all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you wanted to say......

+23
Mac Doobie
AmandafromCali
this and that
blue moon
nombre de otro
senorita
fiberNz
Andy
Lee Van Queef
eddie
precinct14
Dick Fitzwell
Old Mack
ISN
sil
felix
Constance
LaRue
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Blondie
tigerlily
tatiana
27 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 11 Empty Re: Things you wanted to say......

Post  Lee Van Queef Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:49 am

You're all heartless bastards, I don't know why I put up with you. bounce
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 11 Empty Re: Things you wanted to say......

Post  Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:16 am

Look who's jealous now

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:51 pm

TickleCockBridge wrote:You're all heartless bastards, I don't know why I put up with you. bounce

Because you love us, and would be bored without us.

Laughing I love you sunny
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:14 am

I've been sick for over a week

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:17 am

Paladin wrote:I've been sick for over a week

What's wrong with you?
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:48 am

Paladin wrote:I've been sick for over a week
...have you been to a doctor?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:19 am

...paladin, I hope you're feeling better now. Did you have a flu?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 am

No I didn't have the flu. I FEEL fine right now but I can barely speak and my ears are fucked.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:22 pm

...at this advanced stage in my life I've become interested in Bob Dylan...shock...

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:34 pm

blue moon wrote:...at this advanced stage in my life I've become interested in Bob Dylan...shock...

Better late than Never..
I love you
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:01 pm

blue moon wrote:...at this advanced stage in my life I've become interested in Bob Dylan...shock...

What happened to make you interested? Random hearing a tune on the radio...?
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:32 am

...paladin and felix posted this so I gave it a whirl,

then I started to click on "Dylan" posts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:33 am

How did you find this place if you were interested in Dylan?

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:00 am

...I'm curious about artistic madmen. I googled "Antonin Artaud and Vincent Van Gogh" and clicked on a link that led to a post by eddie.
When he and andy discussed electroshock treatments...also an interest of mine...I really wanted to add to the conversation, so I registered as a member.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:20 am

blue moon wrote:...I'm curious about artistic madmen.

And you haven't listened to Bob Dylan til now?

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:03 am

...first time I heard Dylan was when his first album arrived in town. Someone had ordered it from a record club (it was vinyl). First song I heard was 'Lay Lady Lay', and it takes me straight back to that time.

'Desire' was one of 6 cassette tapes I listened to on a bus to Greece, not long after that album was released. Any song from that album takes me straight back to the island I ended up on for 6 months, and the sun and sand (I listened exclusively to those 6 cassettes).

Another boyfriend who was a musician played Dylan compulsively through the late 80s - early 90s so I've got a handle on songs Dylan released then. Feigned a fair degree of affection for Dylan's songs which I didn't really feel because of the boyfriend (not a good idea). Came to associate Dylan with that boyfriend so stopped listening to Dylan when relationship disintegrated badly. Same boyfriend did the support once for a Dylan show and Dylan's performance was horrible.

...am interested in artistic madmen and starting to suspect Dylan is almost there

I need to learn to post brief answers, don't I?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:21 pm

...old muso boyfriend left a dylan biography and a songbook behind all those years ago. Will look in them and report back Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:37 pm

...book looks interesting. "Behind the Shades, the Biography" by Clinton Heylin. 1991. Anyone read it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:50 pm

p. 152.

Bob Dylan: It's fine if they use pot and LSD and heroin. I mean that's groovy...To know pot - or to know any drug - is fine; and it's not going to fuck you up ... I mean, LSD is a medicine. You take it and you know...you don't really have to keep taking it all the time. [1965]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:04 pm

pinhedz wrote:Please do--I'd be interested in knowing if anyone ever reported seeing him ingest any solid food during that period. drunken

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 11 Tumblr_ll1wooqt9b1qf066po1_500

It might be he was skinny but he had strong legs...

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 11 Rhode_Island_63_08b

Moony, if you want to be a true Dylan fan you have to become highly interested in pictures of him... http://dylanstubs.com/pictures/welcome.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:11 pm

blue moon wrote:...book looks interesting. "Behind the Shades, the Biography" by Clinton Heylin. 1991. Anyone read it?

Yes. It's OK. But if you're relatively new to Dylan, I would advise listening to his albums rather than reading about them/him.
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:03 am

Yesterday they told me a girl I knew died the day before yesterday. She was my age and although she had serious health problems and we knew she was probably going to die soon it is sad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:22 am

Sorry to hear that asdf.
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:36 am

I didn't know her well. I only knew her from spending some weekend nights together through the years.

She had only 25% of her pulmonary capacity and still, a friend told me, a month ago she sang three songs in a row while playing guitar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:34 am

Things you wanted to say...... - Page 11 Cupcake_dog_flashback

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next