all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where's eddie?

+6
eddie
Constance
felix
LaRue
Nah Ville Sky Chick
tatiana
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

where's eddie? - Page 3 Empty Re: where's eddie?

Post  eddie Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:45 pm

^

Thank you, dear Constance.

I'm learning that writing a book is one thing, but that's just the start. Marketing it is something else entirely.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:Have you visited any of the publishers or just sent your manuscript to them ?

If a wild-eyed author waving a manuscript turned up on the doorstep of a publishing house, they'd quite rightly call the police.

Wiki says that in 2007 76% of all books were self-published online, and it's an option I'm considering for 2013 if I haven't had an offer by January, but I'm old-fashioned enough to prefer a printed hard copy. The traditional publishing industry is undergoing massive technological changes, comparable to what downloading from the net did to the music biz. Unsurprisingly, when you can now download a book on kindle for 20p.
I know that it takes a lot of persistence to get published . One Australian authour Matthew Riley who now is one of Australia's best selling authors and is published internationally had his first book rejected by by every major and minor publisher with offices in Australia . He took his book to a Sydney bookshop and spared no effort in promoting his book to customers there . Eventually it started to make the lower ends of the best seller list . He was then approached by Macmillan and had bestsellers ever since. Macmillan also bought the rights to his first book and released it .
Another Australian author sought appointmets with a publishing house was politely seen and rejected each time . Eventually he ran into some one in another setting . Recognising her , he stated talking about his book and she gave him another appointment and this time was accepted .
I know these stories are not typical. I also know that most published books end up as remainders or on the specials table. As a bookshop owner I saw many self published books . They ranged from the best of books to the worst . I have no idea where your book fits in , but judging by the way you write on here . I have an idea it may be in the upper level .
You are right about he changes happening in the book industry being similiar to what has occurred in the music industry . It has been a theme of mine for years that unless bookshops understand this and adapt to the online world their days are numbered .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:19 pm

eddie wrote:^

Thank you, dear Constance.

I'm learning that writing a book is one thing, but that's just the start. Marketing it is something else entirely.
J K Rowling sent the first Harry Potter book to 12 publishers before it was accepted by number 13.
It is hard some publishers will state that certain books are not their kind of book.
The world of publishing is strewn with the cadavers of publishers who have rejected what eventually became a good seller.

Back to top Go down

Post  this and that Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:21 am

eddie wrote:I'm learning that writing a book is one thing, but that's just the start. Marketing it is something else entirely.
exclusive!

where's eddie? - Page 3 LaHuhs

flower

this and that

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:44 am

soʎnʇ sol ʎ sǝıʇuɐd sıɯ wrote:
eddie wrote:I'm learning that writing a book is one thing, but that's just the start. Marketing it is something else entirely.
exclusive!

where's eddie? - Page 3 LaHuhs

flower
So that is Eddies Book ?
Interesting pen name !!

Back to top Go down

Post  this and that Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

I'm just trying to help where's eddie? - Page 3 4242516590

this and that

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:55 pm

soʎnʇ sol ʎ sǝıʇuɐd sıɯ wrote:I'm just trying to help where's eddie? - Page 3 4242516590
You are all heart

Back to top Go down

Post  blue moon Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Hey eddie.
Hope you've survived the Christmas festivities in good shape. How are the permissions coming along?
blue moon
blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:03 pm

blue moon wrote:Hey eddie.
Hope you've survived the Christmas festivities in good shape. How are the permissions coming along?
He recently mentioned all that in posts on ER.

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:20 pm

blue moon wrote:Hey eddie.

Like half the nation, moony, feeling pretty jaded after a couple of weeks of over-indulgence. Once New Year's out of the way, I feel a month's detox coming on.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3