all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I didn't want to do it.....but I can't resist......

Go down

I didn't want to do it.....but I can't resist...... Empty I didn't want to do it.....but I can't resist......

Post  ISN Fri May 20, 2011 1:29 am

I wanted to keep my excited, almost rapturous anticipation of the new Terrence Malick film to myself for a while to savour it.......

I didn't want the cold gaze of ATU to fall on my sweet hopes.....hehehehe

but it's time now to discuss Terrence Malick.....and Teh Tree of Life......

I'll provide a trailer soon.....

The Thin Red Line is without a doubt my favourite film of all time......(including many really rather good films)

I suppose if ever a film could be compared to poetry - that's what he does, Malick......
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

I didn't want to do it.....but I can't resist...... Empty Re: I didn't want to do it.....but I can't resist......

Post  ISN Fri May 20, 2011 1:38 am

oops - sorry Embarassed

this is in literature not film.......

some subconscious admission of the auteur as poet

I don't think so - just a bit of a cock-up
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

I didn't want to do it.....but I can't resist...... Empty Re: I didn't want to do it.....but I can't resist......

Post  ISN Fri May 20, 2011 1:40 am

Strawberry Jam wrote:He's great, agreed. But I prefer both Days of Heaven and The New World over The Thin Red Line. That's only because I don't like watching war movies though.

I didn't want to do it.....but I can't resist...... 771281261

I suppose my obsession is war and religion and poetry and art (possibly music)

so to see them all mixed up in an amazing (this really is a case of no words to describe) motion picture......

I was in love with it when I watched it......I watched it frame by frame on the computer.....freezing and snapping frames to save for later........
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Fri May 20, 2011 2:18 am

I know.....(sigh)

I know......

what can you do...?

Colin Farrell is not my favourite actor either (he's way too Dublin and he's marketing that attitude like he invented it) but James Caviezel........I'd be his Mary Magdalene any day....(wolf whistle)

but, yeah, fukkin Brad Pitt......ah, well......we shall see......

whadya think of Sean Penn - brow a bit too furrowed for you?

Days of Heaven was SO beautiful........and what's his name......Richard Gere's reputation had preceded him so much when I watched the film that he seemed so out of place......he seemed too big for the beauty of the movie.....even though I think it was filmed when he was 'relatively unknown'.........

I reserve my opinion on Brad Pitt in the movie.......

he said it changed him forever.....hehehehe.....Razz
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Fri May 20, 2011 2:42 am

he kind of got in the way for me......him and his britches.......(which is Irish or American for breeches)

Colin Farrell also got in the way in New World.......the woman was so beautiful......but Colin Farrell transported from the streets of Dublin to a nascent American eden.......really didn't do it for me......what did you think of Christian Bale in it - I liked his role/acting

dya think this one will be the same......oh, no, please.....no!!!!

Brad Pitt is not gonna ruin my hopes and dreams........heheheh
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum