An Italian perspective on the Beatles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  felix on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:48 am

Wouldn't THAT be nice!
avatar
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Posts : 831
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : see the chicken?

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  Dick Fitzwell on Mon May 02, 2011 5:37 am

The Beatles actually did suck though and the only reason they are revered is because of pure hype and record sales. The only people who think the Beatles are good are 50 year old women (or at least they are the only people that SHOULD think the Beatles are good- plenty of other people have been suckered in by the hype).

Dick Fitzwell

Posts : 591
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 26
Location : Wayoutisphere

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  tatiana on Mon May 02, 2011 12:13 pm

pinhedz wrote:
Captain Hi-Top wrote:The Beatles actually did suck though and the only reason they are revered is because of pure hype and record sales. The only people who think the Beatles are good are 50 year old women (or at least they are the only people that SHOULD think the Beatles are good- plenty of other people have been suckered in by the hype).
You say that 50-yer-old women SHOULD like the Beatles.

Why should they.


and, why should we....


avatar
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 58
Location : Here & Now

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  tatiana on Mon May 02, 2011 12:27 pm

pinhedz wrote:
Captain Hi-Top wrote:The Beatles actually did suck though and the only reason they are revered is because of pure hype and record sales. The only people who think the Beatles are good are 50 year old women (or at least they are the only people that SHOULD think the Beatles are good- plenty of other people have been suckered in by the hype).
Before we get off on a tangent, let's hear the answer to this first:

You say that 50-yer-old women SHOULD like the Beatles.

Why should they?


i am 50 and i like the Beatles.


i am curious as to why 50 year old women are regularly targeted when the conversation turns to 'liking a certain musician' or whatever.

and why should the Beatles be good for only one section of the community?
they are well liked over many different ages and generations.


the Beatles are well liked because their music is friendly and peaceful (mostly anyway).


(No tangents here Pinz, it is MOnday morning, i am tired and running late) silent
avatar
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 58
Location : Here & Now

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  Dick Fitzwell on Mon May 02, 2011 1:37 pm

pinhedz wrote:You say that 50-yer-old women SHOULD like the Beatles.

Why should they.

The Beatles' music is music for little girls. The little girls of the 60s are now old women.

Dick Fitzwell

Posts : 591
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 26
Location : Wayoutisphere

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  Dick Fitzwell on Mon May 02, 2011 2:29 pm

pinhedz wrote:Doesn't follow; if they're 50 now, they aren't little girls now, so it follows that 50-year-old women SHOULD NOT like the Beatles music for little girls. Only girls that are little girls now SHOULD be liking it.

Faulty logic and internal inconsistency will undermine your credibility every time--in fact this has already been happening.

It does follow, you're just being a pedantic douche-ass.

The people that the Beatles' music was made for are now 50+ year old women. Anyone other than 50+ year old women that listen to the Beatles should be ashamed of themselves.

Dick Fitzwell

Posts : 591
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 26
Location : Wayoutisphere

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  tatiana on Mon May 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Captain Hi-Top wrote:The people that the Beatles' music was made for are now 50+ year old women. Anyone other than 50+ year old women that listen to the Beatles should be ashamed of themselves.

rubbish....

lots of those songs were written for men.


avatar
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 58
Location : Here & Now

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  Dick Fitzwell on Tue May 03, 2011 3:38 am

pinhedz wrote:No, it does not follow, and I showed you it doesn't.

You are now saying that the 50+ year old women who listen to the Beatles SHOULD NOT be ashamed of themselves, even though thy are listening to music for little girls. Explain that if you can.

It does follow, you did not show that it doesn't, you were just being a pedantic douche-ass.

It's the music they grew up listening to and were told to listen to their entire lives, I can't fault them for it but I can fault other people that should know better.

Little girls of today don't listen to the Beatles because they have more interesting music to listen to, like Justin Bieber.

Dick Fitzwell

Posts : 591
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 26
Location : Wayoutisphere

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  felix on Fri May 13, 2011 12:11 am

Captain Hi-Top wrote: The Beatles' music is music for little girls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maz9ddxEQnM - music for little girls fascinated/horrified by 19 shillings in the pound (90%) 'supertax', and the role of the UK Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition in its imposition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78&feature=related - music for little girls hoping to elicit Moptops' help in overthrowing the state. The MOptops ain't gonna help you, little girl.
avatar
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Posts : 831
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : see the chicken?

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  Dick Fitzwell on Fri May 13, 2011 2:40 am

You act as if those songs are actually deep or meaningful in any way... (or GOOD, which of course neither of them are)

Dick Fitzwell

Posts : 591
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 26
Location : Wayoutisphere

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick on Fri May 13, 2011 2:45 am

Captain Hi-Top wrote:You act as if those songs are actually deep or meaningful in any way... (or GOOD, which of course neither of them are)

You are having a laugh aren't you?

_________________
"Celine Dion and Oprah have given more to the world than any living member of the british royal family." - Captain Hi-Top
avatar
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  Dick Fitzwell on Fri May 13, 2011 2:51 am

I don't see anything particularly funny about boy bands...

Dick Fitzwell

Posts : 591
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 26
Location : Wayoutisphere

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  felix on Fri May 13, 2011 3:01 am

Captain Hi-Top wrote:You act as if those songs are actually deep or meaningful in any way... (or GOOD, which of course neither of them are)
I act in no such way, as you well know. I post those songs as ironic examples to prove your point:
Captain Hi-Top wrote:
The Beatles' music is music for little girls
- to be silly. Which it is. The songs posted are, in fact, REALLY VERY GOOD pop records.



Last edited by felix on Fri May 13, 2011 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Posts : 831
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : see the chicken?

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  Dick Fitzwell on Fri May 13, 2011 3:15 am

Right up there with Bieber and NSYNC

Dick Fitzwell

Posts : 591
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 26
Location : Wayoutisphere

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  felix on Fri May 13, 2011 4:47 am

^ Who?

Juvenile myopia... Sleep
avatar
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Posts : 831
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : see the chicken?

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  Dick Fitzwell on Fri May 13, 2011 5:27 am

senile myopia... Rolling Eyes

Dick Fitzwell

Posts : 591
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 26
Location : Wayoutisphere

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  precinct14 on Fri May 13, 2011 5:48 am

Captain Hi-Top wrote:I love Barry Manilow.
Regular little shocker, aren't you? Sleep
avatar
precinct14
Coming up empty from the piggy bank?

Posts : 297
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: An Italian perspective on the Beatles

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum