Krystian Zimerman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Krystian Zimerman

Post  pinhedz on Mon May 23, 2011 10:36 am

Cook Pass Babtridge

Man, this guy seriously has it in for Americans doesn't he?

GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY COUNTRY. cheers affraid

pinhedz

The missile defense shield would not be forced on Poland without agreement on the part of the Polish government. So, if the Polish government agrees to it, it would be hypocritical for Zimerman to ever play in Poland again.

Even putting aside any doubts I have about pianists as foreign policy experts, I find it very silly that Zimerman picked California as the place to deliver a message that should go to his own government.

It's like the Dixie chicks going to Europe to deliver a message to Bush (I realize they didn't really intend for the message to reach Bush--they thought they were out of ear shot).

Cook Pass Babtridge

who are the dixie chicks? And why the devil do I read their names so often on the forums? Are they any good?

Cook Pass Babtridge

Anyway, I heard he just hates you guys as you keep dismantling his pianos at customs.

pinhedz

That's probably why he won't come back. Can you imagine what would be left of his piano next time he goes through customs?

pinhedz

As for the Dixie Chicks--I suspect you're just asking if my spin is different from what you've heard, right?

OK, the Dixie Chicks are four pickers from Dallas, and they're also hotties.

They went to London right when Europe was enraged with Bush over the Iraq invasion. So, there they were, in front of what they figured was an audience of Texan haters. So they decide to pander to the audience, one of them said "We are ashamed that the President is from Texas." They probably thought the remark would stay between them and the London audience, but of course it didn't; the media spread it all around.

The Chicks, having committed a public relations blunder, couldn't take it back. So, they decided to tough it out and represent it as a courageous statement of their political convictions. One of them said "Americans have the right to question the policies of the US government."

This is where I have to ask: if you want to protest the policies of your government, shouldn't you direct your statements to your policymakers, instead of going to Europe to make the statement to a foreign concert audience? As it happened, word got back, but it was a bit roundabout. Several pop performers have written anti-Bush songs and put them out on CD, which seems to me a better way to disseminate a political view.

I'm convinced the Chicks really didn't want their US fans to know what they said in London, and only put on that political-protest face after they were caught (after all, they hadn't made any political statements as long as they were touring the US). It paid off in the end, because US public opinion eventually turned against Bush. The Chicks just suffered a little from a brief period of reduced ticket sales when they first returned from Europe.

pinhedz

Are they any good? Yes, I really like their picking.

Cook Pass Babtridge

I see. And yeah I was asking for your spin, although i wasn't seeing if it was any different to what I've heard as I've heard literally nothing... other than they are anti-bush. I wasnt aware they did this in london, im pretty sure they're not very 'big' over here....

what kind of music are they? sorry, i could just type it in and find out for myself. !

pinhedz

The Chicks are from Texas, so of course they play Texas music
(I wouldn't bother to answer this one if they weren't so cute):

Hosni

felix

Sleep Arrow Sleep

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Krystian Zimerman

Post  pinhedz on Mon May 23, 2011 10:17 pm