their horrendous crimes and then swiftly execute them if execution is your thing

it's not my thing - no matter how heinous the crime

I don't believe in capital punishment

and neither do I adhere to the anonymous and unseen new American-style assassination of ze vicked....(the wicked)

justice does not depend on popular opinion at least it shouldn't

Last edited by Catherine on Thu May 05, 2011 5:35 am; edited 2 times in total
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Blondie Thu May 05, 2011 3:57 am

Captain Hi-Top wrote:Why the fuck do people pretend the President has ANY power over gas prices?

Because he does. Obama has stopped allowing drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and won't allow us to tap Alaska. Will the oil in those two places last us 1000 years? Probably not, but it would help in the mean time.

just get on a bus, Gus

oil is so yesterday

That's a sweet idea, but how do you propose all the items that are on the store shelves get to where you are? Horse back? Green energy fairy carts? And what of international travel? Buses use gas, too. Coffee doesn't grow here, so unless someone flies it out of Columbia or Africa and brings it to me, I can't smell it.
Blondie
Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 3:58 am

Captain Hi-Top wrote:

just get on a bus, Gus

oil is so yesterday

In case you weren't aware...the United States is a fucking huge country...things are very far apart...Most people can't walk to where they are going. There isn't really any public transportation except in big cities.

My state alone is like the size of the United Kingdom dude. And it's one of fifty.

then fukkin fix it you moron

no use saying public transport is crap and I LUV MY CAR

get a life, find an alternative, think about the future........

you think it's gonna be nice and rosy for my 7-year-old son when oil runs out

if you really can't exist without that horrible contraption - the car

then move on - get electric/hybrid cars......(yuck)

I know it's hard for folks to think further than the next 3 months......heheheeheh

but, jesus christ, wake up

(voice in the wilderness......hehehehe)
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 am

Blondie wrote:
Captain Hi-Top wrote:Why the fuck do people pretend the President has ANY power over gas prices?

Because he does. Obama has stopped allowing drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and won't allow us to tap Alaska. Will the oil in those two places last us 1000 years? Probably not, but it would help in the mean time.

just get on a bus, Gus

oil is so yesterday

That's a sweet idea, but how do you propose all the items that are on the store shelves get to where you are? Horse back? Green energy fairy carts? And what of international travel? Buses use gas, too. Coffee doesn't grow here, so unless someone flies it out of Columbia or Africa and brings it to me, I can't smell it.

I don't care about the store shelves - I believe in growing food (including coffee) in your local community

in fact, I think I might take a vow of silence and celibacy

and go and have a farm in Africa....get a gun.....grow some vegies and coffee beans.......and shoot the next person I see

only kidding.......

I believe in local produce......I don't care about international travel (such an indulgence)......I reckon we could come up with something better than fairy carts - but if that's all you got - good for you

I believe that most of the buses in Sydney are petrol free

you think you're pretty clever, don't you - but there's one thing you're missing and that's the ability to imagine a world where muck and filth are not the currency of life

good for you
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Thu May 05, 2011 4:11 am

Catherine wrote:I don't care about the store shelves - I believe in growing food (including coffee) in your local community

in fact, I think I might take a vow of silence and celibacy

and go and have a farm in Africa....get a gun.....grow some vegies and coffee beans.......and shoot the next person I see

only kidding.......

I believe in local produce......I don't care about international travel (such an indulgence)......I reckon we could come up with something better than fairy carts - but if that's all you got - good for you

I believe that most of the buses in Sydney are petrol free

you think you're pretty clever, don't you - but there's one thing you're missing and that's the ability to imagine a world where muck and filth are not the currency of life

good for you

You are a fucking loony.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 4:13 am

said the bishop to the tart

I wish it was as simple as me being a lunatic

but it just isn't

(believe me I wish it was as simple as that)

said simple simon to the pieman have you any pies?

I think I might call you 'simple simon' from now on

probably over your head as Still Mack likes to say

in a way it is unusual and different and alternative to want a better future, a nicer place, a different world

it's like - wow - that's SO stupid to want a decent, clean, better place

Last edited by Catherine on Thu May 05, 2011 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Thu May 05, 2011 4:14 am

Catherine wrote:then fukkin fix it you moron

I didn't say that you moron. What I said was "public transport doesn't exist" and "I have to use my car or it will take me 3 days to get to work" (I don't actually have a job, that's just an example)

I suppose I should "fukkin fix" my entire country by shrinking it and making everything closer together, eh?

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Thu May 05, 2011 4:21 am

Captain Hi-Top wrote:
Catherine wrote:then fukkin fix it you moron

I didn't say that you moron. What I said was "public transport doesn't exist" and "I have to use my car or it will take me 3 days to get to work" (I don't actually have a job, that's just an example) heheheheh.....lol......unemployed bludger

I suppose I should "fukkin fix" my entire country by shrinking it and making everything closer together, eh?

oh, fuk - if you have neither the desire, the wits nor the imagination to motivate, inspire people to create a real future for your fukkin dysfunctional country......

don worry - be happy

the thought of a world without Mazdas is obviously not keeping YOU awake at night......heheheh
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Thu May 05, 2011 4:31 am

Catherine wrote:oh, fuk - if you have neither the desire, the wits nor the imagination to motivate, inspire people to create a real future for your fukkin dysfunctional country......

Then what? And what does it have to do with the part of my post that you bolded?

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Thu May 05, 2011 4:32 am

Catherine wrote:I wish it was as simple as me being a lunatic

You want everyone to become Amish- yes, you are a loony, it's that simple.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Thu May 05, 2011 4:37 am

pinhedz wrote:There is video of Bin Laden boasting about how he pulled off 9-11, so a not-guilty plea wasn't really and option.

From what I've read, he has at some point both denied and admitted to it.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten

Notice it says nothing about 9/11 on there.

People confess to things they didn't do all the time anyway. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_confession

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next