all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The reindeer

Go down

The reindeer  Empty The reindeer

Post  Alouette Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:32 am

The reindeer  D812ee50-s
The reindeer  Tumblr_ldqn5kspf61qaseffo1_500
"The reindeer did not dare to stop. It ran on till it came to the bush with the red berries.
There is put Gerda down and kissed her on the mouth, while big shining tears trickled down its face’.
1911, Edmund Dulac for Hans Christian Andersen’s ‘The Snow Queen’
Alouette
Alouette

Back to top Go down

The reindeer  Empty Re: The reindeer

Post  Alouette Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:16 am

pinhedz wrote:^
Something tells me Disney played a bit fast and loose with that Snow Queen story. Suspect 

No doubt.
am enchanted by Gerda & the reindeer

'....Gerda repeated her story over again, while the wood-pigeons in the cage over her cooed, and the other pigeons slept.
The little robber-girl put one arm across Gerda’s neck, and held the knife in the other, and was soon fast asleep and snoring.

But Gerda could not close her eyes at all; she knew not whether she was to live or die.
The robbers sat round the fire, singing and drinking, and the old woman stumbled about. It was a terrible sight for a little girl to witness.

Then the wood-pigeons said, “Coo, coo; we have seen little Kay.
A white fowl carried his sledge, and he sat in the carriage of the Snow Queen, which drove through the wood while we were lying in our nest.
She blew upon us, and all the young ones died excepting us two. Coo, coo.”

“What are you saying up there?” cried Gerda.
“Where was the Snow Queen going? Do you know anything about it?”

“She was most likely travelling to Lapland, where there is always snow and ice.
Ask the reindeer that is fastened up there with a rope.”

“Yes, there is always snow and ice,” said the reindeer; “and it is a glorious place; you can leap and run about freely on the sparkling ice plains.
The Snow Queen has her summer tent there, but her strong castle is at the North Pole, on an island called Spitzbergen.”

“Oh, Kay, little Kay!” sighed Gerda.

“Lie still,” said the robber-girl, “or I shall run my knife into your body.”

In the morning Gerda told her all that the wood-pigeons had said; and the little robber-girl looked quite serious, and nodded her head, and said,
“That is all talk, that is all talk. Do you know where Lapland is?” she asked the reindeer.

“Who should know better than I do?” said the animal, while his eyes sparkled....'

The reindeer  8f4aaec949ae6c3ae39389af64682530
Alouette
Alouette

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum