all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UNREAL climate change thread

+4
senorita
Constance
Andy
eddie
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The UNREAL climate change thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The UNREAL climate change thread

Post  senorita Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:43 am

It's snowing in my room all you monkey dicks so I'm gonna have to kill the rest of ya still standing.

senorita
senorita

Back to top Go down

The UNREAL climate change thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The UNREAL climate change thread

Post  Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Climate changed is not undestood by most people.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Do you know what it really means?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:51 pm

I have found climate change is a mystery to most of the public, they think it just means global warming !!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  senorita Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Pinz is a trouble man. He's carrying on a debate here that is should be having somewhere else with someone that may or may not be reading along here. Certainly, Pinz is infected. Good...
senorita
senorita

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:53 am

senorita panties wrote:Pinz is a trouble man. He's carrying on a debate here that is should be having somewhere else with someone that may or may not be reading along here. Certainly, Pinz is infected. Good...
There is nothing wrong with the great man.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Looks like what is known as a normal curve to me!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:40 am

pinhedz wrote:Is Doc a skeptic--or a DENIER. Shocked
I am neither . I am a believer in clamate change.

Back to top Go down

Post  blue moon Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 pm

Is this discussion taking place at the moment, pinhedz?
blue moon
blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  this and that Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Have to read the whole thread, and in order... and contrast it with I don't know what (?) before deciding if pinhedz is just a lunatic posting on the internet. I believe he wouldn't bring all this into attention just for the joy of saying the opposite of what we're mostly told, but it sounds sooo unheard to my ears that I can't just go and believe the pinhedz.

Should knowing if scientists opinion of apparently agreement has come clean to us, general "public", be harder than becoming a scientist ourselves? The UNREAL climate change thread - Page 2 4242516590

The UNREAL climate change thread - Page 2 Carbon_dioxide Question
or is it that that last part of the green line wants so much to be perpendicular that indeed if that belongs to the last decades (can't see that in the graphic scratch ) it should show completely perpendicular scratch and maybe there were times like this but they were just variations that have no real impact in the graphic and can't show if we put it with hundreds of thousands of years?

edit: wait I just noticed you wrote 500 million years confused

this and that

Back to top Go down

Post  this and that Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 pm

first response I get is that 500 million years ago earth was "another" planet earth and can't apply

this and that

Back to top Go down

Post  this and that Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 pm

in the graph above of 22000 years you can see CO2 follows the temperature, just a bit later. But a bit later looks at least like 200 years. What made the CO2 follow the temperature increase with a delay of 200 years (or more), time of reaction or what's that- the sea warming up Question , waiting for a real change (not just a variation that would recover) as to make the effort of CO2 worth it? Since the CO2 is growing so fast is that why it is expected that the delay of temperature following the CO2 increase will be little? Or is it that temperature, despite all, is more submissive? The UNREAL climate change thread - Page 2 4242516590

oh, wait. Maybe it's not 200 years, if we look closer, only for the last 10 thousand years we can see I don't understand anything confused

pinhedz wrote:This could be very confusing to folks that are used to looking back only a few hundred years. Have temperature and CO2 really been moving in opposite directions for the last 10,000 years? Shocked

Folks might think that contradicts what they've been hearing, but it really doesn't. geek

The UNREAL climate change thread - Page 2 Taylor-Dome-With-Temp-Approx

This thread needs an index The UNREAL climate change thread - Page 2 4242516590 geek

this and that

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 am

pinhedz wrote:Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

Isn't Mabel aka Felix? Or do I remember that wrong? scratch

supermabel1 wrote:2012 was the wettest in England (though not in the UK generally) since records began, whenever that was.
Noah forgot to record the temperature the year the Mediterranean Sea broke through the Bosphorus. The UNREAL climate change thread - Page 2 4242516590

supermabel1 wrote:Hah! Thermometer gone! :mrgreen: 😉
So what year was the thermometer invented? scratch geek
My good feline friend, supermabel1, tells me (relying again on the flippin' interwebs! No ) that:

The thermometer was invented by Galileo Galilei in 1593. His thermometer consisted of water in a glass bulb; the water moved up and down the bulb as the temperature changed.
The sealed thermometer was invented in 1641 by the Grand Duke Ferdinand II. He used a glass tube containing alcohol, which freezes well below the freezing point of water (alcohol freezes at -175°F=-115°C). He sealed the tube to exclude the influence of air pressure.

Mercury was later substituted for the alcohol, and then Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit (1686-1736), a German physicist, used mercury plus a chemical solution that kept the mercury from sticking to the tube of the thermometer (in 1714). Fahrenheit also expanded the thermometer's scale (in 1724); on his scale, the temperature of boiling water is 212°F and the freezing point of water is 32°F.
Anders Celsius, a Swedish astronomer, invented the Celsius (or Centigrade) scale in 1742, putting the freezing point of water at 0° and the boiling point at 100°.

The important bit, underlined, possibly answers the pinhedz' question, sez supermabel1. Suspect cat
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  this and that Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:21 am

Last edited by this on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

this and that

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 am

Last edited by b on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  yoder Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:29 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:LBJ said he knew he lost Vietnam when Cronkite decided the war was dumb, same way professor pineapple must concede defeet now that he has lost Shep Smith and thereby Amrica's heart-land.  Don't matter if the Viet-Kong are stinky or if Man-Made Change is myth, the battle is lost, and only Sisyphus Quixotes's would stay and tilt instead of doing something more purposeful like Global TM actualization.
On "Brains, Know-How and Native Intelligence" the Medicine Man who doesn't want to check his illness with modern world doctors realises it's pride, or that  the illness finds its way in that

yoder

Back to top Go down

Post  yoder Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:42 am

sitting is the new smoking took me to a forum of smoking fetishists

yoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:25 pm

Last edited by d e on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2