all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ?

4 posters

Go down

Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ? Empty Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ?

Post  Old Mack Sat May 07, 2011 3:13 pm

The way they distort, slant and take things out of context to suit their agenda drives Old Mack up a wall.

I do my best to avoid it all BUT I'm a news junkie and can't help myself !

Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ? 458970-kool_aid_man_waving_super

Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ? Empty Re: Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ?

Post  Dick Fitzwell Sat May 07, 2011 3:57 pm

I thought the republican party was the party of corporations

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ? Empty Re: Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ?

Post  Old Mack Sat May 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Captain Hi-Top wrote:I thought the republican party was the party of corporations
THAT MAKES ALOT OF SENCE !

Hey here's a Al Gore just for you: Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ? Al-Gore
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Sat May 07, 2011 4:25 pm

sence

sence

SENCE

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Sat May 07, 2011 4:27 pm

silly Mack - should be seance
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sat May 07, 2011 4:58 pm

I just came across this while surfing the WWW...it's a good example:

Ultraliberal profit driven website headline:

John Boehner Demands Paul McCartney Apologize For Bush Jab

Here is what (than) House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) actually said:

"Like millions of other Americans, I have always had a good impression of Paul McCartney and thought of him as a classy guy, but I was surprised and disappointed by the lack of grace and respect he displayed at the White House.

I hope he'll apologize to the American people for his conduct which demeaned him, the White House and President Obama."

There's no demand there...it is a guy expressing a hope for something BUT thats not the subliminal message intended for those who just scan the headlines.

Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ? Subliminal%20messages2
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Old Mack wrote:The way they distort, slant and take things out of context to suit their agenda drives Old Mack up a wall.

I do my best to avoid it all BUT I'm a news junkie and can't help myself !

Do ATU folks know I'm not to fond of the ultraliberal profit driven media ? 458970-kool_aid_man_waving_super

I have learnt to accept it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm

CNN 'Sex Scandals' TV Segment Omits CNN Show Host Eliot Spitzer

Suzanne Malveaux‘s story, which aired at 2:30pm ET, made mention or showed images of politicians ranging from John F. Kennedy to John Edwards; also former Governors James McGreevey and Mark Sanford, and former Sen. Larry Craig and current Sen. David Vitter, former Pres. Bill Clinton, and 2012 presidential candidate Newt Gingrich their private indiscretions made very public. But no mention of Eliot Spitzer who resigned as Governor of New York after it was revealed he had patronized a prostitution service. Spitzer now hosts CNN’s 7pm show “In the Arena.” We’ve learned the producer/editor on the story, who use their own judgment on what to use and what not to use, chose not to include Spitzer in the story.

Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Thu May 19, 2011 4:18 am

Unfortunately, ultra-liberal Fox News isn't freely available over here, in feudal Englandshire.
precinct14
precinct14
Coming up empty from the piggy bank?

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Thu May 19, 2011 4:44 am

Uzi wrote:Hrm, but Rupert Murdoch controls a greater share of media in Englande than USA, I thought, so don't worries.

Television is less ultraliberals than print journalism, but still Patriotic Fox News is in the minority.

My TV news breakdown:

ABC - sortof liberal
CBS - sortof liberal
NBC- bland middle of the road
PBS - reputation for being ultraliberals, but NewsHour & Washington Week etc. try to be balanced
Fox News - PATRIOTS
CNN - sortof liberal depending on what hour one tunes in
MSNBC - ultraliberal

Does this mean that all ultraliberals are unpatriotic? Apart from being ultrapatriotic, what are all ultrapatriots? And where does this place Rachael Ray? Can that little pit pony do without cheese? Can she hell.
precinct14
precinct14
Coming up empty from the piggy bank?

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Thu May 19, 2011 7:51 am

precinct14 wrote:Does this mean that all ultraliberals are unpatriotic?
It's never good to say all when talking about a group of people...let me put it to ya this way...alot of ultraliberals think Pfc Manning is a hero...so you make the call !
precint14 wrote:Apart from being ultrapatriotic, what are all ultrapatriots?
A bunch of nuts....their ultraliberals just reversed ! (same behavior)
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Fri May 27, 2011 3:04 pm

The network evening news programs on Wednesday and morning shows on Thursday skipped covering the suspension of MSNBC host Ed Shultz for trashing Laura Ingraham as a "right-wing slut." Yet, these same networks eagerly jumped all over the story of Don Imus referring to college basketball players as "hos." On Wednesday, ABC's World News, CBS's Evening News and NBC's Nightly News avoided reporting on this May 24 remark by Schultz: "Like this right-wing slut, what's her name, Laura Ingraham? Yeah, she's a talk slut." (Good Morning America, Today and Early Show did the same.) Later in the day on Wednesday, MSNBC suspended Schultz.

When radio host Imus was initially removed for two weeks in 2007 (before being fired), the evening newscasts devoted six stories (two per network) to the radio host on April 10 alone. Reporter Dan Harris on the April 10, 2007 World News derided Schultz's "racist, sexist comments." On the same day's Nightly News, Brian Williams lectured, "...We have witnessed an explosive reaction to some hateful words uttered by Don Imus."

The April 11 morning programs, the day after the suspension, couldn't get enough of story. The Early Show devoted three full reports. Today offered an additional three segments, including bringing in Whoopi Goldberg, Spike Lee, Al Sharpton and Imus himself to go over every detail. Al Roker summed it up best on that day's Today, proclaiming that "Hateful words that have ignited a public and media outcry."

So far, however, there has been no such journalistic outrage over slurring a conservative as a "right-wing slut."

Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down