The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Since Tiny said he'd lost all interest in BD "as a living artist," I took that to mean what the Bobster is doing nowadays, rather than what he used to do back in those-a-days. geek

I, too, have grappled with the great question: "If you could ask Bob one question, what would it be?"

I think I'd ask: "Are you really bob dylan?" rabbit

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11527
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:26 pm

I've seen Dylan 15 times over the years...the last two time I saw him...it was more like the Bob Lite show than the Living Legend.

BTW: in America they joke about how rude French people are to tourist. When I was in France all of the people were very nice to me...well except one woman and oddly enough she was a American living in Paris that I rented a room from.



Rip Torns name is really Rip Torn...OK his last name is Torn and his dad gave him the nickname Rip when he was a little kid.

"People on the right are upset. People on the left are upset. People in the middle are upset," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told reporters.

Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  eddie on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:21 pm

Old Mack wrote:I hope that you guys will forgive my cyber transgression

Forgiveness implies contrition and I see no evidence of that.

On the contrary, all I see is:

1. The harbouring of old grudges.
2. Diversionary tactics.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Posts : 7840
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 60
Location : Desert Island

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Lee Van Queef on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Clarence LeRoy Van Cleef wrote:
I'm kind of hoping that this isn't really Albert, but an impersonator instead.

Well, I'm relieved it wasn't the real Albert. I always enjoyed reading Al's posts and thought better of him.

Mack, that was a bad idea I'm afraid.


edit: Nash, maybe you should delete the fake account?

Lee Van Queef

Posts : 511
Join date : 2011-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:17 pm

eddie wrote:1. The harbouring of old grudges.
2. Diversionary tactics.
Old Mack wrote:...no not really
eddie thank you for your interest in Codename: Mackadamia !

Chuck Manson once said to the parole board something to the effect of...no lets leave that out.

eddie, I've made it clear that I PM'd the MOD and explained that I made that post and they were in fact the words of another poster at another website...so thats how it came to cyber light. No other way...because in retrospect I thought it wasn't cyber fair to others. Now why don't you let it rest unless of course you harbor some type of grudge and are trying to divert from Codename: Mackadamia as was done before at another website.




Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Lee Van Queef on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Mack, people shouldn't have more than one account here. More importantly, people definitely shouldn't be pretending they are someone else. The fact that Al said it on another forum is irrelevent.

Now, let's get back to Codename: Mackadamia. I presume yesterday was a pretty good day for you after the vote when through?... or as some would say, "a Satan sandwich with Satan fries on the side".

Lee Van Queef

Posts : 511
Join date : 2011-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  eddie on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Old Mack wrote:eddie thank you for your interest

I have no interest AT ALL in self-regarding, narcissistic trolls.

My post was concerned solely with the broader issue of identity theft.

I won't be posting on this thread again and I would encourage other posters to do the same.

Any response to this thread only feeds the troll.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Posts : 7840
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 60
Location : Desert Island

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Lee Van Queef on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:37 pm


Lee Van Queef

Posts : 511
Join date : 2011-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Clarence LeRoy Van Cleef wrote:I presume yesterday was a pretty good day for you after the vote when through?
I don't keep up with that stuff...their all a bunch of MOFO self serving folks as far as I am concern, well not all of them BUT 99%. It was good to see Congresswoman Gifford made a public appearance...she is one of the few good ones.

Saturday was a good day for me...for the first time in 5 years I had my Harley our for a ride. The last time I had it out I was almost killed on it. Maybe that is why I was hyperposting the other day. For those that don't know it, I am bi-polar and have terrible bouts of depression and than crazy mood swings.

What's it like to wake up inside a morgue fridge?

A South African man got the scare of his life after doing just that.

The unidentified man - who was mistaken for dead after being knocked out by an asthma attack - woke up Sunday afternoon, about 21 hours after his family had called an undertaker, according to a spokesman for the Eastern Cape department of health, Sizwe Kupelo. The morgue's owner, Ayanda Maqolo, said he sent his driver to collect the "body" shortly after the family reported the apparent death. "When he got there, the driver examined the body, checked his pulse, looked for a heartbeat, but there was nothing," Maqolo said, adding that he thought the man was about 80.

But a day after the man was put in the locked refrigerated compartment, morgue workers heard someone yelling for help. They thought it was a ghost, Magolo said. The man was freed only after the police were called. Is there a lesson here? Kupelo, the health department spokesman, thinks so. He urged South Africans to call on health officials to confirm that their relatives are really dead.

