all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ?

+5
Dick Fitzwell
tatiana
Nah Ville Sky Chick
precinct14
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ? Empty Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ?

Post  Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:41 pm

I doubt very much if the ideal forum exists, certainly I am yet to find it . I have been part of both forums here , ER, Dylan Tree, Dylan vVine and a few others as well as visting a lot of others as as guest.
They are all made up of human beings like ourselves and just as each of us generally fall short of the idealist aims and goals we set ourselves so does each forum for some reason fall short of the lofty ideals and aims it may have when it was started
Does this mean that we no longer try with forums ?
To me the short answer is no . Our job in any forums that we belong is within the limits of our abilities to post the best posts we can , to be supportive and encouraging to other members even if we do not agree with some of thier posts. Healthly sensible debate should be the basis of most forums.
We should also endeavor o obey any rules the forum may have and respect anyone who is an adminiistrator or moderator.
At times a moderator may have to censure or rebuke us , or even remove one of ouir posts if we step out of line. We should not resent this as we all make mistakes and forget rules every so often.

Last edited by Doc Watson on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fine tuning)

Back to top Go down

Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ? Empty Re: Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ?

Post  eddie Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ? Animals2
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ? Empty Re: Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ?

Post  Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:33 pm

eddie wrote:Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ? Animals2
Well said !

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:28 pm

You ask the question, 'Does the ideal internet forum exist anywhere?', but the main body of your post seems to concern itself with telling us all to be nice to each other. I'm not looking for the ideal internet forum, but I'm sure that there are plenty of internet forums out there, that give their users what they want, and are therefore ideal for their purposes. Don't forget, for some, the ideal internet forum is a place where they can abuse others. Some are looking for company, the exchange of ideas and interests. Mostly, it's a wonderful tool for killing time. And I have no ideals, or goals I set myself, so there's nothing to fall short of, there.
precinct14
precinct14
Coming up empty from the piggy bank?

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:44 pm

This looks a nice friendly board

http://www.coinclub.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html

I see John Lennon posts there too!!
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:This looks a nice friendly board

So does Dylan Scores. In one thread, he asked if anyone could help him post a picture, and got no replies. These coin club members are only interested in the money, I've heard.
precinct14
precinct14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:33 am

precinct14 wrote:

So does Dylan Scores. In one thread, he asked if anyone could help him post a picture, and got no replies. These coin club members are only interested in the money, I've heard.
I am not interested in money. I have enough lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:38 am

precinct14 wrote:You ask the question, 'Does the ideal internet forum exist anywhere?', but the main body of your post seems to concern itself with telling us all to be nice to each other. I'm not looking for the ideal internet forum, but I'm sure that there are plenty of internet forums out there, that give their users what they want, and are therefore ideal for their purposes. Don't forget, for some, the ideal internet forum is a place where they can abuse others. Some are looking for company, the exchange of ideas and interests. Mostly, it's a wonderful tool for killing time. And I have no ideals, or goals I set myself, so there's nothing to fall short of, there.
I am sorry if I gave you that impression . I beleiee we all fall short of the goals and ambitions we acheive in life. I have acheived and learnt a lot in many forums and if you are happy with what you have acheived in this and other forums. If people are happy abusing others that is fine . As I have said the exchange of ideas and healthy disagreement is good. I have always seen you as a very sensible and good poster.

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:39 am

this is a nice forum & discussion board.

stop complaining.
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:41 am

tatiana wrote:this is a nice forum & discussion board.

stop complaining.
I am not complaining . I have never said this is not a good forum . I have been here from day 2.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:21 am

ER is the ideal internet forum. It is large enough that it consistently has new posts and discussions, but it's small enough that everyone knows each other and one can establish an identity among the community. It has many great posters, and the mods really aren't that bad.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:43 am

Paladin wrote:ER is the ideal internet forum. It is large enough that it consistently has new posts and discussions, but it's small enough that everyone knows each other and one can establish an identity among the community. It has many great posters, and the mods really aren't that bad.

Is this your 'Don't Ban Whistle' grovel? By the way, internet forums that become stale, aren't ideal.

Last edited by precinct14 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
precinct14
precinct14

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:44 am

Doc Watson wrote: I have always seen you as a very sensible and good poster.

Thankyou. So have I. Laughing
precinct14
precinct14

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:54 am

This forum is very nice. Maybe it's a bit too much for me due to my lack of culture hehehe all you intellectual simulacrers Razz
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:15 am

precinct14 wrote:Is this your 'Don't Ban Whistle' grovel?

