all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse

+2
eddie
Nah Ville Sky Chick
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse - Page 2 Empty Re: The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:22 am

Let us remember this is not a thread about my posts , it is a thread about a very talented singer who sadly died far too young.

Back to top Go down

The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse - Page 2 Empty Re: The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse

Post  tatiana Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm

[quote="Doc Watson"]
Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:
Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:^^

You really are a complete idiot clown

"She was simply an alclholic and drug addict who had no idea of her own worth or how to cure herself.. "

What's that if not a judgement.
Thank you for your assesment and judgement of me as I said I was just reporting and summarising journalist's comments about what had happened the particular one you have chosen to comment on was actually made by Tanya Gold a London based free lance journalist.

If you are quoting someone else try putting quotes around the sentence and crediting the person, that way I wouldn't have assumed it was your very own work.[/quote
I did , you were so keen to bag me you did not check.

Nash, we need a 'strangling another person' smilie.......

I love you
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:24 pm

Doc Watson wrote:Let us remember this is not a thread about my posts , it is a thread about a very talented singer who sadly died far too young.

NO, now it is all about you. I love the way you edited that post, problem is you had already been quoted. Suspect

Would you like to be banned? I am happy to oblige, because I still think you are a fake and contribute absolutely nothing to this site, whatsoever. tongue
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:16 pm

[quote="Doc Watson"]
Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:
Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:^^

You really are a complete idiot clown

"She was simply an alclholic and drug addict who had no idea of her own worth or how to cure herself.. "

What's that if not a judgement.
Thank you for your assesment and judgement of me as I said I was just reporting and summarising journalist's comments about what had happened the particular one you have chosen to comment on was actually made by Tanya Gold a London based free lance journalist.

If you are quoting someone else try putting quotes around the sentence and crediting the person, that way I wouldn't have assumed it was your very own work.[/quote
I did , you were so keen to bag me you did not check.
Classic. Quote of the year monkey . What was the point of that brazen lie? Emu being ironic? jocolor

Sleep Sleep Carry on No scratch geek The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse - Page 2 3874208089 . Sleep Sleep
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Miss Winehouse & Sir Michael

tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote: I love the way you edited that post, problem is you had already been quoted. Suspect

tongue

Nash,
he did exactly the same thing to me, and i was calling him on it in one of my last posts, just before ATU (the first one) imploded......

EMU.
same, same...
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Miss Winehouse and Mr Jagger....

love her or not, she is the one who is the centre of the Stones attention, and that has to be a good thing....
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:45 pm

To be fair, presuming she died through drugs or alcahol is surely just a common-sense guess? And I agree Doc, all this 'dying at 27 club' crap is nonsense and belittles her death.
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 pm

tatiana wrote:Miss Winehouse and Mr Jagger....

love her or not, she is the one who is the centre of the Stones attention, and that has to be a good thing....

Hadn't seen that before, very good. Mick and Amy sound great together!!
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:Hadn't seen that before, very good. Mick and Amy sound great together!!

she has her eyes on him throughout most of the song, lucky girl
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:42 am

Clarence LeRoy Van Cleef wrote:To be fair, presuming she died through drugs or alcahol is surely just a common-sense guess? And I agree Doc, all this 'dying at 27 club' crap is nonsense and belittles her death.
Thank you . I just hope that there is some unreleased material that is so good that when released it will remind people how great she was.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:33 am

Doc Watson wrote:
Thank you . I just hope that there is some unreleased material that is so good that when released it will remind people how great she was.

You're obviously a glass half full kind of guy. My initial reaction is to hope that no further stuff is released. Posthumous albums can often consist of everything the musician ever did, including their farts.
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  TinyMontgomery Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:30 am

Laughing

Seriously, I'd probably buy an album's worth of Amy Winehouse's farts if only to piss off unwanted guests...
TinyMontgomery
TinyMontgomery

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:26 pm

The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse - Page 2 Article-1312477706758-0D4485B200000578-128379_636x424

Amy Winehouse's Camden Square tribute signs stolen by thieves

Four of the Camden Square signs covered in moving tribute messages for the late Amy Winehouse have been stolen by thieves overnight.

There are plans to open her former house in Camden Square as a Rehab clinic.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Woo wrote:I've played the album 'Back to Black' over and over since hearing the news

Back to Black has gone to Number One in the UK album charts.

I think I'll splash out on a copy myself.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Woo wrote:I've played the album 'Back to Black' over and over since hearing the news. What a terrible loss. I remember it was late '06 or early '07 when I heard Rehad song on the radio. Then I heard 'Back to Black' and I had to have the album without hearing some of the other songs first. What a voice. A voice that I'd like to sleep with.

I'd say more...

"For why
Will man lament the state he should envie?
To have so soon scap'd worlds and fleshes rage,
And, if no other miserie, yet age?"

Ben Jonson....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_My_First_Sonne

embedded and won't play. Basketball

i'll look at youtube and find it
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:18 pm

eddie wrote:The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse - Page 2 Article-1312477706758-0D4485B200000578-128379_636x424

Amy Winehouse's Camden Square tribute signs stolen by thieves

Four of the Camden Square signs covered in moving tribute messages for the late Amy Winehouse have been stolen by thieves overnight.

There are plans to open her former house in Camden Square as a Rehab clinic.

some people just cannot keep their thieving fingers to themselves..... scratch

what a great idea - about the rehab clinic.
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:54 am

eddie wrote:
Woo wrote:I've played the album 'Back to Black' over and over since hearing the news

Back to Black has gone to Number One in the UK album charts.

I think I'll splash out on a copy myself.

Oh do, you won't be disappointed. Only problem is if you are a little fragile on the LUV front, it may be a bit much. I think she wrote it when she spit up with Blakey affraid
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 am

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:Only problem is if you are a little fragile on the LUV front, it may be a bit much. I think she wrote it when she spit up with Blakey affraid

affraid affraid affraid
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:30 am

The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse - Page 2 Blakey56

Not this Blakey affraid
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:40 am

^ lol!
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 am

Winehouse inquest papers mix-up
Press Association

The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse - Page 2 UKNews2510201115422810-1
There was a mix-up over papers relating to Amy Winehouse's inquest, police say.

Information relating to the inquest into the death of singer Amy Winehouse was sent to the wrong address, police have admitted.

Police were informed on Friday that material concerning Winehouse had been delivered to the wrong property. It was later handed in at a police station in north London.

Scotland Yard said: "Police were informed on Friday October 21 that material relating to a forthcoming inquest may have been delivered to an incorrect address.

"That Friday evening the material was handed in to a police station in north London.

"Inquiries are now under way to establish the full circumstances of this matter."

The Back to Black singer was found dead at her flat in north London on July 23. Because of her very public battles with drink and drugs, news of her death was quickly followed by suggestions it could be related to one or the other but toxicology results showed there were no illegal substances in her body when she died.

A family statement said: "Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death

"Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death."

An initial post-mortem examination proved inconclusive and an inquest was opened and adjourned with no cause of death given for the 27-year-old star.

The inquest into her death is due to be reopened at St Pancras Coroners Court in London on Wednesday.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:05 am

Seems a 3-day vodka binge carried off poor Amy- after 3 weeks of abstinence from the demon drink. Empty bottles found near the body. Her frail constitution couldn't take it.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:21 am

eddie wrote:Seems a 3-day vodka binge carried off poor Amy- after 3 weeks of abstinence from the demon drink. Empty bottles found near the body. Her frail constitution couldn't take it.
Yes a tragic end.

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:30 am

Amy Winehouse remembered by Mark Ronson

She was one of those magical people who burn more brightly than the rest of us…

Mark Ronson

The Observer, Sunday 11 December 2011

The continuing adventures of Amy Winehouse - Page 2 Ronson-and-winehouse-at-B-007
Best friends: Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse perform at The Brit awards in 2008. Photograph: Mark Allan/WireImage

It sounds creepy, but I used to love going to visit Amy at the London Clinic. Every now and then she'd get tired of the drink and she'd check herself into this private hospital about five minutes' taxi from Camden. It was her way of cleaning up, on her own terms, without having to go to rehab.

She'd go in. I'd call her. "Where are you?" "I'm in the clinic, getting dry." "Oh, um, sorry to hear it." "What are you sorry about? I'm the idiot who got myself into this state." And that was her attitude towards it. She had little time for emotions like pity anyway; she only liked the big ones: Love, Heartbreak, Death, etc. Once in, she'd make these miraculously speedy recoveries. It didn't matter how messed up she'd been for the past however long, how slurred her words had been when I had run into her just three days earlier. Day 2 in that place and it was the old Amy again, the Amy that I had met five years ago. She had her brilliant mind back, her razor-sharp wit, and a warmth, a beautiful lovingness that was sometimes obscured in the depths of abuse. I would hang out in her room there for hours and not ever want to leave, like a sleepover at your best friend's house when you're 13 years old.

