all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photography is not art

+5
ISN
felix
eddie
sil
Dick Fitzwell
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Photography is not art - Page 3 Empty Re: Photography is not art

Post  tudor.anghelina91 Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:48 pm

pinhedz wrote:That seems very well thought out (I'm sure Paladin wishes he could have said it like that Razz ).

Are you an art student?

Well, I study music, but that doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two about visual arts...

tudor.anghelina91

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:39 pm

pinhedz wrote:[I'm trying to remember who it was that said "Inspiration is 90% perspiration."]

As I recall, the saying goes: "Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration".
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  tudor.anghelina91 Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:19 am

pinhedz wrote:I think musicians often know a thing or two about the visual arts.

But if I might play devil's advocate, aren't you arguing that art is only art when it is the most laborious? You talk about how long and hard Michelangelo worked, but isn't much of that what you call "craft?"

The story of Salieri is a story of hard work mastering technique, without ever having the gift of Mozart, so should we call someone like Salieri an "artist" or a "craftsman?"

If Mozart perhaps did not work as hard as Salieri--does that mean that Salieri was the greater artist?

[I'm trying to remember who it was that said "Inspiration is 90% perspiration."]

Let us remember that Mozart worked too. He studied, he played the violin and the harpischord. Music is something that takes a couple of years to master. Music theory, harmony, counterpoint, music reading. I never said Salieri was not an artist, but he wasn't a great one just like Mozart. Salieri was a good composer, but he lacked feeling. I mean, photography is not as complicated regarding the technical part. I think anyone can take a picture if you show him how to push a button, but not anyone can write music down. Compared to Mozart, Salieri was a craftsman.

Regarding photography. Sure, there are marvelous photos out there, but you can't consider it an art just because it looks amazingly good, just like a carpenter builds a good-looking chair or table. You can't call him an artist, but a skilled craftsman with a good aestethic taste.

That quote belonged to Albert Einstein.

tudor.anghelina91

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Humor ¿Bella Arte?

Yo no sé, es que lo de arte, arte es un concepto que históricamente y tradicionalmente siempre ha estado tan unido a una serie de de de corsés tan snobs, quiero decir, que el arte histórico ha sido del hombre blanco (porque el arte africano era como neutro, no había nombres, era un arte general, genérico, vasijas) pero el arte con nombres, el arte con mayúsculas, el arte de pastaza ha sido siempre de hombres blancos, heterosexuales... o que desconocía su sexualidad, y ya en el momento en que son autoconscientes... ya se convierte aquello en una cosa terrible. Entonces yo espero que lo que yo hago nunca sea arte, no quiero formar parte de esa crème

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:30 pm

the concept art made its way into his world like that and he answers the question
neutro is someone who is not a participant, it is concretely no one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:18 pm

wtf??? you don't understand my anorexic language?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Photography is not art - Page 3 2116463008

it was a joke about me making posts dispensing with what is not so that in the end they aren't understood and it's not me. I blame you

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:53 pm

google translate must be a good idea because you might get the general meaning but you can't become picky about a line

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:01 am

never met them Photography is not art - Page 3 1614483555

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:38 pm

you might defeat tree-huggers but you'll never defeat Carlos Areces

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:51 pm

Lee Van Queef wrote:
pinhedz wrote: (I'm sure Paladin wishes he could have said it like that Razz ).

Laughing
ha ha yes Paladin was the bold fool who would have never written that

Just remember: when people like your photos, they just praise your photos and not your skill, or pseudo-art. You are just useful and you do moderate amount of work (if it includes post-processing and editing in photoshop).

ha ha this is life
back in 2011 user was the one that made sense

housewives chuckle condescendingly

Last edited by doktora evola on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3