Nope.

By the way, internet forums that become stale, aren't ideal.

Did I say they were?

And if ER is "stale," why do you keep going back?

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:26 am

Paladin wrote:And if ER is "stale," why do you keep going back?

Who says I keep going back- apart from you? BTW, were you allowed to stay back in over there, for crawling up Hal Jones' ass, over here?
precinct14
precinct14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:39 am

I don't know, ask him.

I've never had anything against the mods there or the forum in general, which is why I register new accounts immediately after they ban me. If I didn't like it there, why would I keep posting? I could just stay at this boring place.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 am

Doc Watson wrote:Our job in any forums that we belong is within the limits of our abilities to post the best posts we can , to be supportive and encouraging to other members even if we do not agree with some of thier posts.
Hey Doc...are you one of the posters who sometimes post when he / she has been drinking to much alcohol ? (which leads to inconsistency)

Not to get into any cyberdrama but you have encouraged me to vist / post here less and less because of the question:
Doc Watson wrote:Why did you bother to start this thread ?
I felt like responding with: What kind of DUMBFUCK question is that ? Since I don't engage in behavior like that (and really don't want to start) I didn't bother to ! If this place isn't a user friendly one...I just won't come here, which would be no great lose (?) to me or the site.

I think precincts following post really hits the nail on the head.
precinct14 wrote:Don't forget, for some, the ideal internet forum is a place where they can abuse others. Some are looking for company, the exchange of ideas and interests. Mostly, it's a wonderful tool for killing time.
Since my thread wasn't about abusing anyone, I think it would have to fall under it's a wonderful tool for killing time.

So to review...I am some certified nut with to much time on my hands and I spend alot of it on the WWW just killing time !

Anyhow...your OP was a bit fragmented...what was the question again ?

Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ? Bob-dylan-studio
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:12 am

silviando wrote:This forum is very nice. Maybe it's a bit too much for me due to my lack of culture hehehe all you intellectual simulacrers Razz
I agree , more members would broaden the base and promote more debate , but hopefully that will change with time and the Forum will expand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:16 am

Old Mack wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:Our job in any forums that we belong is within the limits of our abilities to post the best posts we can , to be supportive and encouraging to other members even if we do not agree with some of thier posts.
Hey Doc...are you one of the posters who sometimes post when he / she has been drinking to much alcohol ? (which leads to inconsistency)

Not to get into any cyberdrama but you have encouraged me to vist / post here less and less because of the question:
Doc Watson wrote:Why did you bother to start this thread ?
I felt like responding with: What kind of DUMBFUCK question is that ? Since I don't engage in behavior like that (and really don't want to start) I didn't bother to ! If this place isn't a user friendly one...I just won't come here, which would be no great lose (?) to me or the site.

I think precincts following post really hits the nail on the head.
precinct14 wrote:Don't forget, for some, the ideal internet forum is a place where they can abuse others. Some are looking for company, the exchange of ideas and interests. Mostly, it's a wonderful tool for killing time.
Since my thread wasn't about abusing anyone, I think it would have to fall under it's a wonderful tool for killing time.

So to review...I am some certified nut with to much time on my hands and I spend alot of it on the WWW just killing time !

Anyhow...your OP was a bit fragmented...what was the question again ?

Does The Ideal Internet Forum Exist Anywhere ? Bob-dylan-studio
Oldmack I love your posts . I am sorry if I offended you.
I never post under the inflence of alcohol.
And the reason I asked why did you start this thread was to gain an understanding . I believe you did explain .
keep on posting !

Last edited by Doc Watson on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fine tuning)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:01 am

Gosh, I sure hope a Still Mack vs God Watson feud is impending.
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:25 am

Simulacrum wrote:Gosh, I sure hope a Still Mack vs God Watson feud is impending.

lol!
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:48 am

Emu/Watson has the opportunity of contributing something of substance to AATU by starting a "Coin Collecting" thread in the Paintings and Photography section, an opportunity he surely cannot fail to grasp.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:57 am

eddie wrote:

Emu/Watson has the opportunity of contributing something of substance to AATU by starting a "Coin Collecting" thread in the Paintings and Photography section, an opportunity he surely cannot fail to grasp.

I wouldn't COUNT on it Very Happy
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:05 am

[quote="Nah Ville Sky Chick"]I wouldn't COUNT on it Very Happy [/quote

To the best of my recollection, all we've had so far of any consequence are a few remarks on sporting topics but I feel confident that he will grasp this suggestion with both hands.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next