Multivision Programme I Last Eye-gested

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Multivision Programme I Last Eye-gested

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:28 am

it is true that Prince's regular speaking voice doesn't sound like that. Armisen is doing a comedic approximation of Prince's on-stage /on-record performing voice, which is more black, and hence more southern. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:12 am

That's right, Yak. Armisen was probably basing his impression on the spoken word intro to Let's Go Cray, since that is what most folks would associate with Prince-talk.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:09 pm

there is of course the much more famous Chappelle Prince

As the Star Tribune can attest, Prince Nelson's basketball skills were sufficient enough to humiliate Charlie Murphy

(a comedy sketch based on a true incident)

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:11 pm

photog proof has surfaced  

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:48 pm

I don't have a TV, but sources report that Ichabod is likely to get renewed. Shocked

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon May 02, 2016 7:55 am

SLEEPY HOLLOW WILL BE CANCELLED

http://www.inquisitr.com/3052031/canceled-tv-shows-2016-sleepy-hollow-will-likely-get-canceled-after-a-season-of-sinking-ratings-unpopular-character-decisions/

SLEEPY HOLLOW WILL BE RENEWED

http://masterherald.com/sleepy-hollow-season-4-likely-to-be-greenlit-by-fox-despite-a-frustrating-season-3-finale/39406/

(Ichabod's international celebrity could save the show)

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon May 02, 2016 9:24 am

4get Crane, 4 Antiquated American Action, Groppler Zorn recommends

i have not watched, because it does not have Paul Giamatti

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat May 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun May 08, 2016 9:35 am

some exciting rumours coming down the chatter-pike ... the talk now is that Sleepy Hollow has been renewed, and that Fox has been keeping mum with the hope that all the nervous suspense will goad the so-called Hollow-Heads into more graciously appreciating the show.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun May 08, 2016 11:02 am

o greebling, o snit ... Sineaid O'Connell is saying Arsenion Hall is a pusher of smack and vice who supplied Prince Nelson with mucho dope ...

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sun May 08, 2016 5:22 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:some exciting rumours coming down the chatter-pike ... the talk now is that Sleepy Hollow has been renewed, and that Fox has been keeping mum with the hope that all the nervous suspense will goad the so-called Hollow-Heads into more graciously appreciating the show.

The fan ladies have spoken--no girl cop, no watchin'.

As for the pinhed, I think I've made myself clear--either Disney takes it over or I walk. bounce

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon May 09, 2016 2:31 pm

Possible exciting scenarios and potential new avenues

Though Beharie’s send-off may have come as a huge surprise to fans of the show, the star’s departure had been in discussions since before the third season began. Insiders say Beharie had been eyeing an out from her contract for quite some time, as she no longer wanted to be on the show, and the show’s producers did not dispute her potentially leaving. Original plans called for Beharie’s character to be killed off in the Season 3 midseason finale, though the network backed away from the plan, deciding to finish out the season with the star, who’s been at the top of the call sheet since the start of the series in 2013.

Even though the show’s rocky second season caught flack from critics and fans, the chemistry between Mison and Beharie was often noted as the show’s most valuable asset, and for some viewers, it was the main reason to stick with the supernatural drama. But in an effort to prepare for Beharie’s departure, Fox began to cast more female roles in “Sleepy Hollow’s” third season, knowing that Beharie’s exit could be imminent. The producers never aimed to re-cast Abbie, but rather chose to pad the series with more female actresses such as Nikki Reed and Shannyn Sossamon, who both joined in regular roles.

“The finale featuring the tragic death of Abbie Mills was a very dramatic ending and a bold move for the show, but ‘Sleepy Hollow’ has always been known for its shocking finales. We feel we provided a wonderfully poignant conclusion for Abbie and showed some of the best moments between the Witnesses that we’ve seen on-screen,” said 20th Century Fox and showrunner Clifton Campbell in a joint statement. “We thank Nicole Beharie for bringing Abbie and ‘Sleepy Hollow’ to life. We are currently discussing season four, and should the series be picked up for another season, we have some exciting scenarios and new avenues we want to explore.”

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon May 09, 2016 7:57 pm

A localized earthquake in New York City damages only one building, killing nearly all inside. The Fringe team discovers that a second building appeared at the same location as the first, fusing the structure and people inside together. Walter realizes that the second building has been pulled from the parallel universe by Thomas Jerome Newton, using the technology that Walter and William Bell had discovered years ago. Walter warns that because of conservation of mass, a building of similar mass will be taken from the prime universe to the parallel one sometime in the next few days.

While Massive Dynamic offers its computing resources to identify possible buildings of similar mass, Walter implores Olivia to recall her childhood Cortexiphan-induced ability to see objects from the alternate universe, believing she will be able to foresee which building will be affected and warn everyone in time. He takes her to the disused child-care facility in Jacksonville, Florida, where the Cortexiphan trials were performed. Walter first puts Olivia under heavy sedation, and she experiences meeting her younger, frightened self, but is still unable to trigger her ability. Olivia begins to remember the gruesome trials she experienced, including footage from one test where she exhibited pyrokinesis. As Walter's deadline nears, he realizes that Olivia is no longer frightened and thus she cannot engage her abilities, which were triggered by fear.

They return to New York City as small micro-quakes occur, indicating the onset of the event. Though a few buildings have been identified as possible targets, there are far too many to evacuate without starting a mass panic. Olivia, unable to help, goes off privately, but Peter follows and comforts her. Olivia soon recognizes she is frightened again, and races to a rooftop, seeing a building "shimmer" in the distance. The building, a hotel, is quickly identified from the list of candidates, and it is evacuated in time, moments before it is pulled into the parallel universe.

Agent Broyles provides a cover story of an unexpected controlled demolition to explain the disappearance of the hotel. Olivia later meets Peter at his house prior to them going out on a date, but when she arrives, she sees the same shimmer on Peter. Walter quietly asks Olivia not to tell Peter that he is from the other universe.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue May 10, 2016 1:18 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu May 12, 2016 10:27 am

Walter struggles with writing a letter to Peter to explain the events from 1985 that led Walter to bring Peter to his universe from the parallel one. As he contemplates the final letter, he and the rest of the Fringe team are called to investigate several dead bodies in a passenger car of a train. Walter, after being told the victims' personal electronics were drained of power, suspects someone drew energy from both the people and their devices' batteries. They trace the man responsible to MIT astrophysics professor Alistair Peck (Peter Weller), and enter his residence to search for clues, finding evidence that Alistair was studying time travels. Alistair arrives while the Fringe team is there, and activates a mechanism on his body, causing him to travel back in time.

Alistair reappears on the train at the same point in time as his previous travel, again having drained the people aboard it, and alters his behavior to avoid another encounter with the Fringe team. However, when they are brought to investigate this time, they have a feeling of déjà vu and find other evidence that points to Alistair, and determine that he is trying to go back in his personal time line several months ago to prevent the death of his fiancée in a car collision. Alistair is found at his MIT office. Walter, having read through Alistair's writings on time travel, offers to go in and talk to Alistair first before the armed officers attempt to seize him.

Walter approaches Alistair as a fellow man of science, who is replacing components that form a time machine that he has constructed within his body. Walter professes that Alistair's attempt to jump back several months would require a great deal more power than Alistair has predicted, possibly killing hundreds in the area near where he appears. Alistair, aware of this, recalls an empty field where he was at, a few blocks from where his fiancée died, and plans to use this field where only the vegetation will die out from his arrival. Walter continues to try to discourage Alistair from making the attempt by explaining his own case of coming to believe in a higher power, hoping for a sign of forgiveness in the form of a white tulip for his actions in stealing Peter from the parallel universe. With God's forgiveness, Walter believes it will be possible for Peter to forgive him once he learns the truth of who he is.

Alistair considers this, but with Walter's time up, a SWAT team starts to move in. Alistair jumps back in time again by only a few hours to complete the modified power calculations based on Walter's comments, and to prepare a pre-addressed letter he brings with him. As the SWAT team barges in, Alistair re-engages his time machine. Alistair's modifications have worked, as he finds himself in the field, minutes before his fiancée's death. Alistair is able to make it to his fiancée in time, reuniting just long enough to say "I love you" before they are both killed by the collision.

In the present, the events of the episode never occurred, and Walter, having time to contemplate the letter to Peter instead of being called to the case, tosses it into the fireplace. Later, he receives an envelope in the mail—the one Alistair had prepared and instructed to be delivered to Walter on this specific date. Inside, Walter finds a drawing of a white tulip.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat May 14, 2016 7:22 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:
my sources are saying SH is def on the bubble ... for possbl cancellation
Sources (poss even the same sources) are now reporting:

"Sleepy Hollow, inspired by Washington Irving’s story, had been on the bubble, with its most recent third season only able to crack the 1 adults 18-49 Live+same day demo rating a couple of times, ending with a 0.7 in the demo and 3 million viewers (Live+same day) for the season finale on Friday night. But the series has logged solid DVR gains and is profitable for sister studio 20th Century Fox TV with strong international sales, which likely weighed in on the renewal decision."

Nonetheless ... Suspect Suspect Suspect

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat May 14, 2016 8:31 am

i'm curious how DVRings are tabulated, and what of Twitter mentions

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat May 14, 2016 8:39 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:i'm curious how DVRings are tabulated, and what of Twitter mentions
I'm sure that I cannot even conceive of the diabolical means used for internet tabulations. Suspect

But I do know that Sophie will never be able to convey wordless lust for a cappuccino con doppio caffé the way Abigail could.I love you I love you I love you I love you

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat May 14, 2016 8:41 am

pinhedz wrote:
solid DVR gains, strong international sales

for the record, i dutifully reported these possible factors on May 1 (see above)

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat May 14, 2016 8:43 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:
pinhedz wrote:
solid DVR gains, strong international sales

for the record, i dutifully reported these possible factors on May 1 (see above)

^
Acknowledged--no diss intended.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat May 14, 2016 11:44 am

right, I just thought it important to reaffirm the obvious - that this website has become a preeminent destination for tremendous, first-class entertainment industry news ... there are more scoops here than at Big Ed's Iced Cream Palace.

Brickhead writes: "ah, Sleepy Hollow, Sleepy Hollow, Sleepy Hollow: a show so terrible it ran off one of its leads, has been renewed for a fourth season. After a bad second season and a worse third season, which ended with a finale that managed to treat its characters, its viewers, and even its very premise with utter contempt, who will be tuning in?

If you stopped watching the show, you may not know that co-lead Abbie Mills died dumbly, leaving Ichabod Crane to fight the boring forces of supernatural evil with Abbie’s boring FBI co-workers, and maybe some sort of giant, secret, supernatural-fighting society George Washington started that never bothered lending a hand in the show’s first three seasons. Also maybe Abbie is being reincarnated into someone other than actress Nicole Beharie, but that seems like it would be a baby and I don’t care enough to figure it out.

In related news, Agent Carter is still canceled, so frickfruck everything."

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat May 14, 2016 11:51 am

^
But the FBI are taking Ichabod to DC, so maybe the pinhed can do a cameo. Cool

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat May 14, 2016 1:21 pm

https://twitter.com/SleepyHollowFOX/status/725780901377003520

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri May 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon May 23, 2016 10:53 am

some new shots in this German spot, including Kirk's and Chekov's nature trek.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top