Certified Sporting Atrocities

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:12 pm

https://instagram.com/p/8UeP5WP9Gq/


Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:00 pm



https://streamable.com/lpb2?t=2.3

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Each week this deteriorating season, the 49ers have scored less and less points, thus foreshadowing Sunday’s 17-3 defeat to the Green Bay Packers.

The historical perspective is grim on a scoring slump that’s sent the 49ers into a three-game losing streak and 1-3 start.

Their 48 points through four games – 20 points in a season-opening win, then 18, 7 and 3 — are their fewest since 1977. Only two seasons in their 66-year history started with less production: 29 points in that winless start to 1977, and 45 points in 1974.




I'll admit right off the bat that these are entirely cherry-picked stats: after the game, FOX's Curt Menefee referenced points allowed, sacks and first downs gained to describe this as the 49ers worst offensive performance since 1964. I did a little bit of research over at Pro Football Reference, and confirmed that. Well actually, it is 1963, not 1964.

The San Francisco 49ers offense had a field goal and eight first downs, and gave up six sacks. There are plenty of stats to consider in a loss, but points, first downs and sacks are often going to cover a lot of the issues a losing team might have.

I decided to expand the search a bit, looking up when the 49ers had three or fewer points, ten or fewer first downs, and gave up at least five sacks. According to PFR, the 49ers did that in a 23-3 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in 2007, and a 26-3 loss to the Detroit Lions in 1963. Those were not good 49ers teams.

In 2007, Alex Smith got the start in that game, and left with his infamous shoulder injury after one pass attempt and one rush. Trent Dilfer came on in his place and completed 12 of 33 passes for 128 yards and two interceptions. Frank Gore rushed 16 times for 79 yards.

In 1963, Bob Waters got the start in Week 2. He completed 8 of 19 passes for 52 yards, while throwing one interception. Lamar McHan, who started most of the games that season, took over eventually and was 2 of 3 for 11 yards. Don Lisbon led the team with 53 yards on 12 carries.

So yea, consider this a little more context as to how awful the 49ers offense was on Sunday.




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:36 pm

ONCE AGAIN THE SEATTLE SEAGULLS ARE THE BENEFICIARY OF GAWDAWFUL OFFICIATING DURING THE FINAL MOMENTS OF A MONDAY NIGHT NOOTBAL (MNF) BARN-BURNER.  NFL MADE MATTERS WORSE BY NOT OWNING UP TO THE BLOWN CALL AND SAYING THE "OVERTNESS" OF THE ILLEGALLY BATTED BALL WAS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION.  FUCK YOU NFL, AND I WILL ALSO SAY, FUCK YOU SEATTLE, AND THIS IS WHY - SEATTLE LIKES TO THINK OF ITSELF AS A SOPHISTICATED CITY BUT REALLY IS MADE UP PRIMARILY OF WHITE TRASH, AND IT IS THIS BULLPOO PHONINESS REGARDING SELF-IMAGE THAT MAKES SEATTLE A TRULY WRETCHED HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLAINY.




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:ONCE AGAIN THE SEATTLE SEAGULLS ARE THE BENEFICIARY OF GAWDAWFUL OFFICIATING DURING THE FINAL MOMENTS OF A MONDAY NIGHT NOOTBAL (MNF) BARN-BURNER.  NFL MADE MATTERS WORSE BY NOT OWNING UP TO THE BLOWN CALL AND SAYING THE "OVERTNESS" OF THE ILLEGALLY BATTED BALL WAS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION.  FUCK YOU NFL, AND I WILL ALSO SAY, FUCK YOU SEATTLE, AND THIS IS WHY - SEATTLE LIKES TO THINK OF ITSELF AS A SOPHISTICATED CITY BUT REALLY IS MADE UP PRIMARILY OF WHITE TRASH, AND IT IS THIS BULLPOO PHONINESS REGARDING SELF-IMAGE THAT MAKES SEATTLE A TRULY WRETCHED HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLAINY.