I introduced her to the TV show Arrested Development and we'd watch seven episodes in a row and she'd impersonate the bumbling character Gob, while whirring around her hospital room on an imaginary Segway (you know, that weird space-scooter that all grown-ups look ridiculous on). I'd mention in passing that I had a problem with my foot and she would ring a bell and demand a visit from the clinic's head of podiatry, and, embarrassed, I would remove my sock and show him my three-year-old verruca.

I would urge her not to smoke but she'd somehow manage to convince me to stand lookout while she snuck a cigarette behind some locked fire door, next to some huge generator with a giant flaming hazard sign on it, that looked liked it could have gone up like Hiroshima if she had flicked ash on it.

She could charm you into doing ridiculous things. There are people on this earth (they certainly don't have to be famous) and they're just a bit more magical than the rest of us. And you want to be around them because the magic rubs off a bit, and you feel a bit more special when they're around. My best friend, Max, died about five years ago. And he had that same effect on people. Maybe the magical ones burn a bit brighter than the rest of us, so they don't get to be here as long. Either way, it sucks when they go.

Looking back on it now, it's obvious to me that the main reason I enjoyed spending time with Amy in that clinic was because it was so full of hope. In my mind, thinking, "Great, she's sober and this time it's for good. This is how it's always going to be, just like when we met." It was an incredibly naive and somewhat selfish dream which removed anything she was going through emotionally and physically from the scenario. Nevertheless, it was a dream I would happily buy into each time she checked herself in there.

I get annoyed now thinking of all the extra time I could have spent in there with her but didn't, maybe because I was hanging out with some girl or spending too much time in the studio, because being in that hospital room with Amy were some of the most magical times we ever had.
[/img]
Best friends: Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse perform at The Brit awards in 2008. Photograph: Mark Allan/WireImage

It sounds creepy, but I used to love going to visit Amy at the London Clinic. Every now and then she'd get tired of the drink and she'd check herself into this private hospital about five minutes' taxi from Camden. It was her way of cleaning up, on her own terms, without having to go to rehab.

She'd go in. I'd call her. "Where are you?" "I'm in the clinic, getting dry." "Oh, um, sorry to hear it." "What are you sorry about? I'm the idiot who got myself into this state." And that was her attitude towards it. She had little time for emotions like pity anyway; she only liked the big ones: Love, Heartbreak, Death, etc. Once in, she'd make these miraculously speedy recoveries. It didn't matter how messed up she'd been for the past however long, how slurred her words had been when I had run into her just three days earlier. Day 2 in that place and it was the old Amy again, the Amy that I had met five years ago. She had her brilliant mind back, her razor-sharp wit, and a warmth, a beautiful lovingness that was sometimes obscured in the depths of abuse. I would hang out in her room there for hours and not ever want to leave, like a sleepover at your best friend's house when you're 13 years old.

I introduced her to the TV show Arrested Development and we'd watch seven episodes in a row and she'd impersonate the bumbling character Gob, while whirring around her hospital room on an imaginary Segway (you know, that weird space-scooter that all grown-ups look ridiculous on). I'd mention in passing that I had a problem with my foot and she would ring a bell and demand a visit from the clinic's head of podiatry, and, embarrassed, I would remove my sock and show him my three-year-old verruca.

I would urge her not to smoke but she'd somehow manage to convince me to stand lookout while she snuck a cigarette behind some locked fire door, next to some huge generator with a giant flaming hazard sign on it, that looked liked it could have gone up like Hiroshima if she had flicked ash on it.

She could charm you into doing ridiculous things. There are people on this earth (they certainly don't have to be famous) and they're just a bit more magical than the rest of us. And you want to be around them because the magic rubs off a bit, and you feel a bit more special when they're around. My best friend, Max, died about five years ago. And he had that same effect on people. Maybe the magical ones burn a bit brighter than the rest of us, so they don't get to be here as long. Either way, it sucks when they go.

Looking back on it now, it's obvious to me that the main reason I enjoyed spending time with Amy in that clinic was because it was so full of hope. In my mind, thinking, "Great, she's sober and this time it's for good. This is how it's always going to be, just like when we met." It was an incredibly naive and somewhat selfish dream which removed anything she was going through emotionally and physically from the scenario. Nevertheless, it was a dream I would happily buy into each time she checked herself in there.

I get annoyed now thinking of all the extra time I could have spent in there with her but didn't, maybe because I was hanging out with some girl or spending too much time in the studio, because being in that hospital room with Amy were some of the most magical times we ever had.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2