all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite quotes

2 posters

Go down

quotes - Favorite quotes Empty Re: Favorite quotes

Post  sil Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:29 am

"There's only one true happiness: to become more conscious of your own destiny."
(Rabbe Enckell - translated by me from the Spanish translation... Suspect)
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:39 am

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Ralph Waldo Emerson
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:06 am

I love your quotes, Isa......Smile
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  sil Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:58 am

Through cinema Pasolini sought to express his conviction that the sacred quality of life is to be found not in any religion, but in life itself, in its naturalness. "All is sacred," so used to say this self-professed atheist. When asked at a press conference in 1966 "Why do you deal with religious themes, you yourself being an unbeliever?", Pasolini replied: "If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief." No religion could express the depth of his feeling for the sacred naturalness of life - and so he prefered to renounce them all. His unique contribution to the TruthQuest is in taking the concept of holiness out of the religious context and placing it where it belongs: in everyday life.
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down