all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bees

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bees - Page 2 Empty Re: Bees

Post  Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:06 pm

1 Samuel 43

Then Saul said to Jonathan, Tell me what thou hast done. And Jonathan told him, and said, I did but taste a little honey with the end of the rod that was in mine hand, and, lo, I must die.

King James Bible.

Back to top Go down

Bees - Page 2 Empty Re: Bees

Post  eddie Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:08 am

Bees - Page 2 Holy+bee+logo+isey

Wiki

E.L. Wisty was a fictional character played by comedian Peter Cook throughout his career. A bland, monotonal know-it-all, he was usually presented in the form of monologues and sketches in which he bores members of the public.

Originally titled Mr. Boylett after the table butler at Radley College, Cook's secondary school, Cook delighted school friends with impressions of Boylett, telling bizarre tales including that of the Holy Bee of Ephesus — a bee that had flown three times around the crucified Jesus — and how he would buy various inanimate objects when he thought he saw them move.

When Cook was encouraged to transfer these tales to stage monologues at Cambridge, he changed the name of his character to Mr Arthur Grole, then to E.L. Wisty.

***********************************************************************************

Sadly, Wisty's "Holy Bee of Ephesus" monologue does not appear to be available on youtube.

Cook did attempt to raise the subject of Beekeeping again decades later in the "Why Bother?" exchanges between Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling and Chris Morris, but Morris insisted on diverting the conversation instead to Sir Arthur's discovery of the fossilised remains of the infant Christ.

eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum