all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guy Peellaert: "The Michelangelo of Pop Art"

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Guy Peellaert: "The Michelangelo of Pop Art" - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Peellaert: "The Michelangelo of Pop Art"

Post  felix Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:18 am

eddie wrote:Guy Peellaert: "The Michelangelo of Pop Art" - Page 3 Coca-Cola-Art_GuyPeellaert_Elvis
"Elvis Presley's Last Supper" with guests Cliff Richard, Tom Jones and Eddie Cochran, feasting on burgers and drinking Coca-Cola.

But can we identify all the other "Presley wannabe"s in this pic? Looks like Tommy Steele far left, Rick(y) Nelson to Presley's immediate left and it's definitely Ritchie Valens between Cochran and Sir Cliff (is that Terry Dene next to Valens?). Who are the rest?

EDIT: could be Frankie Avalon looking over Rick Nelson's shoulder and Fabian seated far right? Gene Vincent to the left of Avalon? But who's the chubby-faced guy with the kiss curl? And who's the remaining greaser?
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Guy Peellaert: "The Michelangelo of Pop Art" - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Peellaert: "The Michelangelo of Pop Art"

Post  eddie Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:43 am

^

I must confess that I'm not altogether sure, felix.

All I know is that Elvis impersonation has become a posthumous industry:

Guy Peellaert: "The Michelangelo of Pop Art" - Page 3 800px-Elvis_impersonators_record
Gallery of Elvis impersonators.

Guy Peellaert: "The Michelangelo of Pop Art" - Page 3 752px-BlessedElvisOfSouthMain
Elvis impersonator walking in Memphis.

Guy Peellaert: "The Michelangelo of Pop Art" - Page 3 Elvis
Stilt-walking Elvis & friends.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  felix Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:05 am

^ Reminds me of a bizarre episode in the Canadian/US TV series Due South (a Canadian Mountie is seconded to the Chicago PD) where the cops were instructed to round up the elves (don't ask) and mistakenly rounded up a load of Elvis impersonayors. Don't ask, I said. cat

As regards the guests at Elvis's last supper, the guy I thought was Frankie Avalon was in fact Tommy Sands; Gene Vincent was, apparently, Billy Fury; and the kiss-curl guy was P J Proby. At least that's what some chap on the interwebs reckons...
felix
felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3