all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new puppy

2 posters

Go down

My new puppy Empty My new puppy

Post  Constance Sat May 25, 2013 8:31 am

My new puppy Standard_apricot_female_2_weeks_5-22-13-1

Wow! It worked. I was rusty about photobucket after a few yrs but managed to figure it out.

This is my new puppy tentatively named Coco. She is an apricot Standard poodle, 2 weeks old. Her mother is black and her father is red. She looks more red to me than apricot but we will love her whatever color she is. We will pick her up in 6 weeks. Her mom Elly had only four puppies, two black, one red, and one apricot, and a small number of puppies is better than large because the pups get more milk and attention. The breeder says Coco is a little chub and is very healthy and happy. . I have some pictures of the mom and pups a few days old and will try to post them too.

Ginseng is sorely missed everyday. After thirteen and a half yrs it is hard.
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

My new puppy Empty Re: My new puppy

Post  Constance Sat May 25, 2013 8:47 am

My new puppy Elly_and_pups_5-14-13-2

First picture, just a few days old. Two blacks,one female one male, one red male, one apricot females (ours)> Notice how big and healthy they look.
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Sat May 25, 2013 8:52 am

My new puppy Elly_apricot_female_5-14-13-11

Apricot puppy Coco a few days old
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Sat May 25, 2013 8:56 am

My new puppy Elly_apricot_female_5-14-132

Two black puppies with the apricot laying across one of the black ones.
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  specialman Fri May 31, 2013 2:42 am

Constance wrote:tentatively named Coco. She is an apricot
My new puppy 4201394543

I love you
specialman
specialman

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:16 am

We've had Coco home since Fri afternoon. A three hour drive up to her breeder which was very easy. The three girls were very excited. The breeder had the puppy in the kitchen with her waiting for us. To my relief the puppy wasn't shy and came to the three girls who sat on the floor and were playing with her. Her color is interesting. The breeder calls it a a dark apricot but it is really a creamy tan. I confess I was a little disappointed because I was expecting an exact replica of our Ginseng, a light apricot, but this color is so rich and interesting I am sure I am going to grow to love it. I am pleased because the girls said they specifically didn't want a dog exactly like Ginseng so they are very, very happy. The breeder was in love with the puppy and said she wanted to keep her. She is calm, playful, and a sweetheart. She loves the girls and is doing very well on peeing outside. She doesn't like to sleep on the floor by herself (at the breeder's she slept in a crate with her sister) so we've had her on the bed with us under a towel. We took her to the vet yesterday and the vet loved her, said she was an exceptional dog. She is only 7 weeks old! We are going to maintain her on dry dog food which she is accustomed to eating, no table scraps and special meals as we had with Ginseng, which was such an ordeal. Ginseng wouldn't eat dry food. It seems unappetizing but it is scientific and recommended by breeders and vets. I will try to post a picture of get one of the girls to do it.
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  specialman Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:57 pm

I don't know if it's the same for dogs so young but for our dog when we took her, was 4 months, at the dog house they said it was good to leave her alone to sleep, as she would learn to be alone, more effectively, as a puppy
guess it's similar for baby humans

And for dry food, as puppies is also the right time to make them used to it. If they get used to other food it'll be not easy when they're grown ups to convince them that tastes good My new puppy 3874208089  I've heard also that's the best food for them, and also for their teeth since it doesn't leave rests among the teeth
specialman
specialman

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:37 am

Coco is eating her dried food and almost always peeing outside. We let her out a lot. She did poop on the floor this morning.pale 

She was so exhausted she slept on the floor pillow last night but woke up at about 3 and whined to get into bed. I got her in and then let her outside at 6:30 where she peed. After 6:30 she just bounced around the room playing with flip-flops (she broke them), a paper bag, and toys and blankets.
Constance
Constance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum