WOW! LJ witnesses his own wake

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WOW! LJ witnesses his own wake

Post  pinhedz on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:25 am

Stan54
Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:42 am

The Bye Bye Long John thread at ER - which really is like getting to go to your own wake - has wound down into a discussion of eating dogs. Thanks to "The Future" aka "Basement Tapes" aka "Little Fishes" which I think is about as perfect as a wake can end. Drinks fly, fists are thrown, and, as is the mark of any party that has a shot for "best pary" status, the police arrive.

Over the Hill, who is sort of, metaphorically, the white picket fense at the start of "Blue Velvet", has just declared herself a vegetarian. I was already under the assumption you had to be one of those to get into the Grammys (unless you were nominated for something having to do with "heavy metal' which is how the guys from Jethro Tull were able to hit Wendy's on their way to the ceremony...).

I just don't want it (the thread) to diappear before Queen Jane posts a 22 page thing which, after reading, you will still be unclear on whether she eats dogs or not.

I gotta stop peaking.

GypsyD

Stan54 wrote:I just don't want it (the thread) to diappear before Queen Jane posts a 22 page thing which, after reading, you will still be unclear on whether she eats dogs or not.
I skip here posts. They make my brain hurt. I have no idea what she is saying or not saying.

pinhedz

Stan54 wrote:I gotta stop peaking.
There are many who learned that the hard way, after peaking too soon.

Stan54

I tell myself... it's just the drugs....

therevelator

God, Stan, I had no idea you were peeking at all the "Goodbye LJ" threads. Embarrassing. I think they were pretty much in your favor, tho. I liked my own post which said that "Lots of LJ's threads made people go apeshit, and lots of threads by others made LJ go apeshit. And wasn't that a GOOD thing?" And someone actually answered "no." Problem in that place was that no one could post anything that was excitable because there was a censorship hammerlock. You've got to admit there's irony, after making so many intelligent posts, that you got brought
down by an innocuous remark to Still Muck, because he decided to hold his breath until he turned blue. I thought the mod and KE would see through that one. Your remark had all the menace and hatefulness of going up to the guy and saying "pull my finger." The way that played out was quite surprising.

"I'm lonesome Cowboy Burt peekin' at ya."

therevelator

While we're at it,

Hey Stan, pull my finger.

Frances Jones

Shocked you have been banned ? i don't know anything anymore about ER... but you were one of the older members and all that

ER is to much confusion for my little head (much more when its in english that i can't understand )
Neutral

Cook Pass Babtridge

Stan54 wrote:Over the Hill has just declared herself a vegetarian.
That bit is classic. Her exact words: "this thread has become so disgusting that it has turned into yet another reminder that I'm really glad to be a vegetarian." Brilliant stuff, I though she/he/it was gonna say that the thread had got so disgusting its a reminder why she is going to stop clicking on it, or posting at ER etc... but no!

I skipped every page out and just started reading it from page 14. Good stuff.Laughing Also on the same page, from GypsyCrazy: "Good ridence to bad Rubbish". Laughing

Stan54

twood50785 wrote:Also on the same page, from GypsyCrazy: "Good ridence to bad Rubbish". :LOL:
The Gypsy... revealed at last!

Cook Pass Babtridge

lol!

Hosni

How many Beatles Forums have you been kicked out of for the recommendation of incest? flower

Stan54

The Future wrote:How many Beatles Forums have you been kicked out of for the recommendation of incest? flower
I told somebody to go fuck Ringo's mum once. Not the same thing though.

therevelator

Frances Jones wrote:
Shocked you have been banned ? i don't know anything anymore about ER... but you were one of the older members Neutral
He was the oldest member by about 12 years. He's the only one who was posting from an "assisted living" facility.

jimb727

Frances Jones wrote:ER is to much confusion for my little head (much more when its in english that i can't understand ) Neutral
Don't worry FJ alot of it is hard to understand if you SPEAK Engligh

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: WOW! LJ witnesses his own wake

Post  sil on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:45 am

So why are you re-posting this?
scratch

sil

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:06 am

Because the cached threads are expiring fast, and we have to act quickly to preserve them.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:15 pm

He hasn't posted at ER in several weeks.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  felix on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:32 am

pinhedz wrote:Because the cached threads are expiring fast, and we have to act quickly to preserve them.

Too true Sad

Thanks for rescuing this, pinz. I hadn't seen it before (it WAS before my time by a year or so). It's classic. The humour of several notorious posters is inspirational. Stan the Man, the ole Bloodhound hisself, the Rev, Twoodsy, our Twoodsy - ta muchly, all. cat

felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  sil on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:39 am

It made me feel a bit sad when I saw that pic joke...

sil

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:02 am

bam balam doo wrote:It made me feel a bit sad when I saw that pic joke...
I know what you mean; I don't think it hurt GypsyDaisy, tho.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Mac Doobie on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:32 am

What is this?

Mac Doobie

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:47 am

Sensationalist recycled threads such as these should be banned. The last thing we we need here is any intimation if excitement, however false it may be.

precinct14
Coming up empty from the piggy bank?

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:27 am

Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top