Current Events

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Current Events

Post  pinhedz on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:54 pm

HRC won the popular vote by being overwhelmingly popular in NYC and greater LA.

That ain't America. bounce

If NYC and LA are allowed to choose our leaders, they'll choose the ones who agree to reduce the agricultural sector to serfdom. Shocked

How un-Jeffersonian (or is it? Suspect )

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:13 pm

and Londoners are not English and Parisians are not French, cosmopolitans are metaphasic sea creatures.   bounce

note- Bipartisan-supported Big Agribusiness is a major force making farmers serfs, Los Angeles has not much to do with it.

but actually, Hillary won metropolitan zones across the country - so to clarify, DALLAS IS NOT AMERICA AND HOUSTON IS MALAYSIA, says smarthedz

note- most domestic power rests with congress, which already provides ample disproportionate power for rural zones

note- you repeated my point that the Electoral College as it functions now is more Jeffersonian (why I said unHamiltonian).  But we see that also makes it more susceptible to a carnival barking demagogue, especially now that a growing bulk of the population gets their news from conspiracy theory laden Tweets and Facebook posts.  Considering the powers congress has ceded to the President in regards to Foreign Affairs, that seems like a potentially dangerous recipe.

and maybe i am cuckoo, but it seems like in a sharply-divided country, having a system where the guy who gets less votes wins is a toxicity-enhancer.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:32 pm

don't fight it, Yak - the 2.5 million Ohioans who voted against Donald Duck forfeited their rights of being REAL AMERICANS once they moved to the Cleveland, Columbus and Cinci Metro Areas, which are basically extensions of the Romulan Star Empire.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:46 pm

well, Cleveland and Cinci are half black. And non-hispanic whites only make up a quarter of the population of Dallas and Houston.

but we were attempting to discuss Real Americans.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:07 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:
well, Cleveland and Cinci are half black. And non-hispanic whites only make up a quarter of the population of Dallas

but we were attempting to discuss Real Americans.

the places you mention all have surrounding white-ish suburbs.   do residents of Non-Coastal Suburbs qualify as Real Americans?

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:14 pm

pinhedz wrote:Geography is not as important as the map of the human heart. Wherever you are, if you voted for Donald Duck to be El Presidente ... you are a Real American.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:14 pm

pinhedz' cousin, Tad wrote:The Californian Elite hates nothing more than farming.

Hmm, in fact, The Californian Elite knows how important agriculture is to the economy.

Over a third of the United States' vegetables and two-thirds of the country’s fruits and nuts are grown in California. California’s top–10 valued commodities for 2015 are:

Milk — $6.29 billion
Almonds — $5.33 billion
Grapes — $4.95 billion
Cattle, Calves — $3.39 billion
Lettuce — $2.25 billion

Strawberries — $1.86 billion
Tomatoes — $1.71 billion
Poultry/Eggs — $1.7 billion
Walnuts — $977 million
Hay — $945 million

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:
pinhedz' cousin, Tad wrote:The Californian Elite hates nothing more than farming.

Hmm, in fact, The Californian Elite knows how important agriculture is to the economy.

Over a third of the United States' vegetables and two-thirds of the country’s fruits and nuts are grown in California. California’s top–10 valued commodities for 2015 are:

Milk — $6.29 billion
   Almonds — $5.33 billion
   Grapes — $4.95 billion
   Cattle, Calves — $3.39 billion
   Lettuce — $2.25 billion

Strawberries — $1.86 billion
   Tomatoes — $1.71 billion
   Poultry/Eggs — $1.7 billion
   Walnuts — $977 million
   Hay — $945 million

pinhedz' cousin, Tad wrote:Heheh, I feel sheepish now. I guess I had a cartoonish view of Louis B. Mayer pitted against Nebraska and Iowa that didn't have anything to do with anything.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:24 am

Once again, the pinhed is called upon for English-language reading comprehension lessons. Rolling Eyes

Firstly—Dallas, in fact IS NOT America.

Dallas IS IN America.

[see the distinction?    ]

Secondly—Densely populated areas ARE NOT elitist--far from it (have you seen the South Bronx?). But they eat a great deal without doing any farming, except for some recreational specialty plants (repeat--have you seen the South Bronx? geek )

Thirdly—Elitists don’t hate farming--that would be like hating eating Razz --they love farming to be done by somebody else.

Farming got Thomas Jefferson ("The elitists' elitist") his huge library and his wine cellar full of Muscadine and Madiera.

Thomas Jefferson didn’t hate his slaves—he loved them—especially Sally, Lizzie, Sadie, and Busty Bessie.

Fourthly—We all knew Hillary had lost the election before a single vote was counted in California, and she was behind in the popular vote.

She only moved ahead in the popular vote when Los Angeles County was counted.

We Minnesota boys do not want LA controlling our lives.

Last edited by pinhedz on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:08 am; edited 5 times in total

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:46 am

btw--What's all that BS about Trump being a real American? The pinhed was talking about representation and the electoral college map. scratch

... and since (by your own admission) the pinhed is an elitist, you must know that whenever Trump opens his mouth the pinhed is like

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:47 am

hackneyed cliches contain what linguists call CONNOTATION, so when you say "Los Angles and NYC ain't America" - that has a connotation that Los Angeles and NYC are less American than other more American places like Peoria where my dear mum is from.

I will take you at your word, that as Vulcan, you never ever engage in subtext, and didn't realize the subtext of your shopworn chestnut. If so, this is my mistake and I applagize.

I have NorCal Gilroy Garlic Farmers in my extended familia, so I could discuss contemporary agricultural policy with you, but I'm not sure what you're on about.

It's weird - Jesus Christ told me to visit TapperReddit during my tea break and what do I see but Rinse Probus of the GOP saying:

"well if it weren't for the Electoral College, Jake, you would have New York and Los Angeles ... blah blah blah ... constructing a coon-powered ion cannon to destroy the sun ... blah blah blah"

that's strange the chairman of the GOP was using the exact same tired talking point that Professor Pinzmart used ...

wait, if Prof is also known to frequent the 7/11 in Alexandria ... could it be that Prof is a partisan hack?!?

(to repeat again, Democraps have wide support in Metro Zones and Suburbs that are in Non-Coastal FLYOVER LAND, so you have your many millions that aren't the Bronx BoogieWoogie Man or the Malibu Ju Cru, dig)

it's OK, Rinse Probus seems like a nicer person than Deb Wasserman Schultz.  But I don't know much about Marcia Fudge, the new lady.

Sangeet says if you're going to start talking about the mutations spawned by Agrarian Populist Despotism, you probably are being more Jacksonian than Jeffersonian, but not much of either, and let's get back on track and talk about Mayor-Elect Donald McDuck and what it means for cattle futures.

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:55 am

pinhedz wrote:
the pinhed is an elitist,

selectively elitist. as I said, the hed was UNHAMILTONIAN in a putrid defence of the electoral college that offers succor to KnowNothing CombOver Musso-Barnum-Gaddaffies

er and i mean a stable society like probab needs a bitchin blend of elitism and populism

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:06 am

maybe some good news: Mayor-Elect McDuck already looks way less Mussolini-like now that he won (the UnHamiltonian Electoral College)

looking at him meeting with President Barry and Speaker Paul, McDuck has the affect of "what the fuck did I get myself into? Being President is boring as shit."

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:26 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:
pinhedz wrote:
the pinhed is an elitist,

selectively elitist.  as I said, the hed was UNHAMILTONIAN in a putrid defence of the electoral college that offers succor to KnowNothing CombOver Musso-Barnum-Gaddaffies

er and i mean a stable society like probab needs a bitchin blend of elitism and populism
The present-day electoral college is unHamiltonian because it has been so distorted that it now bears no resemblance 2 what it was meant 2B.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am

in case I was coming across as a Hillarista, I might add that I was blocked on GoofusBook by the famed writer of Season 2 - Episode 15, for suggesting last March that any random person picked off the street would do better in Ohio and Pennsylvania than Madam H-Rod and her highly qualified rotting albatross luggage.

Tho I did think more white educated would vote against Thuggish Bad-Hair Infomercial Salesman.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:39 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:
Tho I did think more white educated would vote against Thuggish Bad-Hair Infomercial Salesman.
The statisticians say they did, but there weren't enough of them.

Yakima Canutt wrote:"well if it weren't for the Electoral College, Jake, you would have New York and Los Angeles ... blah blah blah ... "

that's strange the chairman of the GOP was using the exact same tired talking point that Professor Pinzmart used ...
Well, since the chairman is saying something that should be obvious to everyone, everyone who says the obvious is saying the same thing.

"That ain't America" is something Marcus said during a different election year, when he was looking at little patches of blue in a sea of red. He meant to say there's a whole lot more of America than a few blue patches.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:47 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:wait, if Prof is also known to frequent the 7/11 in Alexandria ... could it be that Prof is a partisan hack?!?
Alexandria's 2 far--I go to the one at Park street and Cedar lane.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:54 am

I guess you keep ignoring my point, because i am the most rightest.  It's deliberately misleading when you say "NYC and LA" while ignoring the Indianapolis-Bloomington-Milwaukee-Kansas City-Chicago-Saint Paul-Columbus-Des Moines-Fort Woth-Atlanta-Denver-Tuscon Nexxus of Justicia.

Your cheap tactic was exposed in the pivotal pamphlet, "Dirty Tricks of Lying Liars" by Drye Probus.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:57 am

"NYC and LA" is obviously just shorthand for the coast-to-coast blue splotches.

Chicago was a very big one this year.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:01 pm

yes, a deceptive shorthand used by Rinse Probus, and exposed by his estranged brother, Drye Probus.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Exit Poll

white college graduates - 45% for Madam H. 49% for Donald Duck. 6% for Steve Rogers or no opinion.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:07 pm

Sangeet says most of those college are just places to get drunkenly laid in between the football games.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Breaking

North Korea experts on Trump: 'It's clear he knows next to nothing'

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:16 pm

^
Where'd they get the money?

In my day rent at the boarding house and books took all the money.

If two couples could save enough for a bottle of wine--that was a party. drunken

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down