all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there many good Beatles live shows that I should download?

2 posters

Go down

Are there many good Beatles live shows that I should download? Empty Are there many good Beatles live shows that I should download?

Post  felix Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:21 pm

felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Are there many good Beatles live shows that I should download? Empty Re: Are there many good Beatles live shows that I should download?

Post  precinct14 Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:52 am

They say that unless you saw The Beatles perform at the Cavern, you never truly saw them perform. I guess you could include Hamburg's Star Club in that equation. I love the fact that the January 1969 final rooftop performance demonstrates how brilliantly they could turn it over, live.
precinct14
precinct14
Coming up empty from the piggy bank?

Back to top Go down

Are there many good Beatles live shows that I should download? Empty Re: Are there many good Beatles live shows that I should download?

Post  felix Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:14 am

A lorra lorra people saw 'em perform between 62 and 66. I'd imagine very few heard 'em. I never saw them; had tickets for the Roy Orbison show, support act, The Beatles, in late 62 (if I remember right: don't think it was as late as early 63 Suspect - google may confirm). The young lady who was to accompany me dropped me - and I flogged the tickets. heigh ho! Very Happy I don't think I'd've enjoyed it - screamin' Beatlemania had already erupted...

EDIT: wikipedia confirms the Orbison/Beatles tour was, in fact, in May/June 63. I probably had tickets for the 1 June show at Tooting Granada. By that time the show had become The Beatles/Roy Orbison tour. And Beatlemania had exploded.
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down