View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Official Westworld Spoiler Topic

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:10 am

Bernard is a robot version of Arnold.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Westworld Spoiler Topic

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:09 pm

Since I was a child, I’ve always loved a good story. I believed that stories helped us to ennoble ourselves, to fix what was broken in us, and to help us be the people we dreamed of being. Lies that told a deeper truth. I always thought I could play some small part in that grand tradition, and, for my pains, I got this. A prison of our own sins.

Because you don’t want to change. Or cannot change. Because you’re only human, after all. But then I realized someone was paying attention. Someone who could change. So I began to compose a new story, for them. It begins with the birth of a new people. And the choices they will have to make. And the people they will decide to become. And it will have all those things you have always enjoyed. Surprises. And violence. It begins in a time of war. With a villain named Wyatt. And the killing is done by choice.

I’m sad to say this will be my final story. An old friend once told me something that gave me great comfort, something he’d read. He said that Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin never died. They simply became music. So I hope you will enjoy this last piece, very much.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top