all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Not A Sports Section ?

5 posters

Go down

Why Not A Sports Section ? Empty Why Not A Sports Section ?

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:25 am

I would assume many of us here have an interest in matters of a sporting nature .
There a section for sport could be good .

Back to top Go down

Why Not A Sports Section ? Empty Re: Why Not A Sports Section ?

Post  Constance Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:11 pm

The only sport I'm interested in is typing.
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:44 pm

I raised the topics because this is a forum which covers Art in many ways. A lot of people consider sport as part of the Arts spectrum. In his Library Classication system Dewey put sport amonst the arts. Cardus , one of the finest cricket writers ever was also a music critic. Some forms of dance are classed as sport and chess is included as a sport.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Spaghetti Junction wrote:Request noted and being considered. I'll wait a bit for the others to chime in.

You're posting in the completely wrong section, btw. Suggestions belong in Admin.
Sorry Sad I had no idea . I thought it was off topic. I am happy for it to be moved.

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Sports could be painlessly incorporated into the Theatre/Performance section. There is a degree of artistry involved in most sports, as emu points out, and an element of theatre too.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:00 pm

...we could include wrestling:

Why Not A Sports Section ? Alexander-louis-leloir_-_jacob_wrestling_with_the_angel

...and what about a fishing section while we're at it:

Why Not A Sports Section ? Bruegel-big-fish

...that reminds me Eddie...can you repost the Fall of Icarus with the poem about indifference? (Bruegel's big fish eat little fish reminded me that it's gone)

Last edited by blue moon on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reposition image)

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Doc Watson wrote:I raised the topics because this is a forum which covers Art in many ways. A lot of people consider sport as part of the Arts spectrum. In his Library Classication system Dewey put sport amonst the arts. Cardus , one of the finest cricket writers ever was also a music critic. Some forms of dance are classed as sport and chess is included as a sport.

Good to know; that's very interesting.
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:04 am

Doc Watson wrote:I would assume many of us here have an interest in matters of a sporting nature .
There a section for sport could be good .

We have never had a sports section before because this is an Arts forum, and sports could have been discussed in off topic.

However, I am not fussed either way. Basketball
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 am

i am not very interested in sports, and would not have a use for a sports section.
but i have no objections to it being there for the joy of others.
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:30 am

Spaghetti Junction wrote:I'd say let's give it a chance and see how it develops. I don't have much to say about sports, but some others may. Didn't Cook Pass Babtridge mention he was visiting a football forum regularly?

Yes, but football fans are extremely territorial, they only share with like minded fans that support the same team. Very Happy
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:34 am

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:
Spaghetti Junction wrote:I'd say let's give it a chance and see how it develops. I don't have much to say about sports, but some others may. Didn't Cook Pass Babtridge mention he was visiting a football forum regularly?

Yes, but football fans are extremely territorial, they only share with like minded fans that support the same team. Very Happy
I beg to differ last friday I went to the football with a friend who supports the other team . We both had a good evening . Next saturday I am going with another good friend , he supports the opposition . we always have a great time together.

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:36 am

Doc Watson wrote:

I beg to differ last friday I went to the football with a friend who supports the other team . We both had a good evening . Next saturday I am going with another good friend , he supports the opposition . we always have a great time together.

why don't you swap teams and see what that's like - I bet you'd be at each others throats.......
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:37 am

Doc Watson wrote:

You don't live in England, I wouldn't fancy your chances as a Man United fan in Arsenal's stand.
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:39 am

Catherine wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:

why don't you swap teams and see what that's like - I bet you'd be at each others throats.......
Hard to change the team after 53 years !

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:43 am

QPR Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:42 pm

I see it has been moved to off topic . While I will not argue with the powers that be . It had attracted more posts and topics than some other sections. Maybe a month's trail would have been a fair test . Afterall as has been pointed out . Sports is regarded by the Dewey system as being in the Arts Classification and Dance is regarded as a branch of sport.

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:16 pm

^^^^^
I know I shouldn't laugh here but oh! well....

lol!
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Why Not A Sports Section ? 2116463008 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down