all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You remember where you were when you first heard that ...................?

+3
tatiana
precinct14
Dick Fitzwell
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do You remember where you were when you first heard that ...................? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You remember where you were when you first heard that ...................?

Post  sil Fri May 06, 2011 1:25 am

Once the smell of baby poo made me see a room where entered the light of the afternoon sun through the window, and I thought it was a memory about my parents changing my nappies... but I guess it is just a false memory
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Do You remember where you were when you first heard that ...................? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You remember where you were when you first heard that ...................?

Post  ISN Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 am

baby poo - a very evocative scent......hehehehe

I still love the smell of Johnson's baby lotion and baby talcum powder

basically I just love babies.......and children

after that things just get a bit too fukked up
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 09, 2011 11:59 am

A reflection fropm Leunig
"........................each of us will always remember where we were
when we heard of the death of Osama bin Laden" Julia Gillard

Where were you when you heard the news
That Osama had gone to heaven ?
I was in my den rembering when
They stuck the knife in Kevin.

That humans are envious creatures
I was in good luck with a beautiful duck
admiring its virtuous features.

That truth was almost dead ?
I was far away on an autumn day
With a teapot on my head.

Last edited by Doc Watson on Sat May 14, 2011 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : work it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 13, 2011 6:27 pm

guacamayo wrote:
Catherine wrote:September 11 2001 World Trade Center
I was in the bathroom texting a sms so my sister didn't see I was using her phone. When I got out I saw my family energetically commenting the news, I couldn't believe a plain had just crashed against one of those towers... and then a second one crashed against the other Question

I was catching a lift on a mothership back to port. We were tied up behind Bountiful Island while two trawlers were alongside us unloading. One of the cooks on the 'Raptis Pearl' was an American woman and her sister in New York had just rang her mobile and told her what was happening. She came running into the galley of the mothership and was so hysterical that it was impossible to understand what she was saying. When her fellow deckhand translated we all thought she'd gone mad from the rigours of a frenetic prawn season. Nobody believed her. I arrived in port the next night and of course the footage was on every screen. I'll never forget the look on that woman's face.

It was also my birthday and the skipper took us ashore after the unloads. The walk around the small, sundrenched, barren but beautiful island was also unforgettable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2