all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden.

+6
ISN
tigerlily
tatiana
felix
Nah Ville Sky Chick
eddie
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. Empty Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden.

Post  eddie Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:25 am

Recount your gardening adventures here!

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 77
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

Last edited by eddie on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. Empty Re: Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:29 pm

I like do do gardening.
I tend to mainly do maintenance and replantings etc ., I am not a creative gardener.
We have recently ended 15 years of drought . During which time I only had succes with rhubarb.
This summer I was able to grow tomatos, potatoes , maize, pumpkins, strawberries and blackberries as well as some flowers.

Back to top Go down

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. Empty Re: Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden.

Post  eddie Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Constance's illustrations from the old ATU site of Chinese Terrace Planting:

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 800px-Terrace_field_yunnan_china

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. Guilin-rice-terrace10

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. Banner_05

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 00114320c9510946d1a411

Last edited by eddie on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:47 pm

My bannana palms died during our severe winter. However, we have had a glorious sunny past week, and I have 7 new little ones that have popped up Very Happy
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:32 am

Nash's banana palm is dead! Sad Sad

Long live Nash's banana palm! cheers cheers cheers
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:04 am

felix wrote:Nash's banana palm is dead! Sad Sad

Long live Nash's banana palm! cheers cheers cheers

Did I spell bannana wrong or did you? Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 2839888827
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:21 am

^ I'll give you a clue - it wasn't a cat... Very Happy No cat Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 4242516590
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:33 am

^^

I don't deserve a living bannana palm if I can't spell banana Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 968971161 < he's cute isn't he?
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:14 am

i bought some little native tree seedlings the other day.
the garden and yard here is so unlandscaped, i just hope now that i can get them planted in the ground before they die.
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:23 pm

I like watching the things I have planted , grow and change.

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun May 29, 2011 6:36 am

Some photos from the Aldgate Tube station garden from a couple of years back, beginning with the memorial plaque to the victims of the 7/7 bombings who died on a Circle Line train as it was approaching the station:

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. E7b9l2
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun May 29, 2011 6:43 am

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. X2tbop
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun May 29, 2011 6:45 am

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 24509px
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun May 29, 2011 6:48 am

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 97odg4
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun May 29, 2011 6:50 am

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. Ok8p6e
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:29 pm

Winter starts here nerxt week , but I am still picking tomatoes and silver beet from my garden and there are 2 pumpkins left.

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerlily Mon May 30, 2011 11:13 am

I am not a gardner (too lazy) but yesterday i bought a digging shovel, a trowel, some gardening gloves, and a hose....with the intention of putting some tomatoe plants into the ground tomorrow. I also hope to bring some perrenials home from my mom's yard to also stick into the ground. I promise to water all of this and hope for the best Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 3504830471 sunny flower
tigerlily
tigerlily
burning bright

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Mon May 30, 2011 11:48 am

^^^^
best of luck with the gardening, tigerlily. I love you

if it is anything like my gardening efforts lately....they will be dead in a couple of weeks, anyway. Embarassed
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 3:22 pm

tigerlily wrote:I am not a gardner (too lazy) but yesterday i bought a digging shovel, a trowel, some gardening gloves, and a hose....with the intention of putting some tomatoe plants into the ground tomorrow. I also hope to bring some perrenials home from my mom's yard to also stick into the ground. I promise to water all of this and hope for the best Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 3504830471 sunny flower
Make sure all danger of frost is gone before you plant the toiatos , otherwise put in pots and take out daily until then.

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerlily Mon May 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Doc Watson wrote:
tigerlily wrote:I am not a gardner (too lazy) but yesterday i bought a digging shovel, a trowel, some gardening gloves, and a hose....with the intention of putting some tomatoe plants into the ground tomorrow. I also hope to bring some perrenials home from my mom's yard to also stick into the ground. I promise to water all of this and hope for the best Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 3504830471 sunny flower
Make sure all danger of frost is gone before you plant the toiatos , otherwise put in pots and take out daily until then.

No frost danger here anymore....today it will be 90 degrees (F) and very windy.

Doc, do you think I could put the tomatoe plants into big pots and just let them grow there instead of in the ground? My space is very limited and I would like to have more flowers than tomatoes. The available sunny space is right in front of my front porch, and I am not against having tomatoes in the front yard, but would prefer to fill that area with color. I could keep the pots of tomatoes on the porch.
tigerlily
tigerlily
burning bright

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2011 12:13 am

tigerlily wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:

No frost danger here anymore....today it will be 90 degrees (F) and very windy.

Doc, do you think I could put the tomatoe plants into big pots and just let them grow there instead of in the ground? My space is very limited and I would like to have more flowers than tomatoes. The available sunny space is right in front of my front porch, and I am not against having tomatoes in the front yard, but would prefer to fill that area with color. I could keep the pots of tomatoes on the porch.
I think that would be a good way to go. Home grown tomatos are among the best vegetables you can grow.

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerlily Tue May 31, 2011 12:46 pm

Digging in the dirt can be so satisfying....I didn't really know that until today.

I ended up putting the tomatoe plants in the ground. I didn't get as many flowers from my mom, so had the room in front of the porch.
tigerlily
tigerlily
burning bright

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Tue May 31, 2011 2:52 pm

today i b0ught a small hand sh0vel, fork & weeder thingy, my stepfather likes planting things, and the new yard here is unlandscaped.

native trees is what i will be gr0wing.
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Spring in the air! Time to think about the garden. 479px-Vincent_Willem_van_Gogh_128
Vase with 12 sunflowers (1888). Vincent Van Gogh. Oil on canvas

eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 am

mid winter and I am still picking tomatoes Amazing !

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next