Svetlana hits the stage

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  pinhedz on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:12 am

So last Wednesday Svetlana was brow-beating the pinhed over this one solo passage and saying "This is the only thing you need to be able to play on Sunday!"
So then she tells Andrey (who also messed it up ) that "if the pinhed is going to mess it up, then don't you mess it up, too. You have to nail it and nail it louder."

And when she says that to Andrey she talks Russian talk--like so the pinhed won't understand? Rolling Eyes

But this morning the pinhed nailed it--I guess I showed her. bounce and after rehearsal she was all friendly and affectionate and stuff. I love you  I love you  I love you  

Who needs Andrey, anyway? Cool

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11694
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:46 am




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 8339
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  pinhedz on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:48 am

She just called--she says she'll be here in 20 minutes about something "important."

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11694
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:56 am




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 8339
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  pinhedz on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:42 am

pinhedz wrote:On Sunday (which the Hebraic peoples DO NOT consider to be Sabbatical) Svetlana's band will play for the Cultural Arts Program of the JCC (Jewish Community Center) in Annandale.
The Cultural Arts Director of the JCC, Dan K., has informed us that the Hebraic peoples are killing each other trying to get tickets.

Dan's reason for telling us this is that he wants the muzikanti to carpool, because if there isn't enough parking space, they will have to use the CATHOLIC PARKING SPACES next door. affraid

I don't see the problem--after all, they have a mutually-agreed MOU (memorandum of understanding) with The Catholic Church Parking Authorities on parking-space sharing, so there is no reason to be mortified.

Yikes--at showtime the line to get tickets was still 6 blocks long.affraid What a Face

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11694
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  woo on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:25 pm

^Yikes! What is wrong with those people?  



woo

Posts : 2344
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  pinhedz on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:11 pm

woo wrote:^Yikes! What is wrong with those people?

They are just homesick for the land of their birth. Crying or Very sad

They want to hear the old songs again.


pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11694
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  pinhedz on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:13 pm

^
OK, we didn't actually do that one--but we did this one--instrumentally (because we didn't have a cossack warrior for the vocal):


pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11694
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:03 pm





Yakima Canutt

Posts : 8339
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  woo on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:30 am

Oh, they are homesick. Hun, would never have imagined that waiting in an extended line would bring back warm feelings for Mother Russia. I was always told that they hated waiting in long lines...especially those at the end of the line since the loaf of bread they received had usually begun hardening all ready.




woo

Posts : 2344
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:52 am




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 8339
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  pinhedz on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:05 am

woo wrote: I was always told that they hated waiting in long lines...especially those at the end of the line since the loaf of bread they received had usually begun hardening all ready.

Seriously? Whoever told you that was totally clueless about the Soviet experience. Shocked

And the bread was 3 kopeks, NOT MAKING THIS UP--3 KOPEKS. You think you gonna get a deal like that in capitalist west? fugedaboutit. Rolling Eyes geek

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11694
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  pinhedz on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:08 am

And if I forgot to mention it before, Kuban Cossack blacksmith horse-shoeing babes rule. I love you I love you I love you I love you

Not like Donald Trump trophy-wife Russian hussies--I'm talking about real Slavic womens. I love you I love you


pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11694
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:19 am




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 8339
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:32 am


what are they talking about?


Yakima Canutt

Posts : 8339
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:33 am


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repatriation_of_Cossacks_after_World_War_II

On 28 May 1945, the British Army arrived at Camp Peggetz, in Lienz, where there were 2,479 Cossacks, including 2,201 officers and soldiers. They went to invite the Cossacks to an important conference with British officials, informing them that they would return to Lienz by six o’clock that evening; some Cossacks worried, but the British reassured them that everything was in order. One British officer told the Cossacks: “I assure you, on my word of honour as a British officer, that you are just going to a conference”. By then, British–Cossack relationships were friendly to the extent that many on both sides had developed feelings for the other. The Lienz Cossack repatriation was exceptional, because the Cossacks forcefully resisted their British repatriation to the USSR; a Cossack noted: “The NKVD or the Gestapo would have slain us with truncheons, the British did it with their word of honour.”

"The first to commit suicide, by hanging, was the Cossack editor Evgenij Tarruski. The second was General Silkin, who shot himself. . . . The Cossacks refused to board the trucks. British soldiers [armed] with pistols and clubs began using their clubs, aiming at the heads of the prisoners. They first dragged the men out of the crowd, and threw them into the trucks. The men jumped out. They beat them again, and threw them onto the floor of the trucks. Again, they jumped out. The British then hit them with rifle butts until they lay unconscious, and threw them, like sacks of potatoes, in the trucks." — Operation Keelhaul (1973), by Julius Epstein.

The British transported the Cossacks to a prison where the Soviets assumed their custody. In the town of Tristach, Austria, there is a memorial commemorating General von Pannwitz and the soldiers of the XV SS Cossack Cavalry Corps who were killed in action or died as POWs.

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 8339
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:48 am


XV SS Cossack Cavalry Corps
SS-Kosaken-Kavallerie-Korps


1st Cossack Cavalry Division



1st Cossack Cavalry Brigade Don
1st (Don) Cossack Cavalry Regiment
2nd (Ural) Cossack Cavalry Regiment
3rd (Sswodno) Cossack Cavalry Regiment
Cossack Horse Artillery Regiment Don

2nd Cossack Cavalry Brigade
4th (Kuban) Cossack Cavalry Regiment
5th (Don) Cossack Cavalry Regiment
6th (Terek) Cossack Cavalry Regiment
Cossack Horse Artillery Regiment Kuban

Divisional units
55th Reconnaissance Battalion
55th (Kuban) Cossack Horse Artillery Regiment
1st Cossack Engineer Battalion
55th Cossack Engineer Battalion
1st Signal Battalion

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 8339
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  woo on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:14 am

pinhedz wrote:
woo wrote: I was always told that they hated waiting in long lines...especially those at the end of the line since the loaf of bread they received had usually begun hardening all ready.

Seriously? Whoever told you that was totally clueless about the Soviet experience. Shocked

And the bread was 3 kopeks, NOT MAKING THIS UP--3 KOPEKS. You think you gonna get a deal like that in capitalist west? fugedaboutit. Rolling Eyes geek


Who told me that? A stranger standing in line in front of me at a bread shop where I had gone to purchase a marble rhy and one of them tasty  black and white cookies.  So what you are saying is that Russians liked standing in long lines just to buy bread that compared to the West was a deal because it was an experience? Yeah, but were they not drunk and suffering sense-numbing brain-freeze?  




woo

Posts : 2344
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  woo on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:29 am

If you don't talk about it, then it did not happed... sounds like that  came out of the George Costanza playbook. 



woo

Posts : 2344
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  pinhedz on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:06 am

woo wrote:
pinhedz wrote:
woo wrote: I was always told that they hated waiting in long lines...especially those at the end of the line since the loaf of bread they received had usually begun hardening all ready.

Seriously? Whoever told you that was totally clueless about the Soviet experience. Shocked

And the bread was 3 kopeks, NOT MAKING THIS UP--3 KOPEKS. You think you gonna get a deal like that in capitalist west? fugedaboutit. Rolling Eyes geek


Who told me that? A stranger standing in line in front of me at a bread shop where I had gone to purchase a marble rhy and one of them tasty  black and white cookies.  So what you are saying is that Russians liked standing in long lines just to buy bread that compared to the West was a deal because it was an experience? Yeah, but were they not drunk and suffering sense-numbing brain-freeze?
Actually, they weren't crazy about the lines at the time, but nostalgia is a funny thing. When you can't do it any more, suddenly you realize how much you miss it. Crying or Very sad

And as for that stranger standing in front of you in the line--you forget to tell me his name: was it Ivan Ivanovich or was it Mr. Trump?

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11694
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  pinhedz on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:15 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repatriation_of_Cossacks_after_World_War_II

Daniilyuk (now deceased) really hated those Soviet Russians. The position of the Hebraic Peoples in Russia and Ukraine was a different thing, although also very dicey.

I remember a lady named Alla that came to Minnesota back in the '70s, and said "Since I come here I find out how much I miss Russia." Crying or Very sad

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11694
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:36 am




Yakima Canutt

Posts : 8339
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  pinhedz on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:53 am

Russians like to call Ukrainians that don't like Russia "Banderists, in honor of Stepan Bandera, which is a way of implying that Ukrainians that are anti-Russian are also anti-semitic and Nazi sympathizers.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11694
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  woo on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:51 pm

pinhedz wrote:
woo wrote:
pinhedz wrote:
woo wrote: I was always told that they hated waiting in long lines...especially those at the end of the line since the loaf of bread they received had usually begun hardening all ready.

Seriously? Whoever told you that was totally clueless about the Soviet experience. Shocked

And the bread was 3 kopeks, NOT MAKING THIS UP--3 KOPEKS. You think you gonna get a deal like that in capitalist west? fugedaboutit. Rolling Eyes geek


Who told me that? A stranger standing in line in front of me at a bread shop where I had gone to purchase a marble rhy and one of them tasty  black and white cookies.  So what you are saying is that Russians liked standing in long lines just to buy bread that compared to the West was a deal because it was an experience? Yeah, but were they not drunk and suffering sense-numbing brain-freeze?
Actually, they weren't crazy about the lines at the time, but nostalgia is a funny thing. When you can't do it any more, suddenly you realize how much you miss it. Crying or Very sad

And as for that stranger standing in front of you in the line--you forget to tell me his name: was it Ivan Ivanovich or was it Mr. Trump?

Her name is "Old Hag." She bought the last marble rhy that my friend really needed, and then refused to sell it to me after I offered her a reasonable amount of money. I ended up yanking It out of her hands as I called her an old hag and ran home where later I fell sick from that black and white cookie...I puked my lungs out.

woo

Posts : 2344
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:57 pm


Suspect

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 8339
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Svetlana hits the stage

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:00 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum