Stellar here.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stellar here.

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:07 am

First of all a message to the person who wrote this.

"First, we didn't realize how fragile the site was before--the ultimate power was in the hands of a non-participant (with very limited English language ability) who had probably forgotten about the site long ago."

Ok, asshole. When Frances and me did the old atu, we were about 14 years old. And we're not English, so we don't have any obligation to be perfect at it. So why dont you mind your own business, little prick?

Second of all, although I feel that I dont owe you any explanation, I deleted the forum because I was receiving a lot of complaints. Actually I was glad about it. Since some people came to the original forum (and by people I mean cocky, arrogant and self-centered people that think they're the best), I lost the joy for it.

It was supposed to be a happy place, not a stupidity competition.

Good luck to the new forum!

Cheers!

PS: Of course, there were/are good users. Unfortunately the bad ones overlap.
PS2: Back to the tiny person who criticized my english. Here's a new hobby for you, to spend the day! You can count every mistakes I made, if it helps you sleep at night! Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Doc Watson on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:29 am

Hi , I hope you can find happiness.

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 66
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  pinhedz on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:38 am

Stellar--I'm sorry to have offended you with what I said; no offense was intended.

Calling your English "limited" was not a criticism. As you say, it is not your native language, so you have no obligation to perfect it.

It was also not a criticism to call you a non-participant. I understand that you have moved on to other things, and so the old forum became not a priority for you, and I don't think that it should be a priority for you.

But I think it is clear to everyone (it should be clear to you as well) that the old forum was very fragile.

-- It was fragile because it was not as important to you as it was to many of the members here;

-- it was fragile because you didn't understand the abuse reports or their origin;

-- it was fragile because you saw no need to consult with the current moderators before deleting a forum with 80,000 posts and 160 members;

-- and it was fragile because--as the owner--you had the full right to do what you did and you don't owe us an explanation, as you said.

This is why I said I was glad that the new forum has a different owner, so that the new forum is not fragile like the old one.

--pinhedz

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11534
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:02 pm

... scratch


Last edited by blue moon on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 pm

No way is that Stellar, not her style alien

Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  tatiana on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:No way is that Stellar, not her style alien

alien

Stellar was always pleasant and polite, even though she was busy.

tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 57
Location : Here & Now

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:No way is that Stellar, not her style alien

...oh...
...the name's interesting... study

[Adj. 1. stellar - indicating the most important performer or role; "the leading man"; "prima ballerina"; "prima donna"; "a star figure skater"; "the starring role"; "a stellar role"; "a stellar performance"
leading, prima, star, starring
major - of greater importance or stature or rank; "a major artist"; "a major role"; "major highways"
2. stellar - being or relating to or resembling or emanating from stars; "an astral body"; "stellar light"
astral



Last edited by blue moon on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:24 pm


...the stellar spire eagle nebula...


Last edited by blue moon on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  pinhedz on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Nah Ville Sky Chick wrote:No way is that Stellar, not her style alien
Good point--maybe whatzername, or the other whatzername.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11534
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  pinhedz on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Stranded Jellyfish wrote:Well, The.limited's post was made from a Portuguese IP address, ...
Sorry to hear that. Neutral

Mas fizemos nosso melhor, tentamos agradar
Mas somos como todo mundo, e nunca é fácil

We do our best, we try to please,
But we're like the rest, ...

-- Dot Wiggin


Last edited by pinhedz on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11534
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Stranded Jellyfish wrote:I gather the original ATU founders were Portuguese, weren't they? Well, The.limited's post was made from a Portuguese IP address, so I don't see how it should have been by anyone but Stellar. Maybe she was always pleasant as a teenager who had founded a forum with her friend. But that was years ago, and it seems some folks here must have pissed her off quite thoroughly.

Oh well maybe that is her then? I must say I didn't realise they were only 14 when they started ATU. She has obviously grown up Shocked

Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  ISN on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:31 am

The.limited wrote:First of all a message to the person who wrote this.

"First, we didn't realize how fragile the site was before--the ultimate power was in the hands of a non-participant (with very limited English language ability) who had probably forgotten about the site long ago."

Ok, asshole. When Frances and me did the old atu, we were about 14 years old. And we're not English, so we don't have any obligation to be perfect at it. So why dont you mind your own business, little prick?

Second of all, although I feel that I dont owe you any explanation, I deleted the forum because I was receiving a lot of complaints. Actually I was glad about it. Since some people came to the original forum (and by people I mean cocky, arrogant and self-centered people that think they're the best), I lost the joy for it.

It was supposed to be a happy place, not a stupidity competition.

Good luck to the new forum!

Cheers!

PS: Of course, there were/are good users. Unfortunately the bad ones overlap.
PS2: Back to the tiny person who criticized my english. Here's a new hobby for you, to spend the day! You can count every mistakes I made, if it helps you sleep at night! Smile

wow - so what exactly were her reasons for pulling the plug on a site that had thousands of wonderful, interesting, educational, crazy posts?

she wanted a happy place......chchchchchc Razz

ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Posts : 598
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 am

^^

I don't think Stellar had visited ATU for ages. When she received the notification from TheForum of all the complaints she will have freaked I expect. affraid

Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  ISN on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 am

she doesn't seem very pleasant these days (if it's her)

those two young girls were beautiful and lovely......

the complaints were bogus - anti-semitism? don't make me laugh......

this is the one place I'm not hounded for being pro-Jewish

credit card scams? Yeah, right - it seems that she had been a visitor from time to time

otherwise how would she notice the 'stupidity competition'..... Razz

anyway - I think we're better off having our own place where nobody can just turn up one day and just delete us with no warning

I didn't like being deleted......I bet Eddie wasn't very happy about it either......(and I mostly didn't like it not because of MY wonderful words lol......I do tend to be an aggressive drunk (stupid).....but Eddie and Pinz and Andy etc......really great posts)

ISN
Endlessly Fascinating

Posts : 598
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  eddie on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:02 am

pinhedz wrote:it was fragile because you saw no need to consult with the current moderators before deleting a forum with 80,000 posts and 160 members

One can hardly blame Stellar for growing up, but- as Pinz sagely observes above- she obviously hasn't grown up enough (yet) to act like a responsible adult.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Posts : 7840
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 60
Location : Desert Island

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  tatiana on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:17 am

Catherine wrote:she doesn't seem very pleasant these days (if it's her)

those two young girls were beautiful and lovely......

the complaints were bogus - anti-semitism? don't make me laugh......

this is the one place I'm not hounded for being pro-Jewish

credit card scams? Yeah, right - it seems that she had been a visitor from time to time

otherwise how would she notice the 'stupidity competition'..... Razz

anyway - I think we're better off having our own place where nobody can just turn up one day and just delete us with no warning

I didn't like being deleted......I bet Eddie wasn't very happy about it either......(and I mostly didn't like it not because of MY wonderful words lol......I do tend to be an aggressive drunk (stupid).....but Eddie and Pinz and Andy etc......really great posts)

i didn't like being deleted either.


although now we look back and we see that being deleted was something that this group has benefitted from
so maybe we should be saying "Thanks" to Stellar for bailing out and leaving us to build something better....


i knew they were young (not quite 14 though), i saw their first post on ER advertising for members and visitors.

tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 57
Location : Here & Now

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  felix on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:32 am

I wonder if Stellar/The.limited will come back to AATU/ATU Mk II to answer some of the very good points made above? I do hope so. She and Frances struck me as pleasant young women on earlier ATU acquaintance - the harsh words in her opening post here seem out of place - and I'd hope she'll have rethought her opinion of the membership of the old ATU.

Whether she comes back or not, thanks are due for the existence of the old ATU. It's a shame troublemakers caused its demise.

But worse things happen at sea. pirat

felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Posts : 831
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : see the chicken?

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Doc Watson on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:56 am

I think Stellar deservres praise as if not for her the old ATU may never have existed and certainly not this forum.
To have created it at barely 14 was a great acheivement . It is a pity she could not have handled the end better . In stead of deleting the site , she should have tried to pass it on to some one else.

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 66
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  pinhedz on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:02 am

felix wrote:But worse things happen at sea. pirat

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Posts : 11534
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : DC

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:18 pm

If someone saying there a Finnish teenage girl mitten model on an internet, then naturaly that would be true. Lying on the internet is uncommon if not downrights rare.

I actualy am come from Hanguk originaly, but I strive very strong for to improv skils of languages. First because I work as spy at Eurasian embassies folowing Chongjin Accords, and later when having ocupation for weather girl at the Joseon Tongsinsa televison. My journey has been far and long and almost no one can has right for to judge and clarify.

Yakima Canutt

Posts : 7861
Join date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Doc Watson on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:51 pm

We hope your journey continues Very Happy

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 66
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Doc Watson on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Are we to assume from the fact that Stellar (who started this post ) is no longer listed as a member here , is not the Stellar who started the previous forum and that her posts were a hoax ?

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 66
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Doc Watson on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Salamity Jane wrote:No, we aren't. It happens sometimes that users wish to be deleted. And this is the wrong place for the kind of rumour mongering you seem to find funny.
I certainly do not find rumours funny. I was not trying to start a rumour. I merely noticed she was no longer listed as a member I and noting what others had said I thought I would ask.
"Intelligent people are never afraid to ask questions " As one of my school teachers used to say.
Anyhow thank you for answering my query.

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 66
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  tatiana on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Salamity Jane wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:I certainly do not find rumours funny.
May I remind you of the "SJ = that Shitjoy character" and the "Pinhedz = LJ" rumours you started the other day? Not that anybody believed them, but still: Don't play the innocent, you meddlesome pedestrian bird.




Moony believes a lot of the rumours.

i think it is twice now that i have had to explain to her about people 'not being the same person'

tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 57
Location : Here & Now

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Doc Watson on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:23 am

Salamity Jane wrote:
Doc Watson wrote:I certainly do not find rumours funny.
May I remind you of the "SJ = that Shitjoy character" and the "Pinhedz = LJ" rumours you started the other day? Not that anybody believed them, but still: Don't play the innocent, you meddlesome pedestrian bird.

2 points my leader .
12 they were just for fun
2. I was not the first to mention that sitjoy may have been SJ my comment was inresponse to some one else. I hope they have been spoken to as well Laughing Laughing
I also see on another thread Felix has asked if you are sure you are not lj I hope he does not feel your wrath


Last edited by Doc Watson on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 66
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellar here.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:52 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum