all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malthusian scare tactics or genuine concern - you decide

3 posters

Go down

Malthusian scare tactics or genuine concern - you decide Empty Malthusian scare tactics or genuine concern - you decide

Post  ISN Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:58 am

it seems that the planet will become too small for the projected number of humans........(help - develop alternative planet to colonise????)

as we all know this attitude (Malthusian) fostered many murdering eugenicists.....

the question is.......can the planet handle the amount of people that we are gonna get if we're not careful

how comfortable are you with abortion?

how comfortable are you with summary sterilisation - with the involuntary sterilisation of (women mostly) in third world countries - like what Planned Parenthood does (and I know, cos I worked for them once upon a time)

is it as serious as it seems (hoping Andy might chime in on this)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/oneworld/20110530/wl_oneworld/63531670531306779881;_ylt=AqXaHwbQY2EdrTk6Xlk7OfC9F4l4;_ylu=X3oDMTM5aWVnOHJiBGFzc2V0A29uZXdvcmxkLzIwMTEwNTMwLzYzNTMxNjcwNTMxMzA2Nzc5ODgxBGNjb2RlA3JkbmJlBGNwb3MDNwRwb3MDNwRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3BvcHVsYXRpb25leA--
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Malthusian scare tactics or genuine concern - you decide Empty Re: Malthusian scare tactics or genuine concern - you decide

Post  ISN Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:17 am

I can't wait until this thread is saved from the cache after AATU becomes AAATU (in its third incarnation)

I am just waiting for the fukkin morons to upset the apple-cart........

you would think they are having enough fun on ER without having to inflict their stupidity on our site.......

anyway - I've always been in favour of AA......hehehe.......so I'm not too upset

kind of tired though...... Sleep
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Malthusian scare tactics or genuine concern - you decide Empty Re: Malthusian scare tactics or genuine concern - you decide

Post  sil Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:43 pm

alien

Last edited by sil on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
sil
sil

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Human beings have had such an impact on the planet Earth that a new geological era (the Anthropocene) has had to be nominated.

The Anthropocene stratum consists of disposable plastic (water bottles, for the most part?) and nuclear radiation.

^ All this is true, by the way.
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:39 pm

There is and always has been enough for the world's need
But there will not always be enough for the world's greed !

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum