all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stellar here.

+3
ISN
tatiana
Nah Ville Sky Chick
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stellar here. Empty Stellar here.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:07 am

First of all a message to the person who wrote this.

"First, we didn't realize how fragile the site was before--the ultimate power was in the hands of a non-participant (with very limited English language ability) who had probably forgotten about the site long ago."

Ok, asshole. When Frances and me did the old atu, we were about 14 years old. And we're not English, so we don't have any obligation to be perfect at it. So why dont you mind your own business, little prick?

Second of all, although I feel that I dont owe you any explanation, I deleted the forum because I was receiving a lot of complaints. Actually I was glad about it. Since some people came to the original forum (and by people I mean cocky, arrogant and self-centered people that think they're the best), I lost the joy for it.

It was supposed to be a happy place, not a stupidity competition.

Good luck to the new forum!

Cheers!

PS: Of course, there were/are good users. Unfortunately the bad ones overlap.
PS2: Back to the tiny person who criticized my english. Here's a new hobby for you, to spend the day! You can count every mistakes I made, if it helps you sleep at night! Smile

Back to top Go down

Stellar here. Empty Re: Stellar here.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:29 am

Hi , I hope you can find happiness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:02 pm

... scratch

Last edited by blue moon on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 pm

No way is that Stellar, not her style alien
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:No way is that Stellar, not her style alien

alien

Stellar was always pleasant and polite, even though she was busy.
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:No way is that Stellar, not her style alien

...oh...
...the name's interesting... study

[Adj. 1. stellar - indicating the most important performer or role; "the leading man"; "prima ballerina"; "prima donna"; "a star figure skater"; "the starring role"; "a stellar role"; "a stellar performance"
leading, prima, star, starring
major - of greater importance or stature or rank; "a major artist"; "a major role"; "major highways"
2. stellar - being or relating to or resembling or emanating from stars; "an astral body"; "stellar light"
astral

Stellar here. 180px-Stellar_spire_eagle_nebula

Last edited by blue moon on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:24 pm

...the stellar spire eagle nebula...

Last edited by blue moon on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Stranded Jellyfish wrote:I gather the original ATU founders were Portuguese, weren't they? Well, The.limited's post was made from a Portuguese IP address, so I don't see how it should have been by anyone but Stellar. Maybe she was always pleasant as a teenager who had founded a forum with her friend. But that was years ago, and it seems some folks here must have pissed her off quite thoroughly.

Oh well maybe that is her then? I must say I didn't realise they were only 14 when they started ATU. She has obviously grown up Shocked
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:31 am

The.limited wrote:First of all a message to the person who wrote this.

"First, we didn't realize how fragile the site was before--the ultimate power was in the hands of a non-participant (with very limited English language ability) who had probably forgotten about the site long ago."

Ok, asshole. When Frances and me did the old atu, we were about 14 years old. And we're not English, so we don't have any obligation to be perfect at it. So why dont you mind your own business, little prick?

Second of all, although I feel that I dont owe you any explanation, I deleted the forum because I was receiving a lot of complaints. Actually I was glad about it. Since some people came to the original forum (and by people I mean cocky, arrogant and self-centered people that think they're the best), I lost the joy for it.

It was supposed to be a happy place, not a stupidity competition.

Good luck to the new forum!

Cheers!

PS: Of course, there were/are good users. Unfortunately the bad ones overlap.
PS2: Back to the tiny person who criticized my english. Here's a new hobby for you, to spend the day! You can count every mistakes I made, if it helps you sleep at night! Smile

wow - so what exactly were her reasons for pulling the plug on a site that had thousands of wonderful, interesting, educational, crazy posts?

she wanted a happy place......chchchchchc Razz
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 am

^^

I don't think Stellar had visited ATU for ages. When she received the notification from TheForum of all the complaints she will have freaked I expect. affraid
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 am

she doesn't seem very pleasant these days (if it's her)

those two young girls were beautiful and lovely......

the complaints were bogus - anti-semitism? don't make me laugh......

this is the one place I'm not hounded for being pro-Jewish

credit card scams? Yeah, right - it seems that she had been a visitor from time to time

otherwise how would she notice the 'stupidity competition'..... Razz

anyway - I think we're better off having our own place where nobody can just turn up one day and just delete us with no warning

I didn't like being deleted......I bet Eddie wasn't very happy about it either......(and I mostly didn't like it not because of MY wonderful words lol......I do tend to be an aggressive drunk (stupid).....but Eddie and Pinz and Andy etc......really great posts)
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:02 am

pinhedz wrote:it was fragile because you saw no need to consult with the current moderators before deleting a forum with 80,000 posts and 160 members

One can hardly blame Stellar for growing up, but- as Pinz sagely observes above- she obviously hasn't grown up enough (yet) to act like a responsible adult.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:17 am

Catherine wrote:she doesn't seem very pleasant these days (if it's her)

those two young girls were beautiful and lovely......

the complaints were bogus - anti-semitism? don't make me laugh......

this is the one place I'm not hounded for being pro-Jewish

credit card scams? Yeah, right - it seems that she had been a visitor from time to time

otherwise how would she notice the 'stupidity competition'..... Razz

anyway - I think we're better off having our own place where nobody can just turn up one day and just delete us with no warning

I didn't like being deleted......I bet Eddie wasn't very happy about it either......(and I mostly didn't like it not because of MY wonderful words lol......I do tend to be an aggressive drunk (stupid).....but Eddie and Pinz and Andy etc......really great posts)

i didn't like being deleted either.

although now we look back and we see that being deleted was something that this group has benefitted from
so maybe we should be saying "Thanks" to Stellar for bailing out and leaving us to build something better....

i knew they were young (not quite 14 though), i saw their first post on ER advertising for members and visitors.
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:32 am

I wonder if Stellar/The.limited will come back to AATU/ATU Mk II to answer some of the very good points made above? I do hope so. She and Frances struck me as pleasant young women on earlier ATU acquaintance - the harsh words in her opening post here seem out of place - and I'd hope she'll have rethought her opinion of the membership of the old ATU.

Whether she comes back or not, thanks are due for the existence of the old ATU. It's a shame troublemakers caused its demise.

But worse things happen at sea. pirat
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:56 am

I think Stellar deservres praise as if not for her the old ATU may never have existed and certainly not this forum.
To have created it at barely 14 was a great acheivement . It is a pity she could not have handled the end better . In stead of deleting the site , she should have tried to pass it on to some one else.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:51 pm

We hope your journey continues Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Are we to assume from the fact that Stellar (who started this post ) is no longer listed as a member here , is not the Stellar who started the previous forum and that her posts were a hoax ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Salamity Jane wrote:No, we aren't. It happens sometimes that users wish to be deleted. And this is the wrong place for the kind of rumour mongering you seem to find funny.
I certainly do not find rumours funny. I was not trying to start a rumour. I merely noticed she was no longer listed as a member I and noting what others had said I thought I would ask.
"Intelligent people are never afraid to ask questions " As one of my school teachers used to say.
Anyhow thank you for answering my query.

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Salamity Jane wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:I certainly do not find rumours funny.
May I remind you of the "SJ = that Shitjoy character" and the "Pinhedz = LJ" rumours you started the other day? Not that anybody believed them, but still: Don't play the innocent, you meddlesome pedestrian bird.

Stellar here. 2527984640

Stellar here. 3073854909

Moony believes a lot of the rumours.

i think it is twice now that i have had to explain to her about people 'not being the same person'
tatiana
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:23 am

Salamity Jane wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:I certainly do not find rumours funny.
May I remind you of the "SJ = that Shitjoy character" and the "Pinhedz = LJ" rumours you started the other day? Not that anybody believed them, but still: Don't play the innocent, you meddlesome pedestrian bird.

Stellar here. 2527984640
2 points my leader .
12 they were just for fun
2. I was not the first to mention that sitjoy may have been SJ my comment was inresponse to some one else. I hope they have been spoken to as well Laughing Laughing
I also see on another thread Felix has asked if you are sure you are not lj I hope he does not feel your wrath

Last edited by Doc Watson on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:54 am

Well and good thank you.
Now I will explain why I asked about the status of Stellar it was not to start any rumour .
At one stage we we listed at 31 members then I noticed we had a new member 61st highway but membership had fallen to 30 . I did a quick look and saw that three legged man and Stellar were no longer listed as members . You have already explained about 3lm and I just wondered how Stellar fitted in . and between the banter you have explained.
thanks.

Last edited by Doc Watson on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : was not up to my usual standard)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:57 am

Salamity Jane wrote:[

you meddlesome pedestrian bird.
thank you for those lovely comments are you sure you could not have found a few more such as arrogant, self centred , nasty etc Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Salamity Jane wrote:Not really. I don't know if you are arrogant and self-centred, and I always wonder how nasty you are. Sometimes I think very, sometimes I think not really all that much. But meddlesome and pedestrian - you give daily proof of those two, so they will have to do.

rabbit

Oh, and to set your meddlesomeness straight on one important point: Ol' Dave was only banned, not deleted. You should still find him on the memberlist - somehwere near the bottom.
Thank you.
In my own defence I do not think I am nasty . Apart from Gypsy who was an excception I have to my knowlegde never gone for another poster on any of the 7 forums I have been a member of . I try to praise other posters and their ideas where possible. Even someone like the rev who has very publicly gone for me I have mostly praised as a good poster.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:10 am

Whenever I come on this forum (and the old ATU), I can't help but get the feeling that other posters are trying to bully the Ol' Doc into leaving the forum. Maybe I am missing something, is he really as evil as some of you think? He seems a rather mild mannared wind-up merchant as far as I can see. Is that such a problem?

I don't include the Precinct feud in this, that is always amusing and I can't encourage it enough.
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:05 am

Oh and to stick up for Stellar, I can see where she is coming from.

She started a message forum and posted about it on ER. People from ER, many of whom were banned because of previous trouble making activities, joined her new site. In fact, about 99% of the users at her new site where from ER. They all knew each other. A number of them brought along their incredibly lame internet feuds. I know this for a fact as I had to take over as Mod from her as she was getting bombarded with PMs (not from Gypsy I might add) from lunatics over their hang--ups, of which she knew little of the history. This, as would be expected, scared her off. A few years pass where she thinks little about it, then she starts getting warnings or whatever from the makers of the forum. Maybe she even got the actual (no doubt nuts and highly offensive) complaints about her site. She closes it down. And here we are.

Pinz is a nice guy and she, I think, misunderstood what he was saying. Not because English isn't her first language, but because it's easy to read something one way, when it was meant as another.
Lee Van Queef
Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum