all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobby Vee--dare we call him a Minnesotan?

Go down

Bobby Vee--dare we call him a Minnesotan? Empty Re: Bobby Vee--dare we call him a Minnesotan?

Post  felix Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:11 am

Contrary to my ill-informed view expressed on the earlier thread (corrected with magnanimity by our generally absent these days friend Uzi Bloodhound onda Trax) - yes. Indeed. And why not?
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Bobby Vee--dare we call him a Minnesotan? Empty Re: Bobby Vee--dare we call him a Minnesotan?

Post  felix Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:21 am

He toured the UK in 1962 with The Crickets (OK, they were promoting their LP 'Bobby Vee Meets The Crickets') and theirs was one of the earliest rock/pop concerts I saw (a coupla weeks after the amazing Sam Cooke/Little Richard show).

Here's my juvenile review of the show from the time:

Bobby Vee--dare we call him a Minnesotan? 6178705028_08dffceed1

Lou's Got The Flu? Probably Rockin' Pneumonia & The Boogie Woogie Flu, I imagine. Mike Berry was a UK Holly-influenced singer - big hit: 'Tribute to Buddy Holly' - and later a TV actor in the much loved series 'Are You Being Served'. His band The Outlaws at one time included Ritchie Blackmore.

Last edited by felix on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'woogie', mate, 'woogie'!)
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down