all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moony's new Computer

+2
ISN
tatiana
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Moony's new Computer - Page 2 Empty Re: Moony's new Computer

Post  Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:18 pm

Hey Tatiana...when I took the computer to the shop the techie said there was a lot of stuff on it (your son's) so he removed it all (after he asked if that's what I wanted)...I have no idea what he was talking about though Shocked

I have a set of cheap speakers that I can't get working...but I have a friend coming over for the weekend and she's pretty savvy with computers so I'm sure she can help. She's also pretty savvy with a chainsaw which is good because there are all sorts of noxious trees springing up behind the back fence...we'll do our bit for the environment and get rid of them so the native trees get a go. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:31 am

hey Moony
i thought everything would have been deleted with the reinstall but apparently not.
it is great that the techie cleaned it up for you.
the most the Ryan had on that pc would have been World of Warcraft and other games, and his chemistry stuff.

we have a lot of overgrown weeds, and groundcover plants, and offshoots of big trees....here in my backyard, it is like a jungle out there.
nothing like your outdoors, but a nuisance just the same.
it prevents me from jumping over the back fence and taking the short cut to the bus stop. Rolling Eyes
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:35 am

about the speakers, you might have to go into the sound panel to make sure your defaults are set correctly.
your friend will know what to do.

there is no sound card, it all just runs of the motherboard.
and there is no wireless adapter either for the net, cable only.

edit...
i know, you might have to put the MB disk in and install the audio drivers, i cannot remember if i did that, as i did not need the machine for music.
the disk is in the MB box that came with it.
once again, your friend might know what to do.

if not, just put the MB disk in and follow the prompts, i guess

tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm

...eight months later:

Hi Tatiana, here's an (overdue) update.

...so what happened was that after your computer arrived I did a quick trip to Cairns. I took both computers to ask a shop-techie if he could salvage my stuff form the dead one. Not only did he salvage (most of) my stuff, he also resurrected the machine...so I've been using that ever since, with the one you sent stored in the box it arrived in.

...3 days ago the old machine collapsed for good. I'd saved what I wanted on a series of memory sticks, because it was obvious the machine was on its way out.

...I plugged in the speakers and printer and screen from my old computer into yours and my sister-in-law had an acceptable mouse. cheers IT WORKS.

I'm so grateful I still have the use of a computer!

Anyway, I can't upload my itunes but that's OK because they're safe on a memory stick and one day someone will visit who knows the Secrets of Instillation.
I also can't connect to the Internet...I've got a pre-paid connection thingy that worked well on the old computer....someone will turn up who can help. Till then I'll pop in to the library to keep in touch.

...SO...what I wanted to say was thank you so much for sending the computer Tats. It's a lifesaver. I think of you (with gratitude) every time I use it. I love you

Back to top Go down

Post  yoder Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:30 am

yoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum