On Love

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: On Love

Post  senorita on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:57 pm

otro


Last edited by otro on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

senorita

Posts : 362
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 19
Location : makgadikgadi pan

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  7 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Said to be Japanese love poem...Mmmm, Ono.


http://www.classical-japanese.net/Poetry/komachi.html




7

Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  pinhedz on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:08 am

Yes, "hito" means person, as in "Ana ta wa totemo ii hito desu," which I learned from Mami Yasukochi back in the day (I still have her address--at least it used to be).

But Hitomi, as everybody knows, is a CD recorded live in the year 2000 by John Fahey in a faraway land, and the first track is named "Delta Flight 53," whereas the last track is named "Delta Flight 54."

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11537
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  nombre de otro on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:29 am



I saw that part the other day, never seen it before

wiki:
Love and Death is a 1975 comedy film by Woody Allen. It is a satire on Russian literature starring Allen and Diane Keaton as Boris and Sonja, respectively, Russians living during the Napoleonic Era who engage in mock-serious philosophical debates.

nombre de otro

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:01 am

Women--you can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em. Mad

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11537
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 am

"Most men say when they're talkin' 'bout the women,
That you can't live with 'em and you can't live with 'em.
Most women say the very same thing,
Only when they're talkin' about the men." scratch

"Well you can with without 'em, and you can live with 'em,
but either way, it won't be easy."

-- Spider John Koerner

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11537
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  nombre de otro on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:03 am

^


nombre de otro

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  Doc Watson on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:05 am

pinhedz wrote:"Most men say when they're talkin' 'bout the women,
That you can't live with 'em and you can't live with 'em.
Most women say the very same thing,
Only when they're talkin' about the men." scratch

"Well you can with without 'em, and you can live with 'em,
but either way, it won't be easy."

-- Spider John Koerner
How true

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 66
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  pinhedz on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:58 am

The wisdom and insight of John Koerner is too little recognized:

Going Down Together
John Koerner

Now that we’re going down together
Can I get you something to make you feel better?
Now that the chances have come and gone
Everybody’s wondering what went wrong.

Now that we’re going down together
I need something to make me feel better.
Now that somebody stole my dream
Would you dream a little dream for me?

Everybody I know needs to know
But nobody knows now, do they?
Everybody says they know (no, they don’t really know)
But they need something to make them feel better.

Now that we both know the other don’t know
Now that we’re going down together
Please don’t say you think it’s too late
We need you to make us feel .... whatever.

And now that we’re going down together
Can I get you something to make you feel better?
Now that the chances have come and gone
Everybody’s wondering how to get along.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11537
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  pinhedz on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:02 am

More from the better-than-Bob lyrics thread:

Isn't it a pity
-- music by Gershwin

[This one is cute and funny if sung by an 18-year-old, but very poignant if sung by a 60-year-old]

Why did I wander here and there and yonder,
Wasting precious time for no reason or rhyme?
Isn't it a pity? Isn't it a crime?
My journey's ended, everything is splendid;
Meeting you today
Has given me a wonderful idea -- here I stay.

It's a funny thing, I look at you,
I get a thrill I never knew.
Isn't it a pity we never met before?

Here we are at last, It's like a dream,
the two of us a perfect team.
Isn't it a pity we never met before?

Imagine all the lonely years we've wasted
You with the neighbors, I at silly labors
What joys untasted,
You reading Heine, me somewhere in China.

Let's forget the past; Let's both agree
that I'm for you and you're for me
And it's such a pity we never, never met before.

Imagine all the lonely year's we've wasted,
Fishing for salmon, losing at backgammon.
What joys untasted,
My nights were sour spent with Schopenhauer.

Let's forget the past; Let's both agree
that I'm for you and you're for me
And it's such a pity we never, never met before.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11537
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  pinhedz on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:04 am

And, of course, there's Love Gone Wrong:

Don’t Smoke in Bed
(W. Robinson)

She left a note on his dresser
And her old wedding ring
With these few goodbye words
That now I sing
Goodbye old sleepy head
I’m packing you in like I said
Take care of everything
I’m leaving my wedding ring

Don’t look for me
I’ll get ahead
And remember darling
Don’t smoke in bed

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11537
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  pinhedz on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:08 am

And there's Russian-Chekhovian love--never requited, because it's never acknowledged:

I'm Glad
-- Marina Tsvetayeva

"I’m glad that you are not in love with me,
I’m glad that I am not in love with you, 

That the heavy ball of the earth 

Never drops out from underneath our feet."



"I’m glad that we can make jokes, 

Get drunk, and not play with words,

And I don’t have to blush 

If our hands accidentally touch."



"I thank you with my hand and heart 

That you don’t even know you love me, 

That you don’t disturb my good night’s rest 

That we don’t meet at sunset, 

That we don’t walk under the moon, 

That the sun does not rise over us, 



That you are not in love—no, not with me, 

That I am not in love—no, not with you."

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11537
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  pinhedz on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:10 am

And when you're over the hill, love might require a kick-start: Neutral

A Little Taste
-- Frishberg

A little taste might hit the spot,
A little taste might help a lot, 

It may be nice, it may be not, 

In my condition, this is a risky proposition.

A little taste might pave the way, 

It has been known to save the day, 

One little taste might be OK, 

It’s a sedation, good for a sticky situation. 



Why not spare myself a little pain? (it couldn't hurt) 

I left my appetite out in the rain (without a shirt). 

Who says self denial’s all that great? (sure wasn’t me), 

‘Cause I found it often pays to dissipate 
(One little taste could make a whole lot of difference). 



Who knows? Maybe it could ease the bite (it never ends) 

And one taste could help me make it through the night (good evening friends). 

Why let good intentions get my goat (and bring me down)? 

When I know a great potential antidote 
(One little taste could make a whole lot of difference). 



A little taste might break the ice, 

And make the nasty seem so nice, 

One little taste just once or twice, 

It’s an enhancer, one little taste could be the answer.

And so it shouldn’t be a total waste, 

Waiter, I think I’ll have a little taste (put it on his tab).

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11537
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  felix on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:52 am

He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones:

Written by R. V. Braddock and C. Putman, Jr.

He said I'll love you 'til I die
She told him you'll forget in time
As the years went slowly by
She still preyed upon his mind

He kept her picture on his wall
Went half crazy now and then
He still loved her through it all
Hoping she'd come back again

Kept some letters by his bed
Dated 1962
He had underlined in red
Every single I love you

I went to see him just today
Oh but I didn't see no tears
All dressed up to go away
First time I'd seen him smile in years

(Chorus)
He stopped loving her today
They placed a wreath upon his door
And soon they'll carry him away
He stopped loving her today

(Spoken)
You know she came to see him one last time
Oh and we all wondered if she would
And it kept running through my mind
This time he's over her for good

(Repeat Chorus)


felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Posts : 831
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : see the chicken?

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  felix on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:57 am

She Thinks I Still Care - George Jones

written by Dickey Lee and Steve Duffy

Just because I ask a friend about her
Just because I spoke her name somewhere
Just because I rang her number by mistake today
She thinks I still care

Just because I haunt the same old places
Where the mem'ry of her lingers ev'rywhere
Just because I'm not the happy guy I used to be
She thinks I still care

But if she's happy thinkin' I still need her
Then let that silly notion bring her cheer
But how could she ever be so foolish
Oh where would she get such an idea

Just because I ask a friend about her
And just because I spoke her name somewhere
Just because I saw her then went all to pieces
She thinks I still care
She thinks I still care




felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Posts : 831
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : see the chicken?

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  senorita on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:25 pm

otro


Last edited by otro on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

senorita

Posts : 362
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 19
Location : makgadikgadi pan

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  pinhedz on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Old married couple:


Tevye -- "Then you love me?"

Golda -- "I suppose I do."

Tevye -- "And I suppose I love you, too."

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11537
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  this and that on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:41 am

tatiana wrote:
Suspect

anyway
"Love is wonderful at the beginning but next morning you look at him and think: he looked cuter last night, and taller. And less Chinese"

this and that

Posts : 316
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  senorita on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:57 am

otro


Last edited by otro on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

senorita

Posts : 362
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 19
Location : makgadikgadi pan

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  pinhedz on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 am

-- We have reserved the private room, sir. And what name did you say the lady will be using?

-- She's my wife.

-- oh ...


[It was Jimmy Stewart, what else could he say? Razz ]

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11537
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  this and that on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:58 am

A, E, I, O, U
to my wedding all of them came
(ladies) but you


this and that

Posts : 316
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  this and that on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:21 am

I don't have this, there's none of that,
I don't want this and that's what you give to me

there's who bets hard and decides to love you
knowing how easy it is to lose you

there's who's got no luck and decides to cheat you
knowing how easy it is to gain you




Last edited by soʎnʇ sol ʎ sǝıʇuɐd sıɯ on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

this and that

Posts : 316
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  this and that on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:21 am

pinhedz wrote:"Most men say when they're talkin' 'bout the women,
That you can't live with 'em and you can't live with 'em.
Most women say the very same thing,
Only when they're talkin' about the men." scratch

"Well you can with without 'em, and you can live with 'em,
but either way, it won't be easy."

-- Spider John Koerner

And then Neruda found a solution "I like it when you are quiet because it is as though you are absent" cheers

("Look, Nerudita. If I was your wife I would take pen and paper and write I like it when you write because you don't touch me" Laughing )


this and that

Posts : 316
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  Doc Watson on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 am

Señorita Panties wrote:
mis panties y los tuyos wrote:
tatiana wrote:
Suspect

anyway
"Love is wonderful at the beginning but next morning you look at him and think: he looked cuter last night, and taller. And less Chinese"


Love is an illusion...an illusion that must die none-the-less along with you, pantie imposter.
To each his , or her , own.

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 66
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  this and that on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:47 am

(I'll be your) Bandit Lover

this and that

Posts : 316
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: On Love

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:50 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum