all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctors and medicine

Go down

Doctors and medicine Empty Re: Doctors and medicine

Post  blue moon Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:04 pm

I'm a long-term excessive coffee drinker. Due to a recent health blip I decided to give it up altogether, finding total abstinence easier than moderation. My god...for 3 nights I had such severe kidney pain I couldn't sleep. I could barely cope at all. Found out it wasn't kidney pain but pain from the adrenal glands, which sit atop the kidneys.
It was the most harrowing withdrawal I've been through. Much harder (for me) than giving up cigarettes.
blue moon
blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  blue moon Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:28 pm

I had those terrible headaches for a few days, but the lower-back pain trumped them. I read online that the hit from coffee is from the adrenal glands. I had no idea they were involved. I was a 20-cup-a-day drinker. Sometimes more. Two spoons of coffee and two of sugar in each cup.
I guess that's why withdrawal was so dramatic...but it's compensated for by how well I'm feeling at the moment. Not just mentally (I'm less anxious) but physically (I feel much lighter).
blue moon
blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:24 am

Doctors and medicine Caracter-515x399

- You have alzheimer's
- And you have aids

The old lady takes it personal and is not intimidated

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content