That sounds like a good idea. A trained health official knows to pronounce someone dead only after following strict guidelines. In addition to checking for a pulse, these call for checking pupils for response to light, checking for response to touch, checking for heart sounds, and checking for breathing. And the unlucky man? He was taken to a nearby hospital and later discharged after doctors deemed him stable. His family was informed that he was alive during a family meeting convened to make funeral arrangements.

Said Magolo, they're very happy to have him home.


These two women who were friends meet at the Golden Gates and start talking why they wait to get in. So how did you die the first one woman asks. Well I froze to death the second one replies and how about you.

Well I was sure my husband was cheating on me so I came home early one day to try and catch him. When I got there I could tell by the way he was acting she was there, so I started seaching the house...running arround like a nut and I checking everywhere. I got myself so upset not finding her I had a heart attack and died.

The second one says...you should have looked in the freezer, maybe we both would still be alive !

Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 am

For those who don't know it...Old Mack is bi-polar (actually schizoaffective) and I'm having a episode...in fact I have been having a episode for awhile now. Maybe it's the heat but this one has been particularly a long bounce. It's been in the high 90's for weeks now and I have lost 4 Leyland Cypress I just planted...despite the fact we have been watering them every other day. Thats all for now and I'll have to wait for another bout to hyperpost.

BTW: the guy involved in the San Fran police shooting...despite the rumor that the police shot him in the back 5 times for not paying a mass transit fare, shot himself accidently while trying to shoot at the police. He was a wanted felon braking his parole besides illegaly posessing a handgun. There is scientific proof he shot at the police first and they only hit him once in the leg.

After Ignoring Islamic Affiliation of Terrorists, Media Push Incorrect Line That Breivik Is Christian By Aubrey Vaughan

Most journalists would never correlate terrorism with Islam for fear of being criticized as Islamophobic, but now they are relishing in the opportunity to connect Norwegian terrorist Anders Breivik to Christianity using a fairly weak link.

Breivik, who published a manifesto hours before his shooting spree, discussed his cultural connection to Christianity only as a vehicle by which he could accomplish his goal of a pure Nordic race. He even wrote, "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie." Nevertheless, Breivik's supposedly radical Christian beliefs are making the headlines, instead of his truly radical belief of eliminating Muslims through modern eugenics.

While the media generally label Muslim terrorists as a tiny faction of Muslim extremists, they are not applying the same standard to an extremist "Christian" terrorist, who would seemingly be categorized in the same way. Instead, they are taking the opportunity to warn of threats of Christian and right-wing extremism in America and Europe.

Furthermore, Breivik's direct ties to Christianity aren't even accurate. After the publication of his 1500-page manifesto, it is evident that Breivik's connection to Christianity is for cultural and political, not religious, reasons, using Christianity as the most unifying factor to create an Aryan race. According to Breivik,

Myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God. We do however believe in Christianity as a cultural, social, identity and moral platform. This makes us Christian.

Breivik self-identifies as a "cultural Christian" who only sees Christianity as "essential for cultural reasons." He explains, "Christianity is the ONLY cultural platform that can unite all Europeans," which, according to him, would be needed to expel Muslims through eugenics. Breivik goes on to say the taboo against eugenics only exists because of the Holocaust, and eugenics should be employed to eliminate Muslims and protect a traditional Europe.

[W]e need to get over [the eugenics] taboo as soon as possible because it is estimated that the Nordic genotypes will be extinct completely within 200 years...The Nordic genotypes might be wiped out within 200 years and yet not a single counter-measure has been employed to prevent this from happening due to the fact that it is considered politically incorrect.

Nevertheless, many outlets quickly jumped at the opportunity to have a right-wing, Christian extremist terrorist. The New York Times opens its article on the shooting with a direct correlation to Christianity.

The Norwegian man charged Saturday with a pair of attacks in Oslo that killed at least 92 people left behind a detailed manifesto outlining his preparations and calling for a Christian war to defend Europe against the threat of Muslim domination, according to Norwegian and American officials familiar with the investigation.

In a second analysis, the Times describes Breivik's manifesto as being "the closest thing yet to a Christian version of Al Qaeda."

On closer inspection, however, Mr. Breivik’s worldview does not fit squarely into any of the established categories of right-wing ideology, like white supremacism, ultranationalism or Christian fundamentalism. Rather, it reveals a new doctrine of civilizational war that represents the closest thing yet to a Christian version of Al Qaeda.

At the Washington Post, Susan Brooks Thislethwaite says, "Christians are often reluctant to see these connections between their religion and extreme violence," adding that "[t]he rise of this type of right-wing extremism is not confined to Europe but is also a growing threat in the U.S."

Anders Behring Breivik has now “acknowledged” that he carried out the horrific series of attacks in Norway that have left at least 76 dead. He has been described by police there as a “Christian fundamentalist.” His rambling “manifesto” calls for a “Christian war to defend Europe against the threat of Muslim domination.” Christians should not turn away from this information, but try to come to terms with the temptations to violence in the theologies of right-wing Christianity.

Time Magazine denies the accuracy of journalists arguing against Breivik's Christian identification.

Ever since the murderous rampage in Norway last week, Bill O’Reilly and other American conservatives have sought to insist that the alleged Norwegian terrorist Anders Breivik is not a Christian. “Breivik is not a Christian,” O’Reilly said on his Fox News show on Tuesday. “That’s impossible. No one believing in Jesus commits mass murder.” Elsewhere on the channel, Fox contributor Ralph Peters argued that “[Breivik] defines himself as a Christian, but you know, anybody can claim anything.” And conservative Christian activist Jordan Sekulow wrote at the Washington Post that “to label Breivik a ‘Christian’ requires a depraved understanding of what it means to be a Christian.”

While the element of cultural Christianity in Breivik's manifesto should be part of the coverage in his horrific shooting spree, it should not be the whole story. Just as Muslim terrorists are criticized for their extremist philosophies instead of their religious beliefs, Breivik's extremist philosophies encouraging eugenics and a pure Aryan race should be making the headlines, not his weak ties to Christianity.


David Ehrenstein

Update: WILKES-BARRE(AP) — Authorities say a man is charged with using a stolen handgun to shoot a toilet at a bar in northeastern Pennsylvania. Police say they received a report of a toilet that was shot in the men's room at Shooters Bar in Wilkes-Barre early Tuesday.

This reminds me of the time the guy got stabbed at The friendly Tavern in Upper darby, PA where I use to live.





Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  tatiana on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Old Mack wrote: For those that don't know it, I am bi-polar and have terrible bouts of depression and then crazy mood swings.


i knew that.....

tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 57
Location : Here & Now

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  felix on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:15 pm

tatiana wrote:
Old Mack wrote: For those that don't know it, I am bi-polar and have terrible bouts of depression and then crazy mood swings.


i knew that.....
I think probably all of us know it ...

felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Posts : 831
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : see the chicken?

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Lee Van Queef on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:37 pm


Lee Van Queef

Posts : 511
Join date : 2011-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Lets slow things down manbearpig fans ! The guy has left alot out but just the same this is a really good read if you have the time. I have been to a ton of shows here (Bruce on News Year Eve, almost front Row seats for Dylan, almost front row seats for The Dead, Jerry Garcia Band on Halloween, Jerry garcia siting in the last row in the last seat, etc, etc. Yeah it's a great place for concerts, just don't walk up the street at night time. The list of people who have played there is endless !

The Tower Theater by By Tim Newby FEB 2005

We pickup at the end of the first paragraph:

The Theatre seemed to be as much a part of the show as the band was that night. I left that night after the show, running over the setlist in my head, all the classic Femmes songs I came to hear, “American Music,” “Gone Daddy Gone,” “Blister in the Sun,” but the next day when telling friends about the show I found myself talking about the venue itself just as much as the music. Describing to them the warm personality of the place and how it had welcomed me in for the show.

The Tower Theatre, on the corner of 69th and Ludlow in Upper Darby, PA just outside Philadelphia began life in 1927. Built in record time, the then 3500 seats were installed in just five days, a fact the manufacturer, The Stone Company, took great pride in. Taking its name from the large blue tower like structure that sits atop the building, that at one time was capped with a large lighted rotating ball used to attract patrons. To this day it still sports its classic wrap-around marquee announcing upcoming shows, that is topped with tall red illuminated letters spelling out “Tower.”

The Tower served as a vaudeville showplace for the first part of its career, but during the late 1930’s and early 1940’s with vaudeville on the decline, it began to show movies in addition to its live acts. It would still host the occasional live show, but movies became its primary attraction in the 50’s and 60’s. In the early 70’s it was sold and converted into a live music locale. Despite the shift in entertainment, the Tower retained its classic charm and style, and with its roots as a vaudeville stage, it was soon discovered by touring bands of the time that it possessed great acoustics as well.

These great acoustics have served well, as many bands have taken advantage of them to record live albums there. David Bowie recorded his July 10, 1974 show at the Tower and released it as David Live. The FM radio show, The King Biscuit Flower Hour made an art form out of broadcasting live concerts over the airwaves and many of these masterpieces were recorded at the Tower. They broadcast Kansas’ comeback show on Valentines Day 1989 at the Tower and eventually released it on CD. David Crosby recorded his return to the stage after his many troubles in the mid 1980’s at the Tower April 8, 1989, with The King Biscuit Flower Hour on hand to broadcast it and later to release it as a live recording. Jethro Tull’s show there November 25, 1987, was originally broadcast live on Philadelphia radio station WMMR. It was later edited down for the King Biscuit Power Hour. Many of the songs from that night ended up on the Essential Tull Live CD, which was part of their Box Set. Some bands have taken advantage of both the great acoustics and great visuals of the theatre. Rusted Root filmed their two-night stand there, December 12-13, 1996, and released it as video that came with a live CD from the show. This video showcased not only the band, but the theatre as well, giving a glimpse into many of the unseen backstage areas.

With a seating capacity of 3119, the Tower serves as great spot for young bands on the rise and for much larger bands looking to play an intimate show. The Rolling Stones stopped by on their Forty Licks tour in 2002, as part of their three-night stand in Philadelphia (the other two nights being at the much larger Wachovia Center and Veterans Stadium), and by all accounts tore the roof off the place. As one person put it, they were so close to the stage they, “could smell the smoke on Keith Richards breath.” With the general admission area in front of the stage going the way of grunge and flannel shirts, the venues capacity is down slightly, owing to the permanent addition of seats (they used to be removed for certain shows). With its roots as a vaudeville and movie house, the floor was built slightly sloped from the front up to the back, providing excellent sight lines from any seat on the floor. If one happens to secure a seat in the balcony, they will get a very unique view of the band. It feels and appears that if you lean to far forward you will topple over onto the stage.

Despite the sign posted over the door upon entering stating “Air Conditioned,” this fact is up for some debate. Shows at the Tower have been known to become notoriously hot and stuffy, even in the dead of winter. This and a staff that can be called a bit overzealous at times are the most common complaints about the place, but a roster of strong bands that continue to visit the old Theatre is an easy remedy for both of them.

The Tower Theatre has seen many things cross its stage in the thirty years it has been serving as one of Philadelphia’s premiere live music venues. Perry Farrell storming off stage after being hit by a drink thrown from the crowd during a Jane’s Addiction show in November 1990. This brought the show to a screeching halt only two songs into their set, setting off a mini riot of sorts. It has been turned into the Enchanted Forest for a moe. Halloween show (10/31/00) that came complete with Pink Floyd style screens above the stage that had the Wizard of Oz projected on them as the band barreled through the classic Pink Floyd album Dark Side of the Moon in sync with the movie. It has seen a diverse roster of comedians and musicians grace the stage, leaving their own mark on the historic place. And it even saw a 19 year old, have his world shaken up by not only the sounds he heard, but also by the sights he saw.




Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:35 pm




Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  TinyMontgomery on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:03 pm

I agree, Mack.

It's a dog's life in the Navy.

TinyMontgomery

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:10 pm

You must enter a message when posting.



Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm just trying to bump this thread to the next page...BUT anyhow what does any of this have to do with Codename: Mackadamia ?

eddie wrote:Don't Vote! It Just Encourages the Bastards by PJ O'Rourke – review

You won't agree with rightwing US satirist PJ O'Rourke – but you can enjoy shouting at him for his views in this book

Jessica Holland The Observer, Sunday 31 July 2011


PJ O'Rourke: thinks the US government needs to butt out of people’s lives. Photograph: Anne Ryan/Polaris

It's important, as PJ O'Rourke says in this good-naturedly cantankerous polemic, to shout at the radio now and again. He listens to National Public Radio rather than fellow rightwinger Rush Limbaugh, because "when I'm in the car, I want the only one shouting to be me". There's no point being preached to when you're already a convert.


Don't Vote: It Just Encourages the Bastards by P.J. O'Rourke

It's in this spirit that Observer readers should pick up this book, because when O'Rourke's not making jokes or being gleefully ridiculous – saying that foreign aid is like spoiling your kids, that as a conservative he hates fun, and that Obama carries the "white man's burden" – he makes a heartfelt argument for what's at the core of Republicanism: the idea that government is too big.

In case you missed that argument, there are some subtle signposts, such as the third section of the book being called "Putting Our Big, Fat Political Ass On a Diet". There are some sensible bits, such as an outcry over a penny costing almost two cents to make, and less sensible bits, such as the suggestion that global warming has been "tarted up", or that state-funded healthcare results in the guy from the Department of Motor Vehicles doing your heart bypass.

In short, O'Rourke thinks America is in too much debt, the government needs to butt out of people's lives, and the people helping the country most are Wall Street traders coughing up taxes for as long as it takes before they're thrown in jail. This is backed up by quotes from Adam Smith and stats on fiscal policy, although with O'Rourke refusing to keep a straight face for more than a line or two, it's hard to work out how much of it to take seriously.

Take a chapter called "Why I'm Right". In it, O'Rourke explains that he was brought up a Republican, became a Marxist in college due to cute beatniks, and switched sides as soon as he got a job. He made the transition back the night his wife gave birth: "Suddenly I was an opponent of change."

This isn't to say his values don't run deep – O'Rourke's a libertarian through and through – but don't buy this book looking for careful deliberation. Buy it because agreeing is much less fun than shouting.
Isn't it kinda like spaming Old Macks thread ?


Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:26 pm

Still not there yet...well I try posting some of my FAV pictures.






Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Come on...whats going on here !












Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:42 pm

(Slow Train by Bobby Dylan plays in the background)

Fellow suffers...this is not my good bye letter BUT I think I wont be posting here much longer.

Before, I do I'd like to explain why I (re)started The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! and why I included another posters post from 'another website.' My first post or this one has nothing to do with being a 'self-regarding, narcissistic troll' and if thats what you think please leave now...because I'll be talking about my FAV subject: ME ! Ya know if you don't love yourself over others, your fucked up and thats why in real life people get walked on.

The reason I started this thread and included another posters post from 'another website' is because I am bi-polar psycoeffective and I have been really on the edge lately. Where others might have done something really crazy and harmful, I picked up a keyboard as a release. At the time I plan'd on lacing the new Codename: Mackadamia with other posters post from the ORG Codename: Mackadamia from 'another website.' Now that I am coming down from bout I see it wasn't a good idea and alot of stuff on the WWW is cyber silliness.

Last month I really stressed out and almost ended up in the nut house once again from it. On top of that we have been having a heat wave and I can't take the heat which has virtually made me come to a stand still. I mean if I go out and water the bunch of Leland Cypresses I had just planeted a few months ago...I'm mentally and phyically wiped out. Lab Rat (my squeeze) called the local mental health clinic to make a appointment for me to get a MED ajustment. They wouldn't give me appointment because I owe them $35. The thing is it was because of thier mistake not because I don't pay my debts. I feel like I have the mark of cain on my forehead, I'm telling ya.

OK, OK here's just one example whats going on...I borrowed $$$ to put up a fence and afterwards decided I bit off more than I could chew. Not because I can't do it but but because my property is all on a grade and it makes the J O B alot harder, which I didn't figure that in til afterwards. Also I ended up spending ALMOST double the $$$ of what I had figured it to be. I had to go to three different places to get my stuff and three times my order came in messed up. Now all of that is no big deal except you have to remember my brain ain't wired right and this put a strain on my relationship with Lab Rat (my squeeze) who already has her hands full dealing with me even when I don't go on missions half cocked. (times that by a bunch of other zany things that are going on.)

Back to not posting here: as I have written I think of this place as a little club and not the cyber nut house that I use to hyperpost at, which I still haven't cyber decompressed from. I pretty much lurked here a long time, maybe throwing a post out not and than and that was good enough. Anyhow the dynamics here are a little different and not as political as I am use to and I don't want to change that.

Recently, I have been cyber harassed with personal attacks here by a poster who did the same thing at 'another website.' I know alot of you think that because said poster called Lab Rat (my squeeze) a crackwhore at another website it shouldn't effect my posting here. And it really, really doesn't matter except I don't want to feed into it and engage in a petty cyber war that will disturb the flow here and I can see that's all that lays cyber ahead for me. I don't want to involve other people in this silliness and also I'm scared this guy might come to my house and loot it and than burn it down.

You may or may not know, I hear voices that tell me stuff like blow my head off. Most people who have my mental health problems (to the degree I do) would have probably done it by now. I fight my illness every inch of the way and tell those voices to shut the fuck up. That's because I have a handle on it and that handle when I can really grab it, tells me no good will come out of responding to some other nut on the WWW who has a need to bother me and gets something out of it. At another larger website, I might enjoy going tit for tat just to goof on him and lead him on BUT not here ! So I think, I'll just tip my hat and roll with the changes and hope whoever you are, where ever you are, you'll know...posting is part of my therapy. (Old Mack spends about 10 hours a day surfing the WWW...mostly reading news sites...thats kinda scarry isn't it)

Thank you and God bless ! (watch for part two of this post)

I can only guess that those who think I'm being narcissistic by posting my picture are to stupid to understand I'm just trying to be funny and be a cyber nut. For you non-Americans who might not get the picture...I'm wearing a Republican t-shirt and doing my best Richard Nixon pose in front of the Democrats HQ, right before the last Presidental election.


Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Old Mack on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:02 pm

When nuts on the WWW make long post at message boards, I never bother to read them.

When I make long post on message boards, I never care if anyone reads them or not.

Anyhow...here's a great example of ultraliberal behavior.

Jay Carney, meet Jay Carney.

In 2001, the then-Time magazine reporter wrote a snarky piece criticizing President George W. Bush's month-long vacation that was billed as a "Home to the Heartland" tour. But almost exactly 10 years later Carney, now the Obama White House's press secretary, is defending President Barack Obama's Midwest job-creation tour and vacation at Martha's Vineyard. "I don't think Americans out there would begrudge that notion that the President would spend some time with his family," claimed Carney at a recent press briefing.

But that's exactly what he, as a private citizen working for Time, did in 2001 with a Republican in the White House, even though the unemployment rate the month before Obama's vacation (9.1 percent) was almost double what it was the month before Bush's (4.6 percent.) Referring to one stop in the tour where Bush assisted in building a trail at the Rocky Mountain National Park, Carney chided: "Bush didn't actually help build that trail so much as he posed for the cameras as he simulated the act of helping build the trail."

Fast forward to August 2011, when Carney complained "the air of cynicism is quite thick" in the briefing room after reporters questioned Obama's upcoming road trip, adding, "The idea that the President of the United States should not venture forth into the country is ridiculous."

Never mind that years earlier the former Time reporter lamented Bush's "cynical attempt" to shape public opinion with a cross-country bus tour. Obama recently promised he "will not rest" until the jobs issue is solved, right before announcing his month-long vacation to Martha's Vineyard. Tisk tisk, Mr. President. 2001 Jay Carney would not be pleased.


Old Mack

Posts : 770
Join date : 2011-05-03
Location : Highway 61

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  tatiana on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Old Mack wrote:(Slow Train by Bobby Dylan plays in the background)

Fellow suffers...this is not my good bye letter BUT I think I wont be posting here much longer.

Before, I do I'd like to explain why I (re)started The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia ! and why I included another posters post from 'another website.' My first post or this one has nothing to do with being a 'self-regarding, narcissistic troll' and if thats what you think please leave now...because I'll be talking about my FAV subject: ME ! Ya know if you don't love yourself over others, your fucked up and thats why in real life people get walked on.

The reason I started this thread and included another posters post from 'another website' is because I am bi-polar psycoeffective and I have been really on the edge lately. Where others might have done something really crazy and harmful, I picked up a keyboard as a release. At the time I plan'd on lacing the new Codename: Mackadamia with other posters post from the ORG Codename: Mackadamia from 'another website.' Now that I am coming down from bout I see it wasn't a good idea and alot of stuff on the WWW is cyber silliness.

Last month I really stressed out and almost ended up in the nut house once again from it. On top of that we have been having a heat wave and I can't take the heat which has virtually made me come to a stand still. I mean if I go out and water the bunch of Leland Cypresses I had just planeted a few months ago...I'm mentally and phyically wiped out. Lab Rat (my squeeze) called the local mental health clinic to make a appointment for me to get a MED ajustment. They wouldn't give me appointment because I owe them $35. The thing is it was because of thier mistake not because I don't pay my debts. I feel like I have the mark of cain on my forehead, I'm telling ya.

OK, OK here's just one example whats going on...I borrowed $$$ to put up a fence and afterwards decided I bit off more than I could chew. Not because I can't do it but but because my property is all on a grade and it makes the J O B alot harder, which I didn't figure that in til afterwards. Also I ended up spending ALMOST double the $$$ of what I had figured it to be. I had to go to three different places to get my stuff and three times my order came in messed up. Now all of that is no big deal except you have to remember my brain ain't wired right and this put a strain on my relationship with Lab Rat (my squeeze) who already has her hands full dealing with me even when I don't go on missions half cocked. (times that by a bunch of other zany things that are going on.)

Back to not posting here: as I have written I think of this place as a little club and not the cyber nut house that I use to hyperpost at, which I still haven't cyber decompressed from. I pretty much lurked here a long time, maybe throwing a post out not and than and that was good enough. Anyhow the dynamics here are a little different and not as political as I am use to and I don't want to change that.

Recently, I have been cyber harassed with personal attacks here by a poster who did the same thing at 'another website.' I know alot of you think that because said poster called Lab Rat (my squeeze) a crackwhore at another website it shouldn't effect my posting here. And it really, really doesn't matter except I don't want to feed into it and engage in a petty cyber war that will disturb the flow here and I can see that's all that lays cyber ahead for me. I don't want to involve other people in this silliness and also I'm scared this guy might come to my house and loot it and than burn it down.

You may or may not know, I hear voices that tell me stuff like blow my head off. Most people who have my mental health problems (to the degree I do) would have probably done it by now. I fight my illness every inch of the way and tell those voices to shut the fuck up. That's because I have a handle on it and that handle when I can really grab it, tells me no good will come out of responding to some other nut on the WWW who has a need to bother me and gets something out of it. At another larger website, I might enjoy going tit for tat just to goof on him and lead him on BUT not here ! So I think, I'll just tip my hat and roll with the changes and hope whoever you are, where ever you are, you'll know...posting is part of my therapy. (Old Mack spends about 10 hours a day surfing the WWW...mostly reading news sites...thats kinda scarry isn't it)

Thank you and God bless ! (watch for part two of this post)

I can only guess that those who think I'm being narcissistic by posting my picture are to stupid to understand I'm just trying to be funny and be a cyber nut. For you non-Americans who might not get the picture...I'm wearing a Republican t-shirt and doing my best Richard Nixon pose in front of the Democrats HQ, right before the last Presidental election.


i read this, and while i cannot speak for anyone else here.....you do not bother me too much....


i can completely understand what you went through with building that fence.
i recently had some yard renovations done here also.
done by tradesmen...not by me
what started out to be a simple job...turned into something HUGE
i was lucky that i had the extra $$$'s to get the extra stuff done, but yes, i completely understand about the stress that goes with such a project when it gets out of control.
worse when you have already dug the ground, then you discover that you need a retaining wall.....i needed 3 that i had not expected, one made out of cement and 2 out of timber sleepers. all of them absolutely needed because of the grade of this block also


mental health disfunctions are a part of life these days,
either the person has the trouble themselves...or they know someone who does.

i know plenty of people with quite a variety of illnesses, and are going through a wide range of treatments, both legal or otherwise.
you are not alone....and i am not talking about the voices that only you can be listening to.

Labrat (your squeeze) must be a lovely lady also, tell her i said hello.


although i must admit...i don't read most of your political posts (politics suck), mack, you are okay.....

tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 57
Location : Here & Now

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  pinhedz on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Mack generally looks gracious and forgiving when compared to his attackers.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11527
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:56 pm

...hi mack, I don't read your posts because I like poetry and don't know enough about politics to make an informed opinion about them, so I leave those posts alone. And I'm guessing you're not trawling the poetry thread either Very Happy

...you say you can't take the heat from the heatwave...I can relate to that. It's always hot where I am, it just gets hotter in summer. Sends people mad. Someone usually cracks just before the monsoon. We call it going troppo. It's like being possessed ...good thing that we've all had our turn in this town so that no-one can point the finger Very Happy Take care.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The horrible death and resurrection of Codename: Mackadamia !

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:53 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum