Fave Hip Hop

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fave Hip Hop

Post  sil on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:07 pm

^Yep, you posted that and I liked it. But I should listen to it while reading the lyrics cause I have no clue what they're talking about

sil

Back to top Go down

Post  sil on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Thank you, SJ.

sil

Back to top Go down

Post  felix on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:24 pm

US R&B?/Hip-Hop No 1 in 2000

felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:33 pm

Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:00 am

^^

I didn't think I would, but, I really enjoyed that and what a great video !!

Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:42 am

Jimmys457's comment on the song is: "uninspiring lyrics. You would need an IQ of Forrest Gump to come up with the lyrics to this song."

Cool guy.

But yeah, the video is nice. It's not really hip-hop, but I wanted an excuse to post it.

Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:11 am

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Van Queef on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:26 pm

My actual favourite:

Lee Van Queef

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Notice This and Wash Your Butt, Klown
by Crunk O. Beasley
Hoppity Ballerz Quarterly

The luxurious sheen of Jay-Z and Kanye West's Watch the Throne has beamed brilliantly over the last few weeks of the hip-hop hype cycle. But amongst the chatter marveling at the upscale audacity of it all, there came a sobering and grounded moment just before the album's release, when Chuck D uploaded his response to Watch the Throne's lead single, "Otis." Flipping the song into "Notice -- Know This," the YouTube video saw the Public Enemy frontman clad in a baseball cap turned to the back, addressing his laptop screen and balancing Jay and 'Ye's high-end consumerism with what he termed "a polite respect call to the troops."

Chuck's two curt verses addressed the common man -- the person who'll never own a Benz (singular), and would clear up credit card bills and debts before splashing on a Hublot -- as he spoke about "45 years of fucked-up health" and "losing homes." When he threw in the barb "No swagger," it resonated like a rap slogan sadly never to become a meme, let alone a movement. Of course, "Notice -- Know This" has been largely overlooked, but for those who were listening, the song and its sentiment offer a persuasive reminder that hip-hop needs a statement from Public Enemy just as much as it needs Jay reading off his bank balance.

Predictably, the murmur that "Notice -- Know This" did create focused on whether Chuck's missive was dissing, hating, or criticizing Jay and 'Ye. It's a charge symptomatic of the times, not the song (which opens with the disclaimer "No disrespect to our heroes"). These days, every comment that doesn't lavish praise on a rapper and their music is seen as an outright expression of jealous hatred. (In hip-hop, you cannot tweet that the weather outside looks miserable without having to add a "no shots" disclaimer to the end of the sentence.)

But Chuck hails from a different time in hip-hop, where straight-talking and responsive dialogue were a part of the cultural commentary. Back and forth debate -- among rappers, critics, and fans -- should be encouraged, not stifled. But instead, we're suffering through an era censored by the decorum of "hating," with only the mythical antidote of "balance" offered as a remedy.

afro

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:40 pm

While KanYeezy is overseas at the Way Out West festival with singer Prince in Sweden, Jay thought he’d explain the meaning behind the title of the much anticipated skeeznapple.

In an interview with Lorenzo “Ice Tea” Thomas, radio host on Miami’s 99 Jamz Radio, the “Otis” rapper enlightened the listeners by explaining-

king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king
“It’s just protecting the music and the culture. It’s: people that’s in the forefront of music, it’s like "Watch the Throne", protect it. You just watch how popular music shifts and how hip-hop has basically replaced rock and roll as the youth music. The same thing could happen to hip-hop, it could be replaced by other forms of music. So it’s just making sure that we put that effort into making the BEST product so we can contend with all this other music, with all the dance music that’s dominating the charts right now and indie music that’s dominating the festivals and still hold off rock ‘n’ roll. Just to hold our place and make sure that the hip-hop culture is still the most DOMINANT form of music around the world.”

king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king

afro

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  felix on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:30 am

felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:01 am

I wish I could find a clip of this one:

"I hate your struttin' style, and your goddamn silly smile,
and your 10-cent diamonds and your 5-cent butts, ooohh, I hates your guts.
Sombody's got to carve you up and set these people free,
and the writing on the wall says it's goin' to be me.
Friends with you lowlife? Hell no, I'm figuring' to break your bones,
one by one ..."

and it goes on like that.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:08 pm

o1e
2wo
thr33
fou4
fiv5

Stone Phillip's Blogg

During his nine-month sentence at Rikers Island for weapons possession, a number of members from the Hip Hop community visited Lil Wayne including Diddy, Trae and Fat Joe. But during a performance of his “I Am Still Music” tour in Kansas City, Missouri, Wayne took a moment to thank one fellow emcee in particular.

“Visiting me in there was kind of difficult for anyone to do, because I was considered a high-profile inmate,” Wayne explained to a crowd of about 8,000. “So you had to go through a whole bunch of shit just to come visit me. When anybody would come to visit me, I would be over-excited and over-elated because I know they had to go through so much just to come and see me for an hour or two. But there was one brother that came to see me, and his name is Tech N9ne. Ever since that day, we kind of formed an alliance…but it’s a little stronger."

According to Tech N9ne, he actually visited Rikers twice due to a miscommunication that caused him to arrive on the wrong day. Members from Wayne’s camp said the Grammy-winning emcee didn’t believe Tech would show up for the visit, which later provided some inspiration for the Tech N9ne song, “The Boogeyman.” But the two emcees did eventually meet, and Tech shared Wayne’s sentiments that the bond proved to be mutually beneficial both in and outside of the booth.

“I think it had a lot to do with Wayne saying my name, dog,” Tech N9ne told Hi-HopDX, when asked about his newfound popularity with younger crowds.

6ix
se7en
ei8ht
n9ne

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Now that I'm watching videos recorded in my city I've found this one, and I can't help posting it here.

That guy I know him by sight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Whereas the rise of the Empire of Mali was swift, its decline was gradual. In the 15th century it had lost its ability to dominate the affairs of the Western Sudan for it had shrunk into the tiny principality of Kangaba, back to where it first emerged in its Malinke heartland. It was not until the 17th century did Mali completely lose its political identity as it had broken up into a number of small independent chiefdoms.

The first outward sign of Mali's weakness occurred during the reign of Musa's son Maghan I who ruled between 1337 to 1341. During this period the Mossi of present day Burkina Faso raided across Manding and devastated Timbuktu. The Tuareg of the Sahara conquered the northern part of the empire. There were as many as 6 kings within the space of forty years from 1360 to 1400 and a series of civil wars and coup d'etat. Many provinces took advantage of the intermittent power vacuums to break away. In the second half of the 15th century, the Songhai, under their brilliant leader, Sunni Ali, conquered Jenne and Timbuktu and replaced Songhai as the most important power in the Western Sudan.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:25 pm

The Mandinka lived in scattered villages ruled by village chiefs. Mandinka political unity was brought about by a racial reaction against the oppressive rule of Sumanguru Kante, the Serahule ruler who conquered Mandinka territory after he had established his rule in Kumbi. It was when the scattered Mandingo community came together to resist the oppressive rule of Sumanguru Kante, that the insurgent Mandinka found a national hero in Makhara Makhang Konate, otherwise known as Sunjatta Keita.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:54 am

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Shocked

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:19 am

my NOT fave hip-hopping is when middle-class Australian white girls rap in the style of Atlanta, USA. My objection is not moral, but purely aesthetic, i.e. ear and lower jaw pains

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:57 pm

and how often do you find them, or how often are they present in your sphere?

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:43 am

I believe that Yakima is objecting to Ms. Amethyst Amelia Kelly from Australia.

But Australia has many more aspiring rap artists, in fairness, shouldn't we give them all a listen?

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:29 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down