I WOULD SAY THIS LOOKS FAIRLY FUCKING "OVERT" YOU FUCKING FUCKS OF THE NATIONAL FAIL LEAGUE



ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:57 am



https://twitter.com/RosenbergMerc/status/651096615252398080

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:
Yakima Canutt wrote:ONCE AGAIN THE SEATTLE SEAGULLS ARE THE BENEFICIARY OF GAWDAWFUL OFFICIATING DURING THE FINAL MOMENTS OF A MONDAY NIGHT NOOTBAL (MNF) BARN-BURNER.  NFL MADE MATTERS WORSE BY NOT OWNING UP TO THE BLOWN CALL AND SAYING THE "OVERTNESS" OF THE ILLEGALLY BATTED BALL WAS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION.  FUCK YOU NFL, AND I WILL ALSO SAY, FUCK YOU SEATTLE, AND THIS IS WHY - SEATTLE LIKES TO THINK OF ITSELF AS A SOPHISTICATED CITY BUT REALLY IS MADE UP PRIMARILY OF WHITE TRASH, AND IT IS THIS BULLPOO PHONINESS REGARDING SELF-IMAGE THAT MAKES SEATTLE A TRULY WRETCHED HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLAINY.






I WOULD SAY THIS LOOKS FAIRLY FUCKING "OVERT" YOU FUCKING FUCKS OF THE NATIONAL FAIL LEAGUE



ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL


what's with the hissy fit, I though the NFL admitted the call was wrong?

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:33 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:
Yakima Canutt wrote:
Yakima Canutt wrote:ONCE AGAIN THE SEATTLE SEAGULLS ARE THE BENEFICIARY OF GAWDAWFUL OFFICIATING DURING THE FINAL MOMENTS OF A MONDAY NIGHT NOOTBAL (MNF) BARN-BURNER.  NFL MADE MATTERS WORSE BY NOT OWNING UP TO THE BLOWN CALL AND SAYING THE "OVERTNESS" OF THE ILLEGALLY BATTED BALL WAS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION.  FUCK YOU NFL, AND I WILL ALSO SAY, FUCK YOU SEATTLE, AND THIS IS WHY - SEATTLE LIKES TO THINK OF ITSELF AS A SOPHISTICATED CITY BUT REALLY IS MADE UP PRIMARILY OF WHITE TRASH, AND IT IS THIS BULLPOO PHONINESS REGARDING SELF-IMAGE THAT MAKES SEATTLE A TRULY WRETCHED HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLAINY.






I WOULD SAY THIS LOOKS FAIRLY FUCKING "OVERT" YOU FUCKING FUCKS OF THE NATIONAL FAIL LEAGUE



ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL


what's with the hissy fit, I though the NFL admitted the call was wrong?


What was infuriating was that Vice President of Officiating Blandino semi-defended the non-reviewable status of this call ( no instant replay overturn available) because, like pass interference, this call is "subjective"  and "open to interpretation."

to which I say "HORSE~SHIT"

There is usually all sorts of contact back and forth between receiver and defender, which makes pass interference a highly subjective call, NOT REMOTELY SIMILAR TO THE NEARLY ALWAYS CUT-&-DRIED, OBVIOUS ACT OF INTENTIONALLY BATTING A LOOSE BALL.

And this Monday Night Debacle (MND) continued to enrage, with all manner of Professional Sport Yappers declaring "oh, but that's maybe good it wasn't called, because it's such an obscure rule"  or "but that's a dumb rule, anyway"

Obscure?  That's only if one measures obscurity by how much doofus broadcast commentator Gruden knows about the rule book, which is not much. A former Patriot has already remarked that Belichick instructs the team on illegal ball battings, as any decent coach should.

Granted, one usually doesn't see a batted ball in the end zone ( maybe because some dim memory of high school football instruction kicks in to prevent this forbidden act) - but a player batting a loose ball to gain advantage in possession or field position is hardly the rare event that bloviators are making it out to be.  

IT'S NOT A DUMB RULE, DINGUSES - BATTING LOOSE BALLS IS NOT PART OF THE GAME OF FOOTBALL, YOU'RE THINKING OF BASEBALL.  

If anything in this dumpster fire is a dumb rule, it's the fact that if a players fumbles a ball out of bounds in the end zone, possession goes to the other team, but if a player fumbles the ball in the field between the end zones, his teams keeps possession.  That is the arbitrary, dumb rule here, so talk about that you stupid stupid yappers.


Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:
Yakima Canutt wrote:
Yakima Canutt wrote:
Yakima Canutt wrote:ONCE AGAIN THE SEATTLE SEAGULLS ARE THE BENEFICIARY OF GAWDAWFUL OFFICIATING DURING THE FINAL MOMENTS OF A MONDAY NIGHT NOOTBAL (MNF) BARN-BURNER.  NFL MADE MATTERS WORSE BY NOT OWNING UP TO THE BLOWN CALL AND SAYING THE "OVERTNESS" OF THE ILLEGALLY BATTED BALL WAS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION.  FUCK YOU NFL, AND I WILL ALSO SAY, FUCK YOU SEATTLE, AND THIS IS WHY - SEATTLE LIKES TO THINK OF ITSELF AS A SOPHISTICATED CITY BUT REALLY IS MADE UP PRIMARILY OF WHITE TRASH, AND IT IS THIS BULLPOO PHONINESS REGARDING SELF-IMAGE THAT MAKES SEATTLE A TRULY WRETCHED HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLAINY.






I WOULD SAY THIS LOOKS FAIRLY FUCKING "OVERT" YOU FUCKING FUCKS OF THE NATIONAL FAIL LEAGUE


ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL


what's with the hissy fit, I though the NFL admitted the call was wrong?


What was infuriating was that Vice President of Officiating Blandino semi-defended the non-reviewable status of this call ( no instant replay overturn available) because, like pass interference, this call is "subjective"  and "open to interpretation."

to which I say "HORSE~SHIT"

There is usually all sorts of contact back and forth between receiver and defender, which makes pass interference a highly subjective call, NOT REMOTELY SIMILAR TO THE NEARLY ALWAYS CUT-&-DRIED, OBVIOUS ACT OF INTENTIONALLY BATTING A LOOSE BALL.

And this Monday Night Debacle (MND) continued to enrage, with all manner of Professional Sport Yappers declaring "oh, but that's maybe good it wasn't called, because it's such an obscure rule"  or "but that's a dumb rule, anyway"

Obscure?  That's only if one measures obscurity by how much doofus broadcast commentator Gruden knows about the rule book, which is not much. A former Patriot has already remarked that Belichick instructs the team on illegal ball battings, as any decent coach should.

Granted, one usually doesn't see a batted ball in the end zone ( maybe because some dim memory of high school football instruction kicks in to prevent this forbidden act) - but a player batting a loose ball to gain advantage in possession or field position is hardly the rare event that bloviators are making it out to be.  

IT'S NOT A DUMB RULE, DINGUSES - BATTING LOOSE BALLS IS NOT PART OF THE GAME OF FOOTBALL, YOU'RE THINKING OF BASEBALL.  

If anything in this dumpster fire is a dumb rule, it's the fact that if a players fumbles a ball out of bounds in the end zone, possession goes to the other team, but if a player fumbles the ball in the field between the end zones, his teams keeps possession.  That is the arbitrary, dumb rule here, so talk about that you stupid stupid yappers.



I just made the mistake of flipping to the NFL Network, with some retired players babbling "well sheeet, i ain't never even heard a dat rule" - firstly, the ignorance of players should not be used as a yardstick for anything, I recall starting Philly QB Donovan McNabb expressing shock upon learning that regular season games can end in a tie.  And do you know why you hardly ever see a professional player punch a loose ball out of bounds in the end zone? BECAUSE FOOTBALLERS ARE TRAINED FROM AN EARLY AGE TO FALL ON LOOSE BALLS, NOT TO PUNCH THEM.

And then these numbskulls went on to say "Detroit didn't deserve to win anyway" - WHAT KIND OF ASININE METAPHYSICAL SUPPOSITION IS THAT??  But just to follow your useless line of inquiry, Detroit held the defending NFC champs to 13 points on the road, sacking Russell Wilson 6 times, and then put together a likely game-winning drive ( had the rules been properly enforced) ... so how in this scenario does Seattle "deserve" to win?

And as to the supposed rarity of general ball battings- yes, the specific sequence of Monday's game was somewhat unusual, but I recall seeing illegal ball battings on punts, with a player trying to gain greater field position for his team, and SportyBitchez pointed out that an illegally declared ball batting occurred in the Super-Bowl between New England and NYG, viewed by some 100 million persons - hardly rarer than a unicorn, wouldn't you say?


Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:43 pm

but back to silence, back to minus: the truly offensive 49ers offense is sooo atrocious that this is the play they decided to run on 3rd and 11 :



no one receiving, you got that right

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:34 am

San Francisco 49ers outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks will not play Sunday against the New York Giants due to the death of his 40-year-old sister, Brooks’ agent said on Thursday.

Brooks’ agent, Greg Williams, said Brooks’ sister, Krsunthia Brooks-Childs, died of lupus on Wednesday. Brooks is in Louisiana with his family. The memorial service has not been scheduled. Williams told CSN Bay Area that Brooks plans to return to the 49ers early next week and is likely to be available to play Oct. 18 against the Baltimore Ravens at Levi's Stadium.




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:49 pm

49er "quarterback" Kraepernick says he's not worried about his job security, and football or no football, he'll be just fine.  I wonder what kind of exciting business opportunities he's got planned, because most of his enterprises seemed tied up in his football career



Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:31 am

hahaha can u you believe it hahaha can you believe it hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha

flying across country to East Rutherford, New Jersey, under the glare of a primetime NBC Presents Sunday Night Football searchlight, the Santa Clara 49er offence met the standard requirements for a NFL calibre offence, for the first time since week one against middling Minnesota ... but now the Santa Clara defence decided to be the embarrassment, letting the New York Giants set an all-time franchise record for passing completions- 41 of them, also enabling QB Eli Manning's career record for completions and attempts.  49ers were winning by 4 points with 1:45 remaining, most of Giant's playmakers were injured, and Niner D offered up victory to NYG on a golden platter, too too funny

hahaha every weak week, let Santa Clara find new ways to lose, hahaha


Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:23 pm



Last edited by d e on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:59 pm

hahaha hahaha, the NFL ( no fun league ) has just declared all-out war on unauthorized animated gifs of No Fun games ( we are talking 1 to 4 seconds long, lo-fi, soundless gifs here ) found on internet domains .... hahaha Commish Goodell is a beaver brain who sups on ostrich turds, this much is certain

too bad tho, because one thing that is trending is

RELIVING DISGRACE THRU THE MAGIC OF MULTIVISION






Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:28 am


THE GIFTS AND GHOSTS OF LAMAR ODOM ( drifting too far from shore )

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/10/15/lamar-odom-lakers-clippers-rhode-island-new-york




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:27 am

Furiosa is implying we should mention Sunday Night, when the Colts of Indy attempted the Worst Fake Punt in the History of the World






Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:37 pm



Last edited by d e on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:21 pm


Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:55 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:14 pm



Sportz!    USA!




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:00 pm





Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:26 pm



http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12394046/pittsburgh-pirates-call-sickening-see-jihadi-john-team-hat

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  woo on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:40 pm

I know, right? Like I can understand that devil wearing a SF Giants or SF 49ers hat...but that P team...get out of town!

woo

Posts : 2294
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:39 pm


the trailer has been lost to time, so this guy made a new one on his Microsoft SurfaceVD




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7842
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Sporting Atrocities

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:13 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum