all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine"

Go down

"Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine" Empty "Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine"

Post  Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:55 am

I find Patti Smith's version of "Gloria" lovely but I deeply dislike that line. It's like when people say "it's not my problem"

Edit: I forgot to add "my sins my own only belong to me" that takes one way on the interpretation

Last edited by Vera Cruz on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

"Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine" Empty Re: "Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine"

Post  Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:58 am

"when you're not feeling holy your loneliness says that you've sinned" - from Leonard Cohen's Sisters of Mercy

Back to top Go down

"Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine" Empty Re: "Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine"

Post  Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:00 am

"My trip hasn’t been a pleasant one
And my time it isn’t long
And I still do not know
What it was that I’ve done wrong"
- From Bob Dylan's The Drifter's Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:03 am

Marianne Faithfull's Guilt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:05 am

"got a pile of sins to pay for and I ain't got time to hide" - From Bob Dylan's Nettie Moore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:09 am

Sinnerman by Nina Simone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:53 am

(God answers back)

cause if you get everything you hope for
then I will have to punish you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down