all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game

5 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:00 am

...Hey Eddie, I've hi-jacked this for the poetry thread Very Happy

Back to top Go down

The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game

Post  eddie Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:13 pm

blue moon wrote:
...Hey Eddie, I've hi-jacked this for the poetry thread Very Happy

You're very welcome.

The second set of clues (above ^) refers to a short prose work, the style of which ought to indicate the author:

One Christmas was so much like another, in those years around the sea-town corner now and out of all sound except the distant speaking of the voices I sometimes hear a moment before sleep, that I can never remember whether it snowed for six days and six nights when I was twelve or whether it snowed for twelve days and twelve nights when I was six.

eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:58 pm

...Hey Eddie it is......A Child's Christmas in Wales by Dylan Thomas...? The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 2486224328

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:09 pm

..............poem...........
The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Is?J-FINfZiQU5Pwrb4o0xUFHwCJWzeZoymzJvt7RCi06QThe Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Is?chISY3w93oD9BbsS1fG4IEm0DW0e4lMXVMusn4fWskk

Last edited by blue moon on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:19 pm

blue moon wrote:...Hey Eddie it is......A Child's Christmas in Wales by Dylan Thomas...? The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 2486224328

cheers cheers cheers

Sit back and enjoy fellow Welshman John Cale's take on the story from his 'Paris 1919' album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IKnVVRsmk
A Child's Christmas in Wales- John Cale.

eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:27 pm

blue moon wrote:

..............poem...........
The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 9k=The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 2Q==

Moony, all I'm getting here is two red squares inside two boxes, plus an unlikely amount of computerspeak when I click on "Quote".
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:56 pm

...I think I've fixed it ^

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:08 am

Elizabeth Smart's "By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept"...?
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:17 am

...oh dear Eddie...way off base.

....However, in my defence, I do have a friend visiting and my mindset has become somewhat more tawdry than usual.

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 am

Clue?

EDIT: Hang on, is this the "orgasm in the restaurant scene" from...can't remember the name of the movie...?

If so, I dunno...Euripides' "The Bacchae", perhaps?
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:28 am

eddie wrote:Clue?

EDIT: Hang on, is this the "orgasm in the restaurant scene" from...can't remember the name of the movie...?

If so, I dunno...Euripides' "The Bacchae", perhaps?

Is the movie When Harry met Sally? Not sure if that helps.
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:48 am

The movie is 'When Harry met Sally'

...er...I did say it was a poem...

it's LITERAL... Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:48 am

Since there are TWO pix of the event, I'll guess it's Yeats' "The Second Coming". Very Happy
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:03 am

Easy one, this time:

The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 703790-8410105-317-238

The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 426px-Reed_warbler_cuckoo
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 am

eddie wrote:Since there are TWO pix of the event, I'll guess it's Yeats' "The Second Coming". Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 am

...one flew over the cuckoo's nest?

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 pm

blue moon wrote:
...one flew over the cuckoo's nest?

cheers cheers cheers

eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 pm

The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Three-wise-men-star

The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Gravy460
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:15 am

...The Gravy Train by Whit Masterson ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:27 am

...Hey Eddie, I don't think my Gravy Train guess is correct but am posting this anyway The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 2486224328
The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Watt
The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Is?Mnr8E8tWqeeJ1BvdeyCq0HmZz7taEWn1T3L23XK7hLU
The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Is?cfhy1oMc5mTkN9hcYZ2zCQ3uqZ3Ds08JDwr-xjIkg0A

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:22 am

blue moon wrote:
...The Gravy Train by Whit Masterson ?

'Fraid not.

20th c English comic travelogue.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:28 am

blue moon wrote:
The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Watt
The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Is?Mnr8E8tWqeeJ1BvdeyCq0HmZz7taEWn1T3L23XK7hLU
The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Is?cfhy1oMc5mTkN9hcYZ2zCQ3uqZ3Ds08JDwr-xjIkg0A

The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Whats_eating_gilbert_grape_poster

Wiki:

What's Eating Gilbert Grape is a 1993 film directed by Lasse Hallström and starring Johnny Depp, Juliette Lewis and Leonardo DiCaprio. Peter Hedges wrote the screenplay adapted from his 1991 novel of the same name
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 am

...Eddie cheers cheers cheers

...good movie, great book Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 pm

eddie wrote:The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Three-wise-men-star

The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 Gravy460

It's not TS Eliot's Journey of the Magi, if that helps. Smile
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:30 pm

^^

....OK, the answer is Jerome K Jerome's "Three Men in a (gravy) Boat".

Here's another clue, a Sherlock Holmes title this time:

The Peg-leg and the Parrot: ATU's literary game - Page 3 _40972095_king_thumbs_pa203

eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next