all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bin Laden is dead

+6
Blondie
tatiana
precinct14
LaRue
eddie
Dick Fitzwell
10 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bin Laden is dead - Page 6 Empty Re: Bin Laden is dead

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Fri May 06, 2011 2:33 am

Catherine wrote:
Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:
and what exactly do you mean by 'convicted by the Japanese' if it's not too much trouble

Oh, he was tried and convicted by the Japanese for having a radio and drawing a map.

You may not waste words, but you waste far too many ..............................................................

no I don't

tried and convicted - that's a bit preposterous - if you're talking about the real meaning of the words

I don't waste words......I say exactly, completely what I mean to say.......

you may not like it - but you're the one who called Lomax a Japanese prisoner of war.....hee haw

nobody likes being wrong - I mean they don't really care about being wrong - but if someone tells them they're wrong and they are

they tend to have a bit of a tantrum.......

I thought I agreed that you don't waste words, but YOU DO waste far too many.....................................................

We call them Japanese prisoners of war in Peckham Razz

Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Fri May 06, 2011 2:41 am

your perception is that I'm wasting words........(you obviously don't know the meaning of the phrase)

because you don't like me

and you accuse me of being all nasty on London's ass

and there you go

I never mentioned London

but your deep....hehehehe

well, not that deep

sense of offence about what I've said about London just goes to show that you have no desire to talk about facts

all you want to talk about is me hating London

and as far as you're concerned - you just don't like me because I don't like London

whoever coined the phrase Japanese prisoner of war had no idea about grammar

you on the other hand - have no interest in grammar

I do - sorry that your little tantrum and desire to have the last word has resurrected your London pride crap

I kind of regret setting you off on your little campaign

because it's actually distracted us from the point of the conversation

which was torture a la Japanese

ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Fri May 06, 2011 2:50 am

I suppose that if I were a Pakistani who was detained in an immigration detention centre in Villawood

I would be called an Australian detainee (which as we know is preposterous and contradictory - if you don't know what that means, look it up)

that's just where grammer gets fukked up.....

if you don't have the spare time, the patience, the intelligence, the desire or the inclination to get things right

we could just talk about Peckham......(don't mention the war)
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Fri May 06, 2011 2:59 am

^^

I'm bored now, I don't feel like wasting any more words on this, so fuck off.
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Fri May 06, 2011 3:03 am

hang on - didn't you know - Britain is great - London is a city of bonhomie and conviviality........kindness, all kinds of truth and sincerity - in fact London is not quite the blight on the map that I have hitherto said

Nashie can't discuss things with me because I don't like London

now that's some real objectivity for you right there Razz

Last edited by Catherine on Fri May 06, 2011 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Fri May 06, 2011 3:06 am

Strawberry Jam wrote:I just checked the link you posted, Mack. I hope you do realize that blog is all about spreading prejudice and hatred. It's a horrible site.

Islam deserves it (and no, not because they're "terrorists," but because islam is completely fucked up to its core).

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Fri May 06, 2011 3:17 am

you seem to be the expert on Islam

probably not worth me putting in my say

I seem to remember being taught that truth does not depend on fashion or the fickleness of public opinion

I seem to remember being taught that people are different in many ways and that those differences should not divide us

I seem to remember being told that ignorance is contagious to a degree and that intelligence will not prevail against prejudice until people control their atavistic emotions........and 'knee-JERK' reactions....

I would like to point out to you that Islam has a LOT of beauty about it with which right now I am largely unfamiliar

but I really think there is beauty in some of the characteristics, wisdom and strength of feeling in Islam that should be admired in order for us to bridge the gaping maw of prejudice
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Fri May 06, 2011 3:25 am

thanks, SJ.......Smile

but I doubt my words will resonate in the loud symphony of hatred
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Fri May 06, 2011 3:54 am

Strawberry Jam wrote:Please give us a few examples of Islam's to-its-core fucked-up-ness.

Off the top of my head- it's oppressive to women (who are given the status of slaves essentially and are frequently maimed and murdered in "honor killings"), homosexuals (who are commanded to be put to death as well, unequivocally), infidels and apostates (who are also supposed to be killed), etc etc. Google "religion of peace" for more

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Fri May 06, 2011 4:10 am

it's just a case of glass half empty or glass half full

if we looked in the mirror we could see a lot of despicable qualities about ourselves and our prejudices and our religions

try telling me that the Christian religion doesn't hate on gays or that women (like me) are always treated justly in our corner of world dominance and stupid American sentiment and ignorance.....or even Australian.......purported freedom........(gets ugly sometimes when you get to the truth of Western democracy's so-called freedoms)

there is beauty in Islam......

I am pretty sure there is and all the evidence you seem to present so enthusiastically

will not convince me otherwise

for every terrorist or fanatic in Islam there are at least 10 people who pray deeply, who genuflect devoutly, who dream of peace and who could probably whup your ass

I know that there's more nuance and meaning in things apart from the gung-ho obvious.....crap that you proclaim

that's something that actually comforts me when I see the plastic marauders march up to the line.....and grab their swords

there is more nuance - speaking of which I should probably go to bed

and I wouldn't go round using the word 'unequivocally' until you know what it means Wink

Last edited by Catherine on Fri May 06, 2011 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Fri May 06, 2011 4:32 am

Catherine wrote:try telling me that the Christian religion doesn't hate on gays or that women (like me) are always treated justly in our corner of world dominance and stupid American sentiment and ignorance.....or even Australian.......purported freedom........(gets ugly sometimes when you get to the truth of Western democracy's so-called freedoms)

You are truly a fucking idiot.

By the way, I'M NOT A CHRISTIAN EITHER, dumbfuck. I never said Christianity wasn't shitty. It's far less shitty than Islam, though.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Fri May 06, 2011 4:39 am

it's really fun when you get to the heart of the matter

when you can really match wits with someone who's an equal.......

that's what I love about discussing things......

the thrust and parry - yeah, I'm really digging your whole.......

"I'm right even though I'm a dumbfuk shit for brains moron" mentality

I believe you are right and I am wrong

but it's just cos you're some kind of amazing genius that has caught me off guard....who has wrong-footed me and left me with no argument, no hope of resurrecting some kind of tenable exit from your wonderful, devastating, almost superhuman strategy of incredible magnificence
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Fri May 06, 2011 4:51 am

Strawberry Jam wrote: simply googled "islam reform" and found a wealth of sites and organisations arguing for a reform of Islam and claiming that all the terrible things happening in the name of Islam have nothing to do with the core of the religion. Here's one interesting excerpt:

I have neither time nor inclination to do extensive research here, but it strikes me that if you remember the history of Christianity you will have to acknowledge that Christians used to be a much nastier bunch 600 years ago than they are today. Homophobia, misogyny, cruelty and authoritarianism etc. are nothing Islam has a monopoly on. No great fan of the churches as they are now, but you have to concede they are a lot more civilised than they used to be. If you go around saying Islam is evil to the core, you basically say it has to go. Great way of bringing peace to the world telling a billion people their religion is fundamentally evil. Wouldn't it be more helpful to try and learn more and support people inside Islam who oppose the fundamentalist killers?

The problem with "reforming" islam is that you basically have to admit the religion is bullshit to do so. You have to admit that parts of the Quran (the direct word of the prophet of god, allegedly) are WRONG, and that you know better than the god you purport to worship.

As for your point about Christianity...again, what the fuck does that have to do with anything? How the in the name of all that is fucky is "well, other people were also dicks at one point in time" a defense for being a fucking dick? It's not. Nor is "well, we're not the WORST dicks out there..." a defense. Islam is pure dickery. That's all there is to it. If you try to say it's not you're lying and ignoring the parts of it that are dickish and just focusing on the few parts that aren't- which is exactly what Christians do today. They cherry pick whatever they want. Fred Phelps is a true Christian. He knows what's in the Bible, he's read it. The same cannot be said for 99% of other Christians in the world who pretend that their god isn't perfectly ok with murdering gays, adulterers, and people who work on the sabbath, with rape and slavery, etc.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Fri May 06, 2011 6:40 am

Christianity did not reform itself- it was reformed by the outside. People stopped putting up with their bullshit and they had to change to accommodate the science and morality of the enlightenment. Islam, on the other hand, went in the opposite direction- the Islamic world was once on the cutting edge of science and now it's the shittiest place on earth.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Blondie Fri May 06, 2011 7:42 am

I'm impressed with Hi-Top's honesty and clarity on the issue, not to mention his ability to turn "dick" and "fuck" into various parts of speech. Well done, sir Bin Laden is dead - Page 6 1295889145
Blondie
Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Fri May 06, 2011 10:19 am

Strawberry Jam wrote:I just checked the link you posted, Mack. I hope you do realize that blog is all about spreading prejudice and hatred. It's a horrible site.
Srawberry are you some kind of ultraliberal or something...you found a website more horrible than the mangled body of some innocent person who was killed in the name of Allah ???

Listen I have several friends that are Muslims (mostly from Africa)...I have been to four of their homes and broke bread at two of them. Water boarding is not about them...they are hard working honest people who do not hate Jews. It's about radicals who think that if you don't think like them you should be killed. If binny and his followers had thier way every Jew alive would be killed with the touch of a button. Next button would be the Christians / Westerns. I don't know if you read the news or not but alot of RADICAL Muslims are going on rampages killing Infidels. They have to be stoped any way they can be !

From todays 'paper' : WASHINGTON – Some of the first information gleaned from Osama bin Laden's compound indicates al-Qaida considered attacking U.S. trains on the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, but counterterrorism officials say they believe the plot was only aspirational and have no recent intelligence about any active plan for such an attack.

As of February 2010, the terror organization was considering tampering with an unspecified U.S. rail track so that a train would fall off the track at a valley or a bridge, according to a Homeland Security intelligence warning sent to law enforcement officials around the country Thursday. The warning was obtained by The Associated Press and marked for "official use only."

This information appears to be the first widely circulated intelligence pulled from the raid this week on bin Laden's secret compound in Pakistan.
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 06, 2011 10:37 am

The triumphant equation of assassination with justice in the Bin L:aden killing contrasts with Israel and Eichmann.
Eichmann was kidnapped in Argentina and bought to Isreal to stand trial. It was a trial conducted fairly and in line with legal principles .
By publicly sanctioningthe killing of Bin Laden Obama Obama pepetuates the cycle of policital violence in pursuit of political ideas that Bin Laden himself championed . Bin Laden will never face justice . It will now be very easy to make him a martyr.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Fri May 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 06, 2011 1:41 pm

pinhedz wrote:Does anyone know what an unemployed resident of leeds earns for being a suicide bomber? I know that Saddam used to pay $25,000.00, but I don't know what Al Qaeda pays.
the reward is in the next life Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick Fri May 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Christianity believes there is a God in three instantiations which was incarnated in the flesh to cleanse humanity through suffering from the original sin for which it would be cursed and damned by the very same God.

Only some Christians believe in the Holy Trinity, for instance Catholics do, JW's don't.
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Fri May 06, 2011 8:56 pm

pinhedz wrote:Does anyone know what an unemployed resident of leeds earns for being a suicide bomber? I know that Saddam used to pay $25,000.00, but I don't know what Al Qaeda pays.

This is an (unsubtle) attempt to infer that the 7/7 bombings were part funded (at least) by al-Qaeda. There is no evidence to suggest that they were.

The ringleader and one of his cohorts ran an Islamic bookshop attached to a local Community school in Leeds, with which they shared local government funding. The school also received a £20k charity donation from BBC's Children in Need, some of which was passed on to the bookshop.

The National Terrorist Financial Investigation Unit report on the funding of 7/7 and domestic terrorism in general concluded thus (al-Qaeda doesn't get a mention):

By definition, the domestic terrorist does not usually require funding in respect of his/her daily living expenses. That is taken care of by whatever means would be employed if they were not terrorists, i.e. salary, benefit payments etc. The only costs involved, therefore, are those incurred in training and recruitment, and the commission of the attack. As an illustration of this, it has been
established by the relevant Metropolitan Police unit that costs of the London Bombings
of 7th July 2005 can be approximately broken down as follows:

Construction and Deployment of devices £4,600 (of which actual materiél = £2,500)
International Travel £1,810
Training Weekends £ 825
TOTAL £7,235 approximately

Extensive investigations revealed that the likely funding for this was entirely self-generated
by the leader of the cell, in the form of a £10,000 bank loan, and £4,000 cash
withdrawn from credit cards. After several repayments of each, he defaulted, and
therefore had more than enough funds to finance the attack and to make potential
financial provision for dependants following the death of the bombers. There was not
even any need for false identities, as he did not intend to be around when the wheels of debt collection finally finished their revolutions.

There is also no evidence that has come to light that I can find, or that is included in the NTFIU report, to suggest that the dependents of the bombers received any further remuneration, from sources other than the bank loan and credit card fraud detailed above. You will, of course, know that their finances would have been closely scrutinised, following the bombings.

All four bombers were employed. To find out what an unemployed suicide bomber from Leeds is paid by al-Qaeda, you are cordially invited to do your own research.

Hope this helps. Bin Laden is dead - Page 6 1295889145
precinct14
precinct14
Coming up empty from the piggy bank?

Back to top Go down

Post  precinct14 Fri May 06, 2011 10:09 pm

pinhedz wrote:The absence of a known link to Al Qaeda now begs another question: in the wake of Bin Laden's death, are we to expect reprisals from the likes of the 7/7 terrorists--even if there is no link to Al Qaeda?

Well our anti-terrorism authorities are flexing themselves for attempted reprisals. Here's what Met chief Sir Paul Stephenson had to say, a couple of days ago:

“As Government, the police and the security service assess the impact and consequences of the death of Osama bin Laden, it is clear that there can be no let up in our vigilance. One man's death does not mark the end of an ideology and we must remain alert to the continuing threat from al-Qaeda, its affiliates and those acting alone.”

Something else. That NTFIU report concluded with this fairly chilling assessment:

'Five transactions of £500 using a badly enforced means of money movement
will provide enough anonymous cash to fund an attack as devastating as 7th July 2005.'
precinct14
precinct14
Coming up empty from the piggy bank?

Back to top Go down

Post  ISN Sat May 07, 2011 2:55 am

Captain Hi-Top wrote:

that is a work of art........just absolutely brilliant......pure*genius

Last edited by Catherine on Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ISN
ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Fitzwell Sat May 07, 2011 3:16 am

ANDY wrote:From a conceptual p-o-v I actually wouldn't agree with that.

Islam believes that there is a God who at one point delivered His Word to Mohammed - a mortal but blessed human.

Christianity believes there is a God in three instantiations which was incarnated in the flesh to cleanse humanity through suffering from the original sin for which it would be cursed and damned by the very same God.

There is a philosophical dimension which actually does make a Christian understanding of divinity very interesting - many parts of Christianity are barely disguised elements of Greek philosophy, especially platonism. But from an every-day point of view Christianity is by far the most awkward brand of Abrahamic religion.

As for the matters concerning oppression ... you have a point to some degree.
But I know of no single system that can claim to be free of it - the "free market" you seem to like is as much an oppressive system as an totalitarian religion.

I'm not talking about the rationality of their fairy tales, I am talking about their rules, laws and morals. Jesus, at least some of the time, stressed love and forgiveness. I do not think there is anything like that in Islam.

Dick Fitzwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sat May 07, 2011 5:45 am

Strawberry Jam wrote:I never said the website was more horrible than terrorist attacks. Of course it isn't. Please don't put words in my mouth.
First off Strawberry, I wasn't endorsing any website, I was merely putting up a image of the handy work of binny and his boys. And I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth...I based my post on not what you said BUT what you didn't say ! I don't know about that website one way or the other BUT I can tell you one thing I don't believe in hate mongering.

Don't know if you have had the chance to read any of my postings of the pass BUT I dispiste the profit driven media and don't trust a word they say. BUT lets say Mohamed the waiter is a true story...if in fact he was FORCED to wear a name tag with John on it...I think that it was wrong and he should be compensated for his humiliation according to the law.

I'd like to share with you, something I read in the ultraliberal profit driven Philadelphia Inquirer and it's a passage I love to tell. In a opinion column Claude Lewis* a blackman wrote 'anyone who tells you they don't have a prejudice bone in their body doesn't have any bones. He went on to say that he was married to a white woman and still has it in him to dislike SOME people for the simple fact thier a caucasian.
Straberry Jam wrote:...blacks would still be sitting in the back of the bus in the South. I'm sure that's not what you want - or Mack are you some kind of racist or something...
You must missed this part of my post:
Old Mack wrote:Listen I have several friends that are Muslims (mostly from Africa)...I have been to four of their homes and broke bread at two of them. Water boarding is not about them...they are hard working honest people who do not hate Jews.
I grew up in a racial mixed lower middle class neighborhood and have countless friends that are people of color. My oldest friend in the world is black and we have known each other for 50 years now. So am I a racist or something...well I like to think of myself as a or something based on Claude Lewis theroy that we don't live in a perfect world and it is only human to have certain prejudice.

Now back to binny and the likes...do I think water boarding a terrorist to get info that will save lives is torture, I answer a BIG NO. A BIG YES on do I think water boarding a terrorist to get your rocks off or for retaliation is torture. If you take that image I posted in the link and times it by the thousands you'll have a idea of the handy work binny and his likes. Nothing is to good or to bad to do anything to stop them, at least in my book.

*Claude Lewis is the author of six books, among them biographies of Adam Clayton Powell Jr. and Muhammad Ali. He has served as a Pulitzer Prize juror and was a founder of the National Association of Black Journalists. He has also enjoyed a long career as a teacher of journalism and urban affairs at several universities.
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next