Gary Forney and IOWA MOUNTAIN TOUR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gary Forney and IOWA MOUNTAIN TOUR

Post  pinhedz on Wed May 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Hosni
Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:54 pm

Rare performance footage of legendary Iowa Mountain Tour. Folk Music the way it was meant to be.

Arthur Askey

Knocks that bleedin' English wimp Nicky Drakething into a cocked hat.

Hosni

Thanks Felix. I was watching a Felix cartoon and they had a an underwater society with underwater policeman and underwater crooks and one time a policeman fish says "Calling All Cars....Calling All Cars" in a most delightful fashion. Ta ra.

pinhedz

I recognize him how--he's the guy from the "Song Poems" movie.

You got to give him credit for, I'm not sure what, but for something.

John McLaughlin

Truly awful, isn't it?

Hosni

No.

pinhedz

The guitar part is unusual--in a good way, and the talking-blues vocal works well with it. I'm not sure the lyric was supposed to be so repetitious, though. I get the impression he was forgetting verses and just repeating earlier ones some of the time. Or maybe not.

pinhedz

Hosni
King of Pop

Gary Forney said...

I have developed a rather bi-polar attitude toward OFF THE CHARTS film, a real love/hate thing. It IS the film that made me world famous and granted me a larger stage than I might have otherwise ever found, but it also BADLY stereotyped me. Way too many people made bad assumptions of me based on their narrow viewing of this film. When I performed in Chicago in 2004, the MC [ Scott Ligon ] thought it was funny to talk to me like I was retarded. Leslie Hall and the Lys in 2005 assumed I was retarded [ Hiland openly called me retarded ] and though I wouldn't know better when I was cheated of my share of the door. It just goes on and on.
I do love the movie for the exposure, I just wish it wasn't taken wrong by some people. For the record, I am NOT Caglar, Do NOT have any mental problems, etc.
Those of you who know more about me and my career, I thank you. Those of you who just watch to have a cheap laugh at the wackos, I hope you have a good one!

To learn more about my career outside of songpoems, the new band is Punk'N and is at WWW.PUNKN.ORG

~Gary Forney~
June 25, 2009 8:34 AM
Dirty Donny said...

Hey Gary, thanks for writing.
I love the movie and the music.
I'll check out your new tunes.
I think your stuff is great BTW!
June 25, 2009 9:46 AM
Gary Forney said...

THANKS! I do get some kind words from people who DID understand the movie. The ones who didn't really get me down at times though.

I also did a film with Calico Cooper, Alice's daughter. I did my own short feature, also a 45 RPM retro vinyl. Look for a 3D video soon of one of my song poems.

Again, to those who understand I am grateful. To those who don't, in the words of Jerry Lee Lewis:"May you have a heartattack!"! not really..LOL

Gary
June 25, 2009 3:18 PM
Gary Forney said...

Viewers of the film may find this interesting:

FILM MAKER JAMIE MELTZER DECLARES GARY FORNEY A "FICTIONAL CHARACTER"!

When approached recently about doing a documentary about Gary Forney in an attempt to correct the typecasting created by Off The Charts, Jamie Meltzer sent the following reply:

"Thanks for you email. As a documentary filmmaker I can't offer any advice or contacts as regards fictional scripts or fiction films (it's not my area of interest or expertise). So I don't think I can be of any help to your project. Thanks for thinking of me though and best of luck to you with this film.
Jamie"

It was Meltzer's film that created the bad stereotype of Gary Forney. Now, according to Meltzer, Gary Forney is a "fictional character"!

I also notice I am not featured in any of the new publicity for Charts.

Just food for thought!
June 27, 2009 1:29 PM
Anonymous said...

Gary Forney, you should be grateful you were in that movie. Don't be so hard on your self.
Jim
June 28, 2009 9:46 AM
Anonymous said...

Forney claims not to be a "mental" like Caglar, which is a very mean statement, especially considering Forney has been on a mental disability for most of his adult life (confirmed by the NY Times)
July 23, 2009 1:23 PM
Punk'N said...

The "anonymous" who said I have a "mental condition" "confirmed by the NY Times" has reason to be "anonymous". He is my stalker! He has been stalking me since 2004. He libels me everywhere he can. He has an obsession with me. He may also be gay, although he is married.
July 24, 2009 2:42 AM
Anonymous said...

Gary Forney has a stalker? Is he fictional too? What a looney.
July 28, 2009 7:47 AM

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gary Forney and IOWA MOUNTAIN TOUR

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri May 13, 2011 11:12 am

Hosni was a kleptoautokrat with bad die job, shamefuly proped up by corupt USA impire. Good ridense I said.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  felix on Fri May 13, 2011 11:18 am

Uzi wrote:Hosni was a kleptoautokrat with bad die job, shamefuly proped up by corupt USA impire. Good ridense I said.

Aint that the truuthe. cyclops Moobarack - wot kinda naem is that? confused

felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri May 13, 2011 1:09 pm

felix wrote: Moobarack - wot kinda naem is that? confused
I think it's the same as Fitzbarack.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down