all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is everybody happy with...

+2
felix
tatiana
6 posters

Go down

Is everybody happy with... Empty Re: Is everybody happy with...

Post  tatiana Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:43 pm

once upon a time, there was a little globe drawing, and then one day it mysteriously changed to the little green speech bubble.

what are our choices?
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:51 pm

out of those choices... i would choose the earth.

and the books second
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Hadn't noticed it... Embarassed

But if there's a choice What a Face - the black spirally thingy please.
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:33 pm

I like the black spiral too
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:10 am

I like the black spiral best, too.

A whirlwind of words...
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:33 am

black spiral or alien alien

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:04 am

it must be fun designing a board from scratch - tweaking it - picking all the functions.....getting it right.......

I'm glad you did it SJ, though, 'cause I don't think I would have done as good a job......maybe not worse......but different.......

I really like the results.........
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:38 am

Spaghetti Junction wrote:...that green speech bubble thingy that you see in your browser tab?

Because I could change it, you know?

alien

Douglas Adams

The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has — or rather had — a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, one girl sitting on her own in a small cafe in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.

Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terribly stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost forever.

This is not her story.

But it is the story of that terrible stupid catastrophe and some of its consequences...."

In short, my vote goes to the black spiral, too.

eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:03 pm

"And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, one girl sitting on her own in a small cafe in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.

Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terribly stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost forever.

This is not her story."

re the girl in Rickmansworth: it's rumoured she was last witnessed talking to this guy...

Is everybody happy with... Doctor_who_colin_baker

Last edited by blue moon on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : include quote)

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:40 pm

Spaghetti Junction wrote:Just tried the alien - it DOES work. If there aren't any serious objections, I'll stick with that.

Yes I love the alien from all across the universe!
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down