WHEN I'M 64, from a psycholinguistic perspectivo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHEN I'M 64, from a psycholinguistic perspectivo

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon May 16, 2011 1:06 pm

We examine the neural and cognitive architecture of the language system when embedded in richer social, physical, or discourse contexts more so than typically studied in the cognitive neuroscience lab. Do classic findings on linguistic coding and decoding scale up in situations where language is used for a purpose? What neural and cognitive architecture supports context-dependent aspects of language use, such as inferences about the speaker and his or her state of mind? In what way does the core neural machinery studied in the Unification project interact with other brain systems, such as those involved in vision, motor behavior, attention, affective evaluation, the pursuit of goals, and episodic memory of prior discourse? Does our body matter to how we use language?

We share core interests with the Multi-Modal Interaction project, and actively exploit this common ground. More so than in the latter project, however, we aim to characterize not only the functional but ultimately also the neural architecture supporting language in action, and we pursue this in well-controlled laboratory experiments. and we pursue this in well-controlled laboratory experiments involving a wide range of neuroimaging, Virtual Reality, and behavioral paradigms.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: WHEN I'M 64, from a psycholinguistic perspectivo

Post  pinhedz on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:12 pm

No one ever could equal Guy & Ralna at what they do best. And Guy's hair was the most perfect example of what his hair is that the world has ever seen. I love you

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:45 pm

It's a Fact, Klack--If Lawrence Welk company talent ever stopped smiling, even for instant, during performance, they would be fined 3 Sleep Tickets.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:06